Stephen Hendry MBE

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

GIBRALTAR OPEN SNOOKER 2021: STEPHEN HENDRY – I NEED TO IMPROVE TO ACHIEVE CRUCIBLE DREAM​

Stephen Hendry showed glimpses of his enduring class with a 107 break against close friend Matthew Selt after a nine-year absence from the main World Snooker Tour circuit ended in a 4-1 defeat in the Gibraltar Open first round. Despite being happy with aspects of his game in his much-heralded return, the seven-times world champion feels he will have to improve to qualify for the Crucible Theatre. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...achieve-crucible-dream_sto8156935/story.shtml

GIBRALTAR OPEN SNOOKER 2021; EIGHTH WORLD TITLE? 800 CENTURIES? STEPHEN HENDRY ADMITS HE HAS GOALS​

Stephen Hendry spoke after his comeback game and admitted that he has goals but also wants to just enjoy playing. The 2021 Gibraltar Open is live on Eurosport. You can watch every moment on eurosport.co.uk and the Eurosport app. You can download the Eurosport app for iOS and Android now. :

GIBRALTAR OPEN 2021 SNOOKER: 'IT'S AMAZING!' - HENDRY ON THE LONGEVITY OF O'SULLIVAN AND HIGGINS​

Speaking after his comeback game Stephen Hendry spoke highly of the longevity of fellow legends Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Higgins. The 2021 Gibraltar Open is live on Eurosport. You can watch every moment on eurosport.co.uk and the Eurosport app. You can download the Eurosport app for iOS and Android now. :
https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...o-sullivan-and-higgins_vid1441213/video.shtml

GIBRALTAR OPEN 2021 SNOOKER: 'NOT YET' - STEPHEN HENDRY KNOWS HE HAS WORK TO DO BEFORE CRUCIBLE TEST​

Speaking after his comeback match following nine years away from the sport Stephen Hendry admitted he still has work to do to get up to scratch. The 2021 Gibraltar Open is live on Eurosport. You can watch every moment on eurosport.co.uk and the Eurosport app. You can download the Eurosport app for iOS and Android now. :

Snookerbacker Tweets , apologies for Snookerbacker swearies in advance but you just know he had to say something.....

https://twitter.com/snookerbacker/status/1366841891447308294?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3Asnookerbacker%7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.snookerbacker.com%2F

https://twitter.com/snookerbacker/status/1366844748347174926

https://twitter.com/snookerbacker/status/1366850759371993095

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Snooker Loopy

The Trials and Tribulations of the Baize :

https://greenbaize1972.com/

The 1988 British Open

By Elliott West

Introduction

With the anticipation of Stephen Hendry’s return to the main tour after a period of retirement, it seems fitting to write a piece about one of his notorious victories on the day he plays at the Gibraltar Open against Matthew Selt. In 1988, Stephen Hendry was a mere eighteen years of age and was fast becoming a rival to the Steve Davis era. This tournament was memorable for many reasons, one being Steve Davis’s defeat in the first round at the hands of Ray Reardon, suffering a 5-0 drubbing in the last 64.
With Davis out of the equation, the path was clear to get his hands on this title and he faced an in-form Mike Hallett in the final! However this was one of several occasions when Hendry turned on the dynamic tap and outfoxed his opponent. The ‘Golden Bairn’ became Hallett’s bogeyman and on this occasion, was steamrolled into submission with a barrage of breaks that proved just too strong for Mike, losing the match 13-2. A cruel end to someone who had partnered Hendry at the World Doubles Championship the previous December and had already received a 9-0 whitewash by Steve Davis at the Masters in the previous month, January.

The Tournament​

Held at the Assembly Rooms in Derby between 21st February and the 6th March, 1988, the British Open offered an attractive £60,000 for the victor and one where Stephen Hendry seized the high break prize after he made a 118 break, earning him £6,000. This was an event with the usual players of the period but didn’t ignite properly until the quarter- final stage. Ray Reardon who had sensationally knocked out Steve Davis, fell foul in his next match against David Roe, where he lost 2-5 in the last 32 stage. With Reardon out, the veteran cause had to rely on John Spencer and Rex Williams to keep their cause alive and ironically they both drew each other in the last 16. Rex got the better of John in a close encounter, winning 5-4. A winning streak that ended in his encounter with Cliff Thorburn, losing 5-2 in the quarter-finals.

