Simonis Spots

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I don't have to have Simonis spots but Diamond wants $2 each and Pool Dawg wants 95¢. I replace spots a lot so I'll probably order plain spots from Cue & Case, 100 ~$7.00. Is there a source for Simonis spots I haven't found?

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
I don't have to have Simonis spots but Diamond wants $2 each and Pool Dawg wants 95¢. I replace spots a lot so I'll probably order plain spots from Cue & Case, 100 ~$7.00. Is there a source for Simonis spots I haven't found?

Not to be a smartass, but, have you tried Simonis?

1-800-SIMONIS

:grin:

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
Been waiting for a return call.:boring2:

Got a call today and spots are on the way!!:thumbup:

Got 30 spots for free. :woot:

Last edited:

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
But do they stick ?

My last batch of Simonis spots didn't last more than 24 hours and the glue would release and curl up the spot...I always preferred Simonis spots but they changed them about a year ago and they won't stay on for me...Please report back as to how they work for you. ., I switched to another spot and would like to switch back if the glue is better.

Thanks,
Gordon
425-275-8255

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
The Diamond guys installed 14 spots March 1st 2015. They've held up except for the very high play 8-footer which I replaced with a left over championship spot. Another table has the Simonis spot edges just starting to curl and I will replace this weekend. Stay tuned.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I've had luck with the Simonis spots. I used the cue ball and rolled and pressed like hell on the new spots. They've held up on the league 7-footers but I've replaced the everyday 8-footer about every two months. I've got decals on the side of my Diamonds advertising Simonis .. do I really need Simonis spots too? Probably not.

Just had the 8-footer recovered with 860HR. 860 was badly worn after 6 months in a commercial setting. See how the HR does.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I've had luck with the Simonis spots. I used the cue ball and rolled and pressed like hell on the new spots. They've held up on the league 7-footers but I've replaced the everyday 8-footer about every two months. I've got decals on the side of my Diamonds advertising Simonis .. do I really need Simonis spots too? Probably not.

Just had the 8-footer recovered with 860HR. 860 was badly worn after 6 months in a commercial setting. See how the HR does.

I will be curious to see how the 860HR compares to the 860. I have 860 on my Gold Crown at home. Coming up Feb 2016 will be the end of the 3rd year of play on my table since I put the new Simonis on it. For a home table I am surprised at the amount of wear it shows. I play about 12 hours a week on it and it has a lot of burn marks, (I dont jump on my table) lines in the rail grooves, wear from racking, and 2 large areas at the foot rail about a diamond from each corner pocket from wear from 8 ball breaks.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I run 860HR on my 3 Diamond Bar Boxes. I have 12 teams that play Mon.-Thurs. nights, Tourneys every other Sat. from Nov.-May, free pool every Sun. all day, and average 375-400 paid games a month, league players practice for free Mon.-Thurs., and I get 2 years out of my cloth. The cloth isn't ragged after 2 years either, that's just the schedule we follow. Our tables are cleaned a min. 2x's weekly and the balls are run through the Diamond Polisher every other day. A bit of maintenance goes a long way. Brian.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I agree with proper cleaning. I have 3 sets of balls with the oldest set being 3 years old, they are good sets too, not the $39.95 sets, Centennials, Aramith Tournaments, and Cyclops. I also have a Diamond polisher and I usually clean the table about every 12 15 hours of play.