Specs on Shane Van Boening's Cues

As of July 2022:

Shane uses Cuetec Cynergy carbon fiber butts and shafts. He has multiple signature lines with various designs that I believe only vary cosmetically. He currently uses the SVB Signature Ghost Edition design.

Since around 2014, Shane has played with a 6-inch, 2oz Cuetec Smart Extension permanently attached to the back of his cue, making it effectively 64 inches long.

I believe Shane uses the 12.5mm Cynergy shaft as opposed to the 11.8 but that could use verification.

In an interview from a few years ago (TAR with Efren) I believe he said his playing cue is 21oz. If that still holds, then the cue would be 23oz total with the extension added. In a different, more recent interview (possibly the one above) I believe he said he uses a 20oz break cue but I don't have a definite source for that.

Shane uses HOW tips as of the 2022 interview linked above. For a long time before 2022, he was using Kamui tips (tan/medium if I remember correctly).

I don't think Shane is committed to any brand of chalk. I have seen videos of him using Master, Kamui and Predator chalks at various tournaments. It's possible that he'll use a certain brand if that brand sponsors the tournament he's playing in. I believe the interview above shows that he carries Master chalk around and is fine with it. After watching hundreds of SvB matches I've seen 0 miscues and 1 or 2 skids so I don't think it's a major concern.

Shane used a Cuetec glove during the 2022 world championships. I think I've seen him use a Molinari glove sometime in the past and I'm not sure if he ever switches it up.

That's all I know but if any fellow SvB fans have additions or corrections I'd love to hear them.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
W
Shane's "stock" Cuetec cue?

I believe that most cue sponsored pros play with "stock" butts. As with Shane's R-360 cue, the butt is stock, but the R-360 shaft is "juiced", (that is re-tapered from stock and possibly a different ferrule and definitely a different tip!).
Where can I see this cue. Can’t find on their site.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As for 2020 and on, seems he uses a HOW TIP (interview from 2022), and possibly the ghost version. All his cues look black/greyish.
Good guy and I like how enthusiastic he was in showing his stuff.

I use to dislike him and thought he was a cheat. Getting coached through his earpiece.

Anyways good video and I’ve got a new found respect for him.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As of July 2022:

Shane uses Cuetec Cynergy carbon fiber butts and shafts. He has multiple signature lines with various designs that I believe only vary cosmetically. He currently uses the SVB Signature Ghost Edition design.

Since around 2014, Shane has played with a 6-inch, 2oz Cuetec Smart Extension permanently attached to the back of his cue, making it effectively 64 inches long.

I believe Shane uses the 12.5mm Cynergy shaft as opposed to the 11.8 but that could use verification.

In an interview from a few years ago (TAR with Efren) I believe he said his playing cue is 21oz. If that still holds, then the cue would be 23oz total with the extension added. In a different, more recent interview (possibly the one above) I believe he said he uses a 20oz break cue but I don't have a definite source for that.

Shane uses HOW tips as of the 2022 interview linked above. For a long time before 2022, he was using Kamui tips (tan/medium if I remember correctly).

I don't think Shane is committed to any brand of chalk. I have seen videos of him using Master, Kamui and Predator chalks at various tournaments. It's possible that he'll use a certain brand if that brand sponsors the tournament he's playing in. I believe the interview above shows that he carries Master chalk around and is fine with it. After watching hundreds of SvB matches I've seen 0 miscues and 1 or 2 skids so I don't think it's a major concern.

Shane used a Cuetec glove during the 2022 world championships. I think I've seen him use a Molinari glove sometime in the past and I'm not sure if he ever switches it up.

That's all I know but if any fellow SvB fans have additions or corrections I'd love to hear them.
I think the extension is 4 ounces- i use the same one and that’s what cuetec advertises as it’s weight

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
they all have their special choices just like all the rest of us. and its all in our heads as all the greats of all time had different cues, with different weights, tips, shafts, tapers etc.
the bottom line is to have a cue you have confidence and understand the cue doesnt make your game better or worse, as long it isnt deficient in some way.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
When I asked him about the tip he's using (several years ago) the reply was "pressed Elk Master". I didn't pay attention to when he made the switch to layered tips (that's a big ask for non-layered pressed tips fan).

And as for chalk, again, I did not watch every single match and/or event he was playing, but I've seen no other than Master chalk in SVB's hands.

baalpeteor

W

Where can I see this cue. Can’t find on their site.
Here's a link to cuetec's ghost edition, which seems to be the one he uses in the youtube video that I posted above (and confirmed by davidbehrens):
At Seyberts, you can get it with HOW tip or whatever other tips, as well as custom-engraved and with a custom wrap. I ordered one today. I went with the Cyborg Quick M as I love the regular Elkmaster, and the Quick M seems a possible upgrade.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a link to cuetec's ghost edition, which seems to be the one he uses in the youtube video that I posted above (and confirmed by davidbehrens):
At Seyberts, you can get it with HOW tip or whatever other tips, as well as custom-engraved and with a custom wrap. I ordered one today. I went with the Cyborg Quick M as I love the regular Elkmaster, and the Quick M seems a possible upgrade.
Thank you

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So Cuetec has turned into high end product?

I was looking for something cheap to play and this is not cheap.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I think Shane said somewhere that his wrap is made of unicorn hair and he uses an environmentally endangered water buffalo tip. Pretty sure it’s a hard tip 👍👍

Nyquil

For what it's worth. I hit a few balls with the SVB series it seems like it's solid cue imho. The CF shaft has a wood"ish" feel to it which was nice.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks blud.

I have lost 3 rigs and lost the drive to play as I will have to start from scratch. After spending $$$$ on cues I am just going with production cues from now on.

Here come's the most important question to me.....Where are Cuetec made?

MajorMiscue

Demoncrat
Gold Member
Thanks blud.

I have lost 3 rigs and lost the drive to play as I will have to start from scratch. After spending $$$$ on cues I am just going with production cues from now on.

Here come's the most important question to me.....Where are Cuetec made?
Wanna guess?

Where are Cuetec cues made?

China
All Cuetec cues and accessories are made in China.

soyale

China
All Cuetec cues and accessories are made in China.

CEEE175A-D8A7-48C2-ADBE-36EA38351CBB.gif

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetec must pay top players alot of money to play with their crap
I'll never forget the unacceptable feeling of the static build-up on the shaft when I tried one yrs. ago. I guess you have to keep grounded to bleed off the static,lol.