Skip Weston- 8 Points, Very Sharp

Deno J. Andrews

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had I ordered it from Skip, I would have done the same. This cue is a player, and the phenolic joint is great for that purpose.
Deno

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a sweet cue. I've always liked the looks of Skip's 8-prongs into nice BE or curly maple, where he does his low (or "shadow" points as he likes to call them) with something contrasting but also matching one of the veneer colors in the long prongs. His point work is always fantastic.

Deno, who put the wrap on....doesn't look like anything Skip's done but maybe he's gotten some of that boar's hide looking stuff in ??

Sean

Deno J. Andrews

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good question! I didn't get it from him, but I was told that it was as he built it. I haven't been able to reach him yet to ask.
Deno

cosmocues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cue

That cue was originally mine...I purchased three cues from Skip to re-sell and that was one of them....I dont remember who I sold it to but the wrap is not original...Thank God!! The original wrap was purple with white speck irish linen..Anyway good luck with the cue and if you want to know anything else just ask......Cosmo Salerno

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Cosmo.. i thought that cue looked familar.. you had them at valley forge in 04... i remember one of them you took the samasara as a trade on.. dont remember which one though..

chris

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
It does look like boarhide because of the holes you can see in the hide...nice looking birdseye on the forearm....:)
________

Last edited:

classiccues

Craig Petersen Ebony Nose Circa 1988
Gold Member
Silver Member
cosmocues said:
That cue was originally mine...I purchased three cues from Skip to re-sell and that was one of them....I dont remember who I sold it to but the wrap is not original...Thank God!! The original wrap was purple with white speck irish linen..Anyway good luck with the cue and if you want to know anything else just ask......Cosmo Salerno

Cosmo,
Looking back at my photos, I was sure it was one I had purchased. But you're right, I have a photo of that cue with that (linen) wrap on it and I didn't buy it. Skip has never had that boars skin, or boarskin print leather. If he did, I would have only used that wrap and lizard.

JV (---so much for all original cues, and doing your homework... :)