simonis cloth installation help

tigershark8

Does anyone know where I can get instructions on how to properly install simonis cloth including the rails? I just need something I can print off as a how to guide so I don't mess up.Any help would be great, I know I can search the forum, but feel it might be better if I have the info in front of me on paper. I am currently setting up my own table and understand that it takes a highly qualified tech to do it right and don't want to infringe on anybodys trade secrets so just asking. I will posts picks later of my custom Robertson Black Max - it's gonna be awesome! Thanks

Dartman

Silver Member
The very best instructional material and least confusing is the Simonis Installation DVD Set - available at Seyberts.

Pooldoctor

Registered
Simonis Rail Covering DVD

Just recently viewed the DVD and it certainly is informative. I was wondering how many of you installers like this recommended method of folding a seam on the sidepocket of a valley rail.. I used to do that when I first started years ago now I recover the Valley rails without putting a fold on the side pocket rail. I totally agree with gluing instead of stapling the whole rail. What do you guys think???

islandracer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know where I can get instructions on how to properly install simonis cloth including the rails? I just need something I can print off as a how to guide so I don't mess up.Any help would be great, I know I can search the forum, but feel it might be better if I have the info in front of me on paper. I am currently setting up my own table and understand that it takes a highly qualified tech to do it right and don't want to infringe on anybodys trade secrets so just asking. I will posts picks later of my custom Robertson Black Max - it's gonna be awesome! Thanks

I went through this process in November, not having a clue about this stuff. This forum was great to do it as best as possible, definitely get the canvas stretching pliers, will really make it easier to get the full stretch out of the cloth and hold it in place while you staple.