Snooker Table Dimensions

mccw147

Hi all. Does anybody happen to know the length of the furniture on a 12ft snooker table? Specifically the cushions. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
140 inches between cushions.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you know the length of one block? Wooden end to wooden end. Thanks.
Do you mean the length of each of the six wooden rail sections shown below?
1688334271489.png

If so, it looks to be very close to the width of the playing surface -- rail nose to rail nose. From the rule book:

(a) The Playing Area The playing area is within the cushion faces and shall measure 11 ft 8½ in x 5 ft 10 in (3569 mm x 1778 mm) with a tolerance on both dimensions of +/- ½ in (13 mm).

mccw147

Do you mean the length of each of the six wooden rail sections shown below?
View attachment 706510
If so, it looks to be very close to the width of the playing surface -- rail nose to rail nose. From the rule book:

(a) The Playing Area The playing area is within the cushion faces and shall measure 11 ft 8½ in x 5 ft 10 in (3569 mm x 1778 mm) with a tolerance on both dimensions of +/- ½ in (13 mm).
Yeah. The length of each of the block to which the rubber is attached. I know it's around 167cm but need some exact measurements.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Is there a reason the length is 1/2" more than twice the width?

pj
chgo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have numerical dimensions? Thanks.
I can get them the next time I'm near a snooker table. Maybe even today.

Why do you need the exact dimensions?

I'm pretty sure they vary by side/end as Pat mentioned. Do you need both lengths? I think they also vary according to the brand of table. Are you interested in a particular brand?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there a reason the length is 1/2" more than twice the width? ...
I suspect that when the dimensions got into the rules they were copied from the table made by one of the dominant manufacturers like the sponsor of the championship at the time.

If you are not going to make nose-to-nose a 2:1 ratio, another reasonable dimension to put in that ratio is rail groove to rail groove. That makes the true playing area a 2:1 ratio. The nose-to-nose length should be twice the width less one ball diameter. The spec seems to go in the other direction.