Sneak preview of US Open dvd's

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Who is this ?

skelaton pool.jpg


2013 U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship
Marriott Hotel, Chesapeake, Virginia
October 13-19, 2013

Pre-Paid Special Offer
1-4 for $15 each, 5-9 for $13 each
10-14 for $12 each, 15-18 for $11 each
Shipping Charges: 1=$7, 2=$8, 3=$9, 4=$10, 5-9=$12, 10-15=$15, 16-18=$20
Complete set of 19 DVDs for $10 each with FREE shipping ($190)
Free Shipping – U.S. only

Shipped by December 16, 2013
DVD # Contestants (TPA) Score Hosts Min
389b-01 Shannon Daulton (.861) d. Kevin West (.732) 11-7 JW,DD 120
389b-02* Kenichi Uchigaki (.851) d. Stevie Moore (.839) 11-9 JW,DD 165
389b-03* Warren Kiamco (.899) d. Mika Immonen (.948) 11-10 JW,DD 100
389b-04 Brandon Shuff (.905) d. Frankie Hernandez (.732) 11-4 JW,DD 60
389b-05 Thorsten Hohmann (.946) d. R.J. Carmona (.675) 11-2 JW,DD 60
389b-06 Charlie Williams (.837) d. Larry Nevel (.840) 11-8 JW,DD 88
389b-07* Shane Van Boening (.931) d. O. Al-Shaheen (.884) 11-5 JW,BG 80
389b-08* Wang Can (.933) d. Yukio Akagariyama (.844) 11-9 JW,DD 110
389b-09* Oliver Ortmann (.940) d. Daryl Peach (.876) 11-9 BG,PF 95
389b-10 Corey Deuel (.855) d. Rodney Morris (.851) 11-8 JW,DD 75
389b-11 Johnny Archer (.919) d. Jason Klatt (.836) 11-5 JW,DD 85
389b-12** Niels Feijen (.929) d. Darren Appleton (.714) 11-2 JW,DD 85
389b-13 Jayson Shaw (.912) d. Johnny Archer (.887) 11-8 JW,DD 95
389b-14** Lee Vann Corteza (.972) d. Hayat Hijikata (.500) 11-1 JW,DD 58
389b-15 Niels Feijen (.894) d. Nick Ekonomopoulos (.848) 11-9 JW,DD 130
389b-16 Shane Van Boening (.905) d. Chris Melling (.825) 11-6 JW,DD 80
389b-17 Shane Van Boening (.927) d. Jayson Shaw (.915) 11-5 JW,DD 70
389b-18* Lee Vann Corteza (.899) d. Jayson Shaw (.890) 12-10 JW,DD 90
389b-19 Shane Van Boening (.842) d. Lee Van Corteza (.817)(F) 13-10 JW,DD 115

TPA = Total Performance Average

http://www.accu-stats.com/
 
Last edited:
I know I might just be picky, and it's never stopped me from buying from Accu-Stats in the past.

But why do they have to give away the final scores on all their DVDs?
 
I know I might just be picky, and it's never stopped me from buying from Accu-Stats in the past.

But why do they have to give away the final scores on all their DVDs?

I also thought this was a rather obvious blunder. They could should the match score and accu-stats rating in very small print in a different area of the DVD if they are stubborn about it.
 
I also thought this was a rather obvious blunder. They could should the match score and accu-stats rating in very small print in a different area of the DVD if they are stubborn about it.

To my knowledge, they do it on every DVD and in their catalogs. I'm sure they have a reason for it, but it sucks if it's a match you've never seen.
 
I prefer not to show the score and TPA when selling DVDs and we did so for a while.

Complaints were common from customers who wanted to see a particular player only to find out that that player lost 11-3. Also, the matches that draw the most interest are those that are close matches. Therefore, we only show the scores when offering the DVDs for sale.

The scores and TPAs are NOT on the DVDs. They are not on the packaging, and they are not on the menu of the DVDs. In fact, on the DVD, we go right into the match now so the viewer will not see how many racks are in the menu.

I hope this clears things up. As always, Accu-Stats tries its best to please our customers (and improving sales doesn't hurt either).

Pat Fleming
 
I prefer not to show the score and TPA when selling DVDs and we did so for a while.

Complaints were common from customers who wanted to see a particular player only to find out that that player lost 11-3. Also, the matches that draw the most interest are those that are close matches. Therefore, we only show the scores when offering the DVDs for sale.

The scores and TPAs are NOT on the DVDs. They are not on the packaging, and they are not on the menu of the DVDs. In fact, on the DVD, we go right into the match now so the viewer will not see how many racks are in the menu.

I hope this clears things up. As always, Accu-Stats tries its best to please our customers (and improving sales doesn't hurt either).

Pat Fleming


That makes sense and I appreciate your reply.

My only suggestion then would be to leave the scores off, and instead, give a vague description. Something like, "This match went hill-hill", or "This match was decided by x # of games" Just a thought for the future.

Please don't think my complaint reflects at all on the quality of product you and your team put out. Like I said in my first post, if nothing changes on the matter, it won't stop me from buying a DVD I want.
 
Back
Top