Standard Simonis Green Cloth Sample

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've recently had more than one poster tell me that my swatch of standard Simonis Green is too dark. I've had Simonis Green on my table twice in the last dozen years or so and both times it was simply too dark. Thats why I have tried English Green and now Apple Green. Apple Green is perfect as far as I am concerned. I am going to alternate between Apple Green and Powder Blue from now on out.

Having said the above, I was wondering if anyone could post pics of a sample of their Simonis Green. I am not - NOT - talking about pictures of your table with Simonis Green on it but rather a pic of a swatch or a leftover sample. I would like to see how your sample/swatch compares to mine. Here are my samples of various colors that I have posted before. Left to right they are:
Standard Simonis Green
Apple Green
Tournament Blue
Chartreuse
On the table is English Green.

r/DCP

Attachments

• Simonis Apple Green.JPG
    Simonis Apple Green.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 285

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
didnt you make a big hubub over this a few yrs ago, with the shade of green cloth

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody got any samples/swatches of Standard Simonis Green? I would like to see how they compare to mine.

And the two bozos that made their stupid comments - PLEASE STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD! Geez, why do people do stupid stuff like that. JUST DONT RESPOND ANY MORE!!!

R/DCP

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've recently had more than one poster tell me that my swatch of standard Simonis Green is too dark. I've had Simonis Green on my table twice in the last dozen years or so and both times it was simply too dark. Thats why I have tried English Green and now Apple Green. Apple Green is perfect as far as I am concerned. I am going to alternate between Apple Green and Powder Blue from now on out.

r/DCP

Sorry for the off topic question, How often do you change your cloth? If you've had all those colors, and some more than once, in the last twelve years, you must be playing a TON of pool. I average anywhere from 10-20 hours a week, and I am coming up on 4 years since my last recover and still looking good (Tour Championship green)

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Texas Carom Club,

I see you live in Houston. I almost lived east of Houston about an hour, over in Liberty. I almost took at job over at West Hardin High School back in the fall of 1981.

r/DCP

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Standard green - shows the contrast better between cloth and balls.