Statement from The Legends of Pocket Billiards

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I've got calipers like that and I can make it read almost anything I want.
You don't really need the digital display to read the calipers accurately enough for this purpose. For that matter you don't really need calipers for this - just lay a tape measure across the points and the throat. Physical rulers are the only way to be sure of no distortion.

pj
chgo

gerryf

Absolutely not true. The video was NEVER stopped at anytime. Please refer to our official statement that Lou posted up and also on Our Fb page The legends of Pocket Billiards. There will be no replies to anything else for now
I heard that it was the stream that was stopped, not the video. The rumour is that if it looked like there was a record about to be set, the stream would stop so the video could be behind a paywall.

When the stream stopped, Bobby said the video would be posted later that day, then it turned out that no, the video wouldn't be posted after all, as they wanted to set up a pay system for it.

But there wasn't a clear statement of what was going on. More of that transparency.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I studied psychology, I studied lying (in the context of picking up bluffs in poker). This reaction ^^ in combination with the following answer...

makes it very likely you were lying about the table specs the whole time. Studies in psychology show, people hate actually lying so they like to say the truth if this distracts from the honest answer. Like a player sitting on quads in poker will say "I am in the mood for some gamble, I never have full house" (no he doesn't, he has four of a kind, he beats every full house you might have).

Same here. Answering "your tables have 5 1/4'' pockets" with "photo is showing a hair under 5"

If you lied once you probably lied more, naively thinking nobody will find out. So (my impression is now) you (Legends organisators) have no integrity, wanted to spend some money to break the record from John Schmidt and you would have succeeded playing it fair. But you didn't believe you could find someone to break it on a fair equipment, so you cheated with your table to get the record broke. And now Jayson should sue you for the damage to his image, since he would have broken the record on regular 5'' GC but now he is part of your cheating community.

As long as you make an entertaining stream with players you invite from your money, you can make table specifications whatever you like. But if you want a new official world record, you shouldn't be cheating. And having the pockets bigger then 5 1/4'' but repeating in multiple threads over hundreds of posts that this is a 5'' GC goes beyond some small mistake in hiring an unable table mechanic.

As much as I was astonished by the perfomance of the invited players and Jayson in particular, I would strongly advise BCA to not approve this world record because of these mentioned willfull cheating to break the record of John Schmidt.

I’m going to guess you failed the lying and credibility portion of the curriculum, lol.

Lou Figueroa

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I don’t know what’s going on with the video now but if the idea was to shut down any run that looked promising then why have Deon stream from his phone for the remainder of the run?

They did eventually take that video down but it was viewed live by however many and was available for hours afterward. I guess no one thought to download it from FB because it was expected to be released right away without the 626 factor.

And having seen it, I can say that it looks like 14.1 😂. I wanted to see the 626 so bad...mostly because I couldn’t see it. But really if you’ve seen some high runs, just knowing what number he got to is enough to know what happened. It looked just like the 300+ run but without a miss before the next 300+ run.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We can thank Jayson for having the integrity to show us even if no one else did. The horse is now out of the barn and it will be interesting to see how the organizer’s damage control strategy plays out at this point.

I guess we’ll soon find out whether this AZ Billiards forum has any influence at all among the power players in the pool world.

lol.

There is no damage so there is no strategy.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard that it was the stream that was stopped, not the video. The rumour is that if it looked like there was a record about to be set, the stream would stop so the video could be behind a paywall.

When the stream stopped, Bobby said the video would be posted later that day, then it turned out that no, the video wouldn't be posted after all, as they wanted to set up a pay system for it.

But there wasn't a clear statement of what was going on. More of that transparency.

Maybe in the excitement of the moment that was said, I don’t recall that, but OK, maybe.

In any case, I just talked all of this over for quite awhile with Bobby at the DCC and I am comfortable that what we represented is accurate. If I wasn’t, I would walk away from the event.