Quarter-Finals (Best of 9 frames)​

Jimmy White v Stephen Hendry 4-5
The quarter-finals produced one of the greatest matches over the short distance format. Stephen Hendry was up against the then holder of the title, Jimmy White. White got off to a flying start, clocking up a 3-0 lead, thanks to breaks of 82, 62 and 64. However this lead was quickly chipped away by his opponent and before White could blink, the Scot had a 4-3 lead, thanks to crucial breaks of 49, 48 and 46.
In a match that was always going to be a thriller, Hendry had victory in his sights in the eighth frame, having a 59-6 lead in the frame but broke down at the crucial point. White responded with a 55 break and forced a deciding frame. Into the decider and Jimmy led the frame 40-21 but missed a crucial black. Stephen, who must have thought he was heading for the exit door, sprung to his feet and held the frame 50-41 and then 53-43.
With just the last four colours remaining, Jimmy potted the brown and blue to go one point ahead but then mistimed a safety shot and allowed Hendry back in, Stephen potted the pink and the black. Raising an arm in the air, the Scot felt elated and felt lucky to be the victor. Commenting later, he remarked:
“To come back from 3-1 down in a major quarter-final and with all the pressure on me ,must rank as the best win of my career”.
Stephen Hendry
In highlights of the other quarter-final matches, Thorburn with breaks of 86, 72 and 69, took Rex Williams out 5-2 and John Parrott defeated Dene O’Kane 5-2. Mike Hallett had a rare battle with Joe O’Boye needing a break of 72 to tie the scores at 3-3 then running away from the Irishman with a 73 and 80 in the last two frames.

Semi-Finals (Best of 17 frames)​

Stephen Hendry v Cliff Thorburn 9-5
This was a revenge match and Hendry was determined to beat the Canadian. A feat that spurred on by the last time they had met in the Fidelity Units Trust International, when Stephen was on the receiving end of a 9-1 thrashing at the same stage of the e contest.
Hendry gave a superb performance , knocking in six breaks of over 50 including a top break of 118. That particular century folding in the frame after Thorburn had fired in a 112 to take the frame from Hendry – for ten minutes anyway – the highest break prize which the Scot had set in an earlier round when he compiled a break of 104. Stephen later said :
“I punished Cliff for just about every mistake he made in the first seven frames, I think that was the best snooker I have ever played”.
Stephen Hendry
Mike Hallett v John Parrott 9-8
Hallett’s semi-final brought him face to face with John Parrott. They met at the same stage of the Benson and Hedges Masters when victory went to Hallett 6-5 in what could only be described as a remarkable last frame.
The 23 year old Parrott didn’t need reminding that he had tossed away his chances of appearing in another final but that’s precisely what he did after winning five frames to lead 8-7.
After Hallett had potted the yellow in the sixteen frame and gone in-off, John was forced with a straight forward clearance to win the match but he missed the pink with the frame score 46-53. He also missed a pink a second time before Hallett before Mike potted it to tie the scores.
The final frame saw Parrott step in with a break of 56 to lead 56-13. It was then Hallett’s turn to clear but when he had made 46, he too missed the pink. So did Parrott, faced with a none too easy shot, he had the misfortune to go in-off and Hallett now had an easy pot to win the match with.

The Final (Best of 25 frames)​

Stephen Hendry v Mike Hallett 13-2
In a final that took just 190 minutes to complete, Hendry won the first session 6-1 and led overnight 12-2. The final session lasted only eleven minutes to complete victory. Hendry’s race to victory produced nine breaks of more than 40 in the final alone and a total of 31 plus 40s in the 58 frames he needed to take him from the last 64 to the winning post. His best runs in the final were a 78, 75, 70 and 67 with Mike knocking in a 30 and 40 in just one frame, in the fourth.

