Spectacular Szambotis

kamdaswani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi all,

think its been a couple of years since i posted anything new here ... but if you're gonna come back, may as well be with a bang !

barry and i worked on these designs quite a few years ago and i think i had posted some "in progress" shots when i had gone to visit him ( again this was a few years ago ) ... as well as the story of that Brazilian Rosewood piece that was used in the cue...

when they were done, i requested barry to hang on to them .. thinking i'd pick them up myself but unfortunately health issues got in the way and today, Little Kenny brought them to hong kong by hand - can't ever thank him enough for that !! he is truly a one-of-a-kind in the "big heart" department ....

Barry is and always be, one of the finest people i have ever had the pleasure to call a friend - the fact that he is a master at his craft is a bonus :)

thank you barry for the cues and more importantly for letting me be a part of your life ...

enjoy the cues my friends ...
kam

Attachments

• Szamboti 1.jpg
    Szamboti 1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2,291
  • Szamboti 2.jpg
    Szamboti 2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,331
  • Szamboti 5.jpg
    Szamboti 5.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 2,287
  • Szamboti 6.jpg
    Szamboti 6.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 2,358

kamdaswani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
and the pics continue

Attachments

• Szamboti 7.jpg
    Szamboti 7.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 2,347
  • Szamboti 8.jpg
    Szamboti 8.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 2,332
  • Szamboti 9.jpg
    Szamboti 9.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,328
  • Szamboti 10.jpg
    Szamboti 10.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,358
  • Szamboti 11.jpg
    Szamboti 11.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 2,325

kamdaswani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
and here are the final 2 ...

hard to choose a favourite here but am guessing the uniqueness of the ebony on ebony is gonna tug at everyone's hearts ...

Attachments

• Szamboti 12.jpg
    Szamboti 12.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2,813
  • Szamboti 13.jpg
    Szamboti 13.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2,346

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I've had the good fortune of seeing this pair in flesh when I was at Barry's and they are simply spectacular!
The segmented wrap Ebony cue is to me the nicest Szam to date. I never thought these pair would make it to photograph...thanks so much for sharing.

Snookered

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear Kam,

Welcome back!!! Really love the Ebony on Ebony cue! Looking forward to see more spectacular cues from you in the near future.

Snookered <=== happy to see Kam back in the forum

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Welcome back! I was looking at the pictures of your collection the other day over on the other site . You have a wonderful eye for great cues. These are no exception. Congratulations!

kamdaswani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome back! I was looking at the pictures of your collection the other day over on the other site . You have a wonderful eye for great cues. These are no exception. Congratulations!

thanks but i have been selling them steadily - have about 10 more to sell and i think i will only hold on to about 10 that have sentimental value for me ... the szams, the maserati BB and the full ivory hercek - maybe a few others but i'd like the others to be played with and not just kept in a case ...

kamdaswani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear Kam,

Welcome back!!! Really love the Ebony on Ebony cue! Looking forward to see more spectacular cues from you in the near future.

Snookered <=== happy to see Kam back in the forum

come visit soon - it'll be worth the trip !!

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations! Those are truly unique and beyond outstanding. Barry created two more masterpieces. I have seen many of your cues and should let you order for me....you have great taste. Finally, your courier is a fantastic guy...but you know that!

You have "la creme de la creme", please enjoy good health.

All the best,
Phil

yuri_b17

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kam…its always great seeing your posts…and this one's worth the wait…and you're right they're both spectacular…:thumbup:

looking forward to see this 2 beauties…and hope you could hook me up with something like this as we discussed last time...:grin-square:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
The segmented wrap cue is one of the most unique cues I've seen from Barry. A while back he mentioned new looks were in the works and now I know what he meant.. Both very special cues. Congrats Kam and Barry

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
What a pair!!

Both cues are fantastic but with the Ebony one Barry stepped out of the box and hit a home run. Major congrats.

TommyT:thumbup: