Simonis 760 question....

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you live in a really humid area would 760 be a better choice than 860 or HR? I know its super-fast when new but i would guess hi-humidity would slow it down some. Yes/no?? Thanks

JC

Coos Cues
I put some on my gold crown one time and the durability of it was very poor. Holes popped up all over the place after about 6 months. I don't feel it's a better choice any where or any time.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put some on my gold crown one time and the durability of it was very poor. Holes popped up all over the place after about 6 months. I don't feel it's a better choice any where or any time.
How did holes 'pop up'? Is it that thin? I guess HR is the way to go.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you live in a really humid area would 760 be a better choice than 860 or HR? I know its super-fast when new but i would guess hi-humidity would slow it down some. Yes/no?? Thanks
I don't personally have any experience with 760. But I think it is interesting that when John Schmidt was doing his high-run attempts at Easy Street Billiards, which is just a few blocks from Monterey Bay, the cloth was 760. It did not seem overly fast in that high-humidity location.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Not sure if it is of any interest nor have I used it, but Andy 900 is supposed to be made for high humidity environments.