Summary

Stephen Hendry’s victory in the 1988 British Open was part of a long journey of dominance in snooker. A player who dominated the table and often his opponent heading towards the car park. The Hendry era took over from Steve Davis’s time at the top and sent a seismic charge through the sport for many yet. A man who broke the pack at the earliest opportunity, scored heavily and hated extensive safety play. Someone who missed the buzz so much, he has now returned from retirement to give it another shot.
IMG_05411519.jpg
Stephen Hendry raising the British Open trophy in 1988

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

GIBRALTAR OPEN: ‘I WANT TO REACH 800 CENTURIES AND CRUCIBLE’ – REBORN STEPHEN HENDRY SETS TARGET​

A rejuvenated Stephen Hendry sprinkled gold dust on his return to competitive action after a nine-year absence from the main World Snooker Tour circuit despite a 4-1 defeat to Matthew Selt. The seven-times world champion knocked in his 776th career century before revealing his immediate ambitions in a sport he dominated in the 1990s. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...hen-hendry-sets-target_sto8157142/story.shtml

Desmond Kane
BY
DESMOND KANE

PUBLISHED 03/03/2021 AT 10:51
Back in the old routine. Nine years away from the furnace has done nothing to quell Stephen Hendry's inner fire. It clearly continues to burn brightly after an engrossing 4-1 defeat to close friend Matthew Selt at the Gibraltar Open in his second coming provided the evergreen Scotsman with plenty of food for pot.
Almost a decade after disappearing into the vortex, the time travelling seven-times world snooker champion re-emerged from the ether in Milton Keynes looking like he had never been away.

Bingham cruises into second round at Gibraltar Open Bingham cruises into second round at Gibraltar Open
GIBRALTAR OPEN
BINGHAM CRUISES INTO SECOND ROUND AT GIBRALTAR OPEN
3 HOURS AGO

A lovely break of 107 in the second frame was enough to settle his nerves as snooker diehards revelled in the return of a genuine green baize icon who has clearly missed the sensation of competing during time spent working as a TV pundit.
"Getting ready and putting my suit on, I really felt quite nervous which is a good sign because without nerves you can't perform," said Hendry, who was handed a two-year invitational tour wildcard by WST chairman Barry Hearn last September.
BUT IT NEEDS TO BE NERVES OF EXCITEMENT AND EXPECTATION RATHER THAN NERVES OF NOT KNOWING WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN."
His first tentative steps 36 years after his first debut as a professional seemed to excite the great British sporting public as much as Lester Piggott getting back on a horse.
When you are as supremely talented as Hendry, hope springs eternal. At some point between 7pm and 8pm (GMT) on Tuesday night, a day after British springtime had officially sprung up, Hendry was top of the Twitter trends in the UK courtesy of a rousing 776th career century at a sport forced to take shelter in Buckinghamshire due to the pandemic.
'Vintage Hendry!' - Seven-time world champion produces glorious century in comeback match
'Vintage Hendry!' - Seven-time world champion produces glorious century in comeback match

A familiar position for the master of positional play who spent a record eight years as snooker number one between 1990 and 1998 before returning to that elevated position in 2007, two years after his 36th and final ranking title success in Malta.
Top of the pots again for the bloke who made the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield as comfortable as his own living room with delectable world victories in 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996 and 1999.
All that was missing during the days of his life was a decent futon to chill out on between frames such was the Scotsman’s sense of belonging to the fabled Sheffield venue.
“I’ve always tried to keep my expectations down about this comeback,” said Hendry.
IT’S NOT A FULL-TIME COMEBACK, ABOUT COMING BACK TO WIN EIGHT WORLD TITLES OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I’M COMING BACK TO ENJOY THE BUZZ OF PLAYING AGAIN. HOPEFULLY, THERE WILL BE PEOPLE BACK IN THE ARENAS NEXT SEASON.
“And if my game continues to improve, see what happens. That’s all I want.
QUALIFYING FOR THE CRUCIBLE IS THE GOAL AND MAKING 800 CENTURIES IS ANOTHER GOAL, BUT YEAH, JUST TO ENJOY BEING BACK PLAYING REALLY.
Eighth world title? 800 centuries? Stephen Hendry admits he has goals but wants to have fun
Eighth world title? 800 centuries? Stephen Hendry admits he has goals but wants to have fun

Hendry defeated Jimmy ‘Whirlwind’ White in the first of four finals to become the sport’s youngest world champion at the age of 21 in the same year Gazza was becoming a national treasure by bursting into tears at Italia ’90 and singing Fog on the Tyne with Lindisfarne in a shell suit.
The same year witnessed Piggott emerge from five years in retirement to win the Breeders’ Cup at Belmont Park.
Heady days indeed, but there is nothing like a trip down memory lane to stir emotions. Hendry remains a breed apart.

