Southwest cue with a radial pin???

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
In my experience, I have NEVER seen a SW with any screw other than their standard '11', except perhaps one or two experiments from the very first days. Tonight, however, I was shown a cue that was represented as a SW. A jump break cue no less. It was made within the last 12 years, and had a radial at both joints. It also had a screw-in rubber bumper...


Can anyone confirm or deny this to be a SW? I'm betting pretty tall it isn't one, but ya never know...
 
In my experience, I have NEVER seen a SW with any screw other than their standard '11', except perhaps one or two experiments from the very first days. Tonight, however, I was shown a cue that was represented as a SW. A jump break cue no less. It was made within the last 12 years, and had a radial at both joints. It also had a screw-in rubber bumper...


Can anyone confirm or deny this to be a SW? I'm betting pretty tall it isn't one, but ya never know...

I am pretty sure that this cue will NEVER get a letter of authenticity from Laurie. One thing she is pretty adamant about is staying true to the way Jerry set it up as far as I know.

I say not a SW and someone is delusional.
 
There are some South West jump break cues out there.
Recently I was asked if I was interested in SW J/b, but I never thought to ask about the pin.
 
How much was it and what did it look like?

Another AZ member called to chat about cues, and it came up for trade in the conversation.
I typically don't ask a lot of questions unless I'm serious about making a deal, but the cue does exist, and the owners reputation is impeccable.
 
Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me. I knew it was gonna bug me, so I snapped a pic of it for future reference, then promptly forgot.

I know there are a couple SW J/B's out there, this one just didn't seem right in ANY regard though. Guy wasn't trying to sell it, but he threw 2k out there. My guess is he was just parroting some stuff from his days out in Vegas that he thought made him look cool and didn't think anyone around these parts would know otherwise.

And yep, a SCREW-IN bumper, lol!

Top cue his, bottom cue not his:
photo.jpg
 
SW Jump cue

I currently have a Southwest jump cue. It is all Birdseye if I remember with a linen wrap. Laurie said less than 24 were made. I have the cue in storage and can look at it at the end of the Holidays if there are any questions. Dick Abbott has one on his website that is sold if you want pictures now I believe.

Tim
 
Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me. I knew it was gonna bug me, so I snapped a pic of it for future reference, then promptly forgot.

I know there are a couple SW J/B's out there, this one just didn't seem right in ANY regard though. Guy wasn't trying to sell it, but he threw 2k out there. My guess is he was just parroting some stuff from his days out in Vegas that he thought made him look cool and didn't think anyone around these parts would know otherwise.

And yep, a SCREW-IN bumper, lol!

Top cue his, bottom cue not his:
photo.jpg
If the top cue is the cue in question I had one very similar to it. Mine had radial pins in both sections and it was without a doubt not a SW. When you say it was made in teh last 12 years is that because thats how long the guy has had it or did someone tell him that?
 
Last edited:
"When you say it was made in teh last 12 years is that because thats how long the guy has had it or did someone tell him that?"

He said he had it made about that long ago...
 
Back
Top