Stiffed on a Bet? Or not?

In a buyout what happens to side action?

  • NO BET

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Ahead player Wins

    Votes: 6 75.0%

  • Total voters
    8

jcrack_corn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel like I was stiffed on a wager, but whatever, not going to cry about it. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me....anyway, what do you guys think?

DCC action match on TAR, Player A is spotting player B last 5 and the breaks.

1st set Player A wins 9-8.....me and the bettor were watching set 1, he asked if he could take player A for second set to win his money back (I had won a wager previously). I agreed of course and the set began.

2nd set Player A dominates and has player B 8-3 (or 8-4), and it is clear Player B has no chance to win the set, so he offers B a buyout which player B accepts.

Now this person I made a bet with I only verified they were on AZB and confirmed bets through AZB for *some* reliability, realizing I was taking my chances....I immediately told him on the ustream PM that there was a buyout so "no bet." and he said no, the other guy *wouldnt* have won so I win.....at that point he completely quit replying to me and logged off never to be seen again.

So in a buyout, what happens to side action.....is it "no bet" as I thought, is it the person ahead at time of buyout wins, or is it determined before the set (which I will do in the future, buyout = no bet).

Thanks!
 
The person who bought out lost

jcrack_corn said:
I feel like I was stiffed on a wager, but whatever, not going to cry about it. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me....anyway, what do you guys think?

DCC action match on TAR, Player A is spotting player B last 5 and the breaks.

1st set Player A wins 9-8.....me and the bettor were watching set 1, he asked if he could take player A for second set to win his money back (I had won a wager previously). I agreed of course and the set began.

2nd set Player A dominates and has player B 8-3 (or 8-4), and it is clear Player B has no chance to win the set, so he offers B a buyout which player B accepts.

Now this person I made a bet with I only verified they were on AZB and confirmed bets through AZB for *some* reliability, realizing I was taking my chances....I immediately told him on the ustream PM that there was a buyout so "no bet." and he said no, the other guy *wouldnt* have won so I win.....at that point he completely quit replying to me and logged off never to be seen again.

So in a buyout, what happens to side action.....is it "no bet" as I thought, is it the person ahead at time of buyout wins, or is it determined before the set (which I will do in the future, buyout = no bet).

Thanks!


The person who bought out lost and if you have that player you lose. It doesn't matter how the guy you bet on lost the fact is he lost and all the side action must pay off.

If it was a set try and find out what percentage the guy bought out for and see if you can pay off at the same rate. If you cant get conformation because you are betting online than the whole bet must get paid off

If it is an ahead set I would prorate the games and get paid off that way.
So if they are playing ten ahead for 1k and the guy buys out at the 7 down. You should collect or pay 700. IMO

A good idea is stipulate if there is a buyout, especially if it is an ahead set, the person who bought out lost and the action is still good.
 
Your horse lost his money on his buyout and you lost yours.

Do you have any idea how many screwjobs could be played on the rail if it were to happen the way you expected it to go? You most definately lose that bet.
 
whoa, hold on guys, I have no problem pro-rating, and have done that before...no one has ever had an issue with that (especially with an ahead set).

I agree 100 percent on paying the percentage of the buyout.

Overall I guess I was wrong, glad I was winner and letting the guy try to win his money back...no harm, no foul. Next time I will make sure to stipulate...always learning something.
 
Back
Top