'It's amazing!' - Hendry on the longevity of O'Sullivan and Higgins

When you are as prodigious as he continues to be at potting snooker balls, there will always be room to dream. His first round loss belies the nature of Hendry’s impressive output in his comeback special.
Not only was Hendry better than average, it probably exceeded his own expectations. Selt arguably performed sharper than his world ranking of 25 which hardly left Hendry sporting a hangdog look.
Hendry turned 52 in January. He walked away in 2012, deflated and defeated about the technical condition of his game following a 13-2 flogging by Stephen Maguire in the World Championship quarter-finals.
'Not yet' - Hendry knows he has work to do before Crucible test

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Work undertaken with Stephen Feeney, the celebrated SightRight coach who has helped Mark Williams and Ronnie O’Sullivan claim world titles in the past three years, has left Hendry feeling a whole lot more positive about the consistency of his cue action.
He feels like he is striking the ball with more conviction than nine years ago. It certainly showed in the attack-minded cut-throat environs of the modern match play era which he helped to create back in the day.
"I think there is work to be done. I've got about a month of practice to get it better,” he said. "I played one or two good safety shots, but it wasn't tight enough.
"So if they don't go in and he leaves me in, it could be a different result. Matt's long game was fabulous.
"My safety has to be tighter and my long game has to be better. It's not ready yet to qualify for the Crucible."
A missed brown by Selt in the second frame, one of the rare errors the Romford man produced, saw Hendry pounce with as much desire as in his pomp.

A nonchalant knock of 107 will leave him aware of the possibilities despite him playing down his prospects before the World Championship qualifying begins on April 7 at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield. His old black magic is not a curse.
“I wouldn’t have given him a hope of qualifying for the Crucible coming into this, but he has clearly proved he can get there, for sure,” said Selt.
“He has the one thing that I don’t have and lot of others don’t have – unbelievable amounts of bottle, and he has won everything in the game.
“The scoreline is flattering although I played pretty good. He put me under pressure. Every credit to him.
“I think he can sharpen it up in four or five weeks. He used to practice his long potting an hour a day every day for two weeks. It can be resolved in that time.”
Hendry’s resolve cannot be questioned. That he is back on the starting grid is an achievement in itself, but he sprinkled enough gold dust to suggest his return is far from fool’s gold.
Gibraltar Open LIVE – Bingham through, Thepchaiya, Robertson to follow Gibraltar Open LIVE – Bingham through, Thepchaiya, Robertson to follow

Hendry: I need to improve to achieve Crucible dream Hendry: I need to improve to achieve Crucible dream

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oddschecker : https://www.oddschecker.com/snooker/world-championship/world-championship-2021/winner :

Stephen Hendry

I thought Stephen played alright , he never embarrassed himself and I wonder what the viewing figures were .

The above odds are for Stephen Hendry to win The Worlds 2021 and you know how I like an outrageous bet ?

Well this is a bridge too far , you've seen the movie ?

I don't know who's betting Stephen Hendry to win The Worlds but I can confirm it is not me ! ;) (y)

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SNOOKER 2021 – STEPHEN HENDRY NOT 'SHARP ENOUGH' AS HE PLAYS DOWN CRUCIBLE DREAM​

Stephen Hendry holds the record for most world titles (seven) but admits he is unlikely to add to that haul. The 52-year-old was speaking during the Tour Championship, the final event before World Championship qualifying gets into full swing on April 5. Hendry must come through four matches to qualify for the tournament, which begins LIVE on Eurosport on April 17. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...ys-down-crucible-dream_sto8189743/story.shtml

I'm trying to make comparisons on Stephen's comback to Raymond van Barneveld's Darts comeback .

22/03/2021 08:25

VAN BARNEVELD ON POSSIBLE CAUSE AFTER FALLING UNWELL AT SUPER SERIES: “I HAVE HAD A LOT OF STRESS AT HOME LATELY BECAUSE OF MY FATHER'S HEALTH” :​

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/van-barne...s-at-home-lately-because-of-my-fathers-health

Martin 'Wolfie' Adams :
23/03/2021 14:10

ADAMS REBUFFS POTENTIAL PDC Q-SCHOOL TILT: "I REALLY DON'T THINK THAT THE BODY WOULD ACTUALLY HANDLE IT"​

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/adams-reb...-think-that-the-body-would-actually-handle-it

Excellent video where Martin 'Wolfie' Adams explains the head might want to do it but can the body handle it .

