So ESPN can't find time for pool?

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So ESPN can't find time to show any top notch pool matches? This is the content they do have time for.

American Cornhole League

ESPN THE OCHO
9:00 PMACL Celebrity Throwdown
espn2

ESPN The Ocho

Weightlifting

INTERNATIONAL WEIGHTLIFTING FEDERATION
1:00 PMStrongman: Clash on the Coast Record Breakers

middleofnowhere

Registered
Cornhole is very organized. They seem to know what they are doing, where as American pool is a cluster fu$k. Maybe they should be studied and see what they are doing right, rather then making fun of them. They are getting the last laugh. But of course this subject has been beat to death on here for a few years now.

Last edited:

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah subject has been beaten to death here. People will watch so it will air. I think cornhole has the Ocho factor working which draws viewers. What's funny is seeing a guy's non-throwing hand empty but cradled like he's holding a beer.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I don't think anyone has courted ESPN for air time, but correct me if I'm wrong of course. I also don't know how much recent footage they have in their archive. My understanding is Matchroom's North American strategy is centered around DAZN.

I think we'd have more cause for frustration if ESPN was actively dismissing opportunities to film and broadcast pool tournaments.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
You do realize what The Ocho is, don't you?

This isn't regular programming, its a special thing they do once a year, connecting to ESPN: The Ocho from the movie Dodgeball.

Once again, if you want pool on ESPN, line up sponsors and you can have it on right away. They will sell you the airtime, just like they did the Womens Pro Pool Tour a few years ago. And you can have pool on ESPN. Step right up!

middleofnowhere

Registered
You do realize what The Ocho is, don't you?

This isn't regular programming, its a special thing they do once a year, connecting to ESPN: The Ocho from the movie Dodgeball.

Once again, if you want pool on ESPN, line up sponsors and you can have it on right away. They will sell you the airtime, just like they did the Womens Pro Pool Tour a few years ago. And you can have pool on ESPN. Step right up!
I don't think ESPN is very revelent anymore. There is hundreds of outlets now. Just with YouTube you can overdose on pool if you like to watch.
Be nice if pool could find it's way into the mainstream at least a little. May be time for another Mizerak Miller moment.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why is it so hard to understand, ESPN don't make any money showing anything to do with pool, if someone PAYS them enough, they'll show your dog eating a bowl of dog food, key words there are PAY THEM!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hey, I have an idea, why don't you contact your local PBS affiliates, and see if they'd be willing to show pool matches on their PBS stations, I heard they take donations....do you think anyone who watches pool matches for free would be willing to donate money for a good cause?

My bet is not one shiny penny would get donated from the pool viewing audience!!!!

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
As a pool lover I have to say, all that programming sounds more exciting than watching 9 ball.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There are some pretty good events there!

I think pool fits in with the "Ocho" content perfectly. This is one of the few times I see a thread like this and kind of agree.

Pool should be on the Ocho lineup dammit!

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah subject has been beaten to death here. People will watch so it will air. I think cornhole has the Ocho factor working which draws viewers. What's funny is seeing a guy's non-throwing hand empty but cradled like he's holding a beer.
Sharp and telling observation.

Arnaldo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I was at only one ESPN event and it looked like it was all their production. Can't be too hard to research.
Not hard at all😅🤣😂

Founded in 1979, Bristol is known for being the home of ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports, a leading multimedia sports Entertainment Company with over 50 business entities!

In 2014, ESPN produced more than 47,000 hours of live event, and studio programming. There are approximately 4,000 ESPN employees located in Bristol with about 8,000 worldwide. ESPN business is comprised up of 13 total websites, over 90 broadband networks, 7 radio properties, print, mobile, consumer projects, 32 television networks, and even event management.ESPN is 80 % owned by The Walt Disney company, through ABC. Inc, an indirect subsidiary.

Although tours are not available, take a ride by the World Wide Leader’s impressive satellite field and campus that is nearly 1.2 million square feet in 17 buildings on 123 acres, to admire the scope of technology and media innovation occuring in the heart of our community