STEER TOWARD or AWAY FROM AT SBE

The Outback is gone. Lone Star is in it's place. Chili's is across the street.

The best 24 hour place is WAWA behind Chilis. It's a convenience store on steroids.

The local Denny's was open 24 hours but it was without a doubt THE WORST Denny's I have ever been in. How bad do you have to be when you are the ONLY 24 hour restaurant for a 10 mile radius and you fail? Now it's a Hooters.

Wawa is your 24 hour food place. For groceries 24 Hours there is WalMart across from Ruth Chris'.

Also for action Markley's in Norristown used to be good but frankly since Allen put in all the tables to play on at night I think just about where all the action is at the SBE in the area this weekend.

I am not sure but I think that we might have the only 9 foot tables in our booth. We have two.

So if anyone known to us wants to do something on the big track then just ask but the people count will be limited to the players and VERY FEW sweaters just because we don't have the space AND it's in our around our product.
 
cheesesteak recommendation

dellasandros is approx 20 minutes from the expo in north phiily and they are the real philly cheesesteak deal.

just checked into the clarion and am thinking about going to get one.

brian kc
 
Just forget all other suggestions, and go to the Cheesecake Factory EVERY day.
There is no substitute.

edit: OOPS. Left out of convention center, left at the Chilli's intersection (onto 202), and then a left at the far edge of the mall parking lot and it is located in the corner of the mall as you drive down the street.
 
Last edited:
Agreed on Creed!

I'm surprised everyone says Ruth Chris and Mortons. The steakhouse directly across the convention center (I forget the name) has the BEST fillet for the price. Don't forget to get the golf-ball-sized lump crab meat on top!

Spider; you were right.

Went to Creed's Steakhouse tonight and had their filet mignon with brandy peppercorn sauce and a wedge salad and it all was impeccable. The steak was $40, the salad was $10, the dirty-blonde ale was $5 and the portions were very satisfying. The steak came with garlic mashed potatos and green beans.

Like you said, definitely as good as Mortons or Ruths C for about $25 less.

Thanks for the good steer.

KC
P.S. Got to meet fellow azb'ers John Barton and Gian Calise. Real nice guys.
 
Host hotel sportsbar Chumleys isn't bad at all. Pricewise it's comparable to the concession stand.

John Barton, it was a pleasure to meet you yesterday. Thank you for the case, love the retro-look.

Spiderwebcom,

I tried to check out Blue Pacific, but got to KOP mall too late last night.
 
My stop at Creeds close to the SBE was a total waist of money and time, my friend Red and I both ordered ribeyes with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans with water to drink and the bill was $95 and the food sucked. The ribeyes were tough and not cooked right and it will be a cold day in hell before they get another buck from either of us, but the WAWA is the bomb and Chilies and Lone Star were very good.--Leonard
 
I can't believe nobody even mentioned Sullivan's. It's on the same par, taste and quality-wise, as Ruth's Chris and Mortons...a hair less expensive. For excellent seafood, Legal Seafood, in the KOP mall is tough to beat...top shelf, but you pay for it too (I had a swordfish steak that was to die for). I was at Sullivan's Friday night, and Legal Seafood last night. Had to leave early today, and missed all the fun in the pro arena. Oh well...there's always next year. It was great to see a lot of friends, that I only see at the SBE. For the rest of ya...see ya in Vegas in May!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
 
Foxes and Hounds
I would go back again. As much as I like SBE, I prefer playing on 9 foot tables. Won't hurt to bring your own chalk and balls.

I spend most of my time at Fox and Hound after my best friend and I are out of the tournament. We just end up playing sets against each other.

Food is pretty good, the pizza is very good.

Balls are not terrible but I do carry a red circle cue ball with me in case we don't get one...lol.
 
My wife and I ate at ruth's chris and it was perfect as it is every year.
 
Back
Top