Remember that folks when the lock down restrictions in your area are lifted .

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

HENDRY TO FACE WHITE AT BETFRED WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP :​

https://wst.tv/hendry-to-face-white-at-betfred-world-championship/

World Snooker Championship Qualifying Draw Announced – Hendry Faces White :​

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2021 NEWS: STEPHEN HENDRY TO FACE JIMMY WHITE IN BLOCKBUSTER QUALIFYING DRAW​

The pair met in four World Championship finals, now they will face each other just for the chance to play at the Crucible proper this year. Jimmy White is a six-time runner-up at the World Championship whilst Stephen Hendry has won more world titles (seven) than anyone in the modern era. Elsewhere women's world champion Reanne Evans will face Andy Hicks. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...buster-qualifying-draw_sto8190456/story.shtml

Stephen Hendry to face Jimmy White in first qualifying round of World Championship :​

https://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/old-foes-to-clash-in-sheffield/190347

World Championship: Stephen Hendry to meet Jimmy White in qualifier :​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/56507475

Well well well you never can tell what the cat's bringing in next so lets have a look at Oddschecker :

https://www.oddschecker.com/snooker/world-championship/world-championship-2021/winner :

Da' Bookie has chalked up Stephen's odds to win The Worlds @ 100/1 to 500/1 and Jimmy's odds to win The Worlds @ 100/1 to 3000/1 .

Time for a trip down memory lane when these two were in their pomp.....

Stephen Hendry v Jimmy White Decider World Championship Final 1994 :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

'WE’LL BE TWITCHING ALL OVER THE PLACE' - STEPHEN HENDRY ON JIMMY WHITE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CLASH​

“All the things we have been through in our careers against each other, four world finals, various other finals, now we are at rock bottom, round one of pre-qualifying. You could not make it up.” Stephen Hendry and Jimmy White will meet in the first round of qualifying for the World Championship next month :​

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SNOOKER 2021: ‘THE SAGA CONTINUES’ – REACTION AS STEPHEN HENDRY DRAWS JIMMY WHITE​

Stephen Hendry will face Jimmy White at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield in a first-round qualifying match. The pair have contested four world finals – in 1990, 1992, 1993 and 1994, all won by Hendry – and they will now face each other in the first round of qualifying for the event. Qualifying runs from April 5 to 14. :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SNOOKER 2021 - JIMMY WHITE HAS BEEN 'TAKING APART' STEPHEN HENDRY IN PRACTICE​

“There is going to be more pressure on Jimmy because of that situation. It is going to be a big thing for Jimmy. If i did do it, it would be a bittersweet moment." Should Stephen Hendry beat Jimmy White, it could end his professional career as he is in danger of losing his right to play on the tour next term. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...ndry-apart-in-practice_sto8194334/story.shtml

Stephen HENDRY Reacts To Drawing Jimmy WHITE In Crucible Qualifying​

•Premiered 6 hours ago

2044SHARESAVE

Oddschecker : https://www.oddschecker.com/snooker/world-championship :

19:30Jimmy White
Stephen Hendry
8/116/5All Odds

Are you looking forward to this match ? :cool: ;) :ROFLMAO: (y)

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2021: 'HE'S BEEN TRYING TOO HARD' – STEPHEN HENDRY KEEN TO AVOID JIMMY WHITE WOES​

Stephen Hendry faces Jimmy White for the 60th time in the first round of qualifying for the World Championship on Monday (LIVE on eurosport.co.uk and the Eurosport app at 19:30 BST). The record seven-times winner hopes to succeed where White has failed over the past 15 years by qualifying for the Crucible at the first attempt after a nine-year absence from the sport he dominated in the 1990s. :​

World Championship qualifiers: Stephen Hendry keeping 'expectations down' on return ;​

Last edited:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Return of the King? :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

John Virgo on Stephen Hendry Comeback: ‘It’s a mystery’ : https://snookerhq.com/2021/09/21/jo...nmVq1_WfAWWcMmE5gLMlR6paeF6eHJ2iWXEBPkCfCOjYE :​

The seven-time world champion announced his comeback around twelve months ago.

John Virgo can’t comprehend why Stephen Hendry has opted for a return to professional snooker following nine years of retirement from the game.

The 1979 UK champion has been left confused by the former world number one’s decision, which has seen him win just two matches on the circuit in the last six months.