Lou Figueroa

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Primo Uomo"s expecting perfection in and on a pool table.
Any flunkie pool player can screw up any table in about five or ten minutes.
Just because a digital caliper, verniers, or micrometers displays numbers doesn't say they are accurate. Have any of you had your tools tested to ISO
specs? I'm doubting it!
Have any of you been taught to make correct adjustments or measurements with those devices.? I doubt that, too.
Get over it! Move on!
I don't use digital micrometers to measure the pocket openings, I use a mechanical adjustable, steel protractor to measure the gap from point to point of the opening, then measure that distance between the points of the protractor with a steel machinist ruler. How do YOU measure the pocket opening?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don't need to measure pocket mouths or throats. I just shoot balls straight into the middle of the pockets, all damn day long and most of the nights. Hence the nickname. Radar between the ex'es.
I use to play like that too, so how many do you pocket in a row now, 12?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don't need to measure pocket mouths or throats. I just shoot balls straight into the middle of the pockets, all damn day long and most of the nights. Hence the nickname. Radar between the ex'es.
Usually anyone that don't know the difference in pocket sizes, is because they don't play well enough to know the difference, all they know is if the balls go in the middle or not.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol.

There is no damage so there is no strategy.

Lou Figueroa
Sorry, you guys had your chance - no credibility remaining at this point.

Unless you have any plans to come clean, I suggest you just don’t respond to anything here as opposed as to digging yourself a deeper hole.

As you know, all this controversy could easily be put to rest with a tape measure, a couple of pool balls, and a camera/smartphone. What you can’t prove you have no choice but to run with the deception plan.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, you guys had your chance - no credibility remaining at this point.

Unless you have any plans to come clean, I suggest you just don’t respond to anything here as opposed as to digging yourself a deeper hole.

Chris, with all due respect, I do not need or want your advice on this.

There are a few people here talking out of their asses. I have access here at the DCC to Bobby and Jayson. I doubt many of you moles out the have the same.

Lou Figueroa

soyale

imagine if the way we acted on the internet translated into real life. a bunch of avid pool fans all gathered around the derby to celebrate pool and some of you guys just walked up to some of those guys and started yelling and screaming about the dimensions of their pockets. what a funny world we live in.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I went back to the FB video stream of January 11th, 6:07 pm.
This is the day before Jayson's arrival. Bobby is doing a live interview via chat questions
and just talking into the camera about the event in general.
At about 1:06:40 he looks me in the eye via the camera and says ~

"My stream is free, it will always remain free, so you can watch it all you want, share it all you want."

Bobby kindly replied in post #322 to an earlier post of mine and I thank him for disspelling that rumor from my neighbor.
Now I'm looking forward to sharing Jayson record run but I can't find it.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
imagine if the way we acted on the internet translated into real life. a bunch of avid pool fans all gathered around the derby to celebrate pool and some of you guys just walked up to some of those guys and started yelling and screaming about the dimensions of their pockets. what a funny world we live in.

Some guys might need dental work, lol.

Lou Figueroa

telinoz

Registered
I guess in real life we would walk up to the table and measure it ourselves.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris, with all due respect, I do not need or want your advice on this.

There are a few people here talking out of their asses. I have access here at the DCC to Bobby and Jayson. I doubt many of you moles out the have the same.

Lou Figueroa
Sorry Lou, but you’re not talking to a novice here as far as this topic. I’ve spent the last 25 years in our poolroom researching pocket mouth widths and pocket facing angles, and 25 years witnessing Ernesto Dominguez make adjustments to our pockets to get them exactly as we want them for our current various skill levels of our clientele. Jayson’s photo tells me all I need to know.

We have 10 tables here and 5 various mouth widths and pocket facing angles on them, so we can recommend our various levels of players to the tables that will best suit them. I can tell you by memory the precise mouth measurements and pocket facing angles on all 10 tables. You have one table that the 14.1 world record run was just set on, and you guys can’t provide the pool world with these very crucial specs, for rather obvious reasons.

Isn’t that convenient it’s a private club so no one can check it out. My guess is the table has already been altered to destroy the evidence, so we’ll likely never know.

Last edited: