Size of 314's hole...?

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Anyone knows the diameter of the hollow hole of the original Predator 314..? I'm also curious how far it goes down into the shaft.

-- peer

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Peer said:
Anyone knows the diameter of the hollow hole of the original Predator 314..? I'm also curious how far it goes down into the shaft.

-- peer

A while ago Mike Page posted a picture of an old 314 shaft that he had sliced in half lengthwise to show the hole. I think he even had a ruler laid next to it for scale, and as I recall it looked like it was about 1/4" x 6", but I'm guessing from memory.

pj
chgo

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Patrick Johnson said:
A while ago Mike Page posted a picture of an old 314 shaft that he had sliced in half lengthwise to show the hole.

Thank you for that pointer, and yes, I found the post, but unfortunately the link to that photo is all but gone.

If you, Mike, (or anyone else for that matter), remember the drilled out dimensions for the original 341, give me a holler.

-- peer

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
Peer said:

-- peer

I think you have to form an emotional bond and spend some time dating, before you can get that information...

Dwight

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I've opened up several 314's and the hole dimensions always looked the same. What was in the hole varied. Sometimes it was foam, other times it was a thick layer of some clear stuff...glue???

The dimensions given above sound reasonable...I never actually measured it. I was always amazed at how little wood exists under the ferrule.

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
don't know what happened - it sent out 3 duplicates

Last edited:

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
don't know what happened - it sent out 3 duplicates

Last edited:

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
mosconiac said:
The dimensions given above sound reasonable...I never actually measured it. I was always amazed at how little wood exists under the ferrule.

I wonder if the Z2 has a smaller hole, or if its diameter is the same as the 314 -- i.e., making the sidewall on the Z2 even thinner..?

-- peer