“I don’t understand it, it’s a mystery to me, I’ve got to be honest with you,” John Virgo told the Talking Snooker Podcast when pressed about Stephen Hendry.

“It’s a mystery, I do not understand why he’d want to come back, and the reason I say that is – not that I’ve spoken to Stephen about it, and he’s a good friend of mine – but he was playing in some of the Seniors events and wasn’t getting results.”

“Why would he think that if he went on the Main Tour he’d start to get results? I didn’t understand it.

“Sometimes I think why is Jimmy playing…but Jimmy says ‘I love playing the game and I want to play’ so there’s no law against that.

“Maybe that’s the same reason for Stephen, I don’t know, but it was a strange decision and I still don’t understand it.

“I’ve not asked him why, because it’s not my business, but he’s not doing it for the money – the only way to get money out of it is to win a few matches, and that ain’t happening.”

Virgo, who also revealed in a wide-ranging discussion about his long career in and around the sport that this season might be his last in the commentary box with the BBC, ranked Ronnie O’Sullivan ahead of Hendry as the greatest player of all time.

“Ronnie is the best player I’ve ever seen (for) what he has produced at the highest level under the highest pressure situations.”

“If he had been a bit more level in his mind he’d have got up to 10 world titles, I’m convinced of that.”

Featured photo credit: WST

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stephen Hendry's comeback plumbs new depths as he's humbled by player 35 years his junior​

Stephen Hendry was beaten 5-2 by 17-year-old Gao Yang in a German Masters qualifier in Cannock as his return to the baize hit a new low :

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

ENGLISH OPEN 2021 - 'CRUCIBLE RETURN IS DREAM' – STEPHEN HENDRY REVEALS HE IS READY TO CONTINUE SNOOKER COMEBACK​

Stephen Hendry admits he is ready to continue his snooker return because he is "enjoying the process" of competing among the elite. Hendry watched Chris Wakelin produce some stunning snooker as he was drubbed 4-0 by the world number 65 in the English Open last 64, but says he takes such performances as a "compliment" on the comeback trail. Stream the English Open live and on demand on discovery+. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...to-continue-snooker-co_sto8612932/story.shtml

Stephen Hendry Thrashed in English Open :​

https://snookerhq.com/2021/11/02/stephen-hendry-thrashed-english-open/

ENGLISH OPEN 2021: 'YOU DREAM OF THAT' – STEPHEN HENDRY STUNNED BY CHRIS WAKELIN SNOOKER MAGIC, JOHN HIGGINS SPARKLES​

World number 65 Chris Wakelin hit two century breaks in only four frames as he whitewashed Stephen Hendry 4-0 in the English Open second round with a glorious performance. Four-times world champion John Higgins also completed a 4-0 victory over Oliver Lines to reach the last 32 earlier on Tuesday evening. :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The Stephen Hendry Comeback – What Was the Point? :​

https://snookerhq.com/2022/03/20/the-stephen-hendry-comeback-what-was-the-point/

Stephen Hendry Doesn’t Enter World Snooker Championship :​

https://snookerhq.com/2022/03/22/stephen-hendry-doesnt-enter-world-snooker-championship/

IS STEPHEN HENDRY SET TO QUIT COMEBACK AFTER OPTING OUT OF 2022 WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP? WILL SCOTSMAN RETIRE AGAIN? :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...championship-will-scot_sto8855945/story.shtml

ROCKET'S 30 YEARS AT CRUCIBLE – RONNIE O'SULLIVAN SET TO PASS ANOTHER STEPHEN HENDRY RECORD AT 46TH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...ndry-record-at-46th-wo_sto8849291/story.shtml

Stephen Hendry's snooker comeback 'hasn't worked out how he anticipated,' reckons Joe Perry :​

What was the point of the Stephen Hendry comeback ?

Answers on a postcard please to .

church66 .

C/O . AzBilliards.com

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

'STILL FIRE IN THE BELLY' – STEPHEN HENDRY VOWS TO CONTINUE DESPITE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SNOOKER ABSENCE​

Stephen Hendry opted against playing in the looming World Championship qualifiers in Sheffield next week because he "hadn’t been practising enough". The seven-time Crucible winner will return to the sport's most famous venue as a pundit next month, but has revealed he hopes to again pick up his cue if his playing privileges are extended on the professional circuit for the 2022/23 season. :​