Still feel like a newbie after 30 years

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
One of my best friends in high school was Laotian, Sakhone. We partied really hard when his dad wasn't home; he worked 3rd shift at a machine shop.

Such a cool guy on Sunday afternoon, but God forbid you woke that man up during the week. “Saaa-Cone you in big trouble. Your friends go home now! You want me go get shotgun, I go get shotgun. I kill once, I KILL AGAIN!”

I guess he was a refugee, but a refugee has an intent to return to their country of origin. He never intended to go back to Vietnam. I guess that would make him an evacuee? He was just a hard working dude who tried to instill an industrious and independent spirit in his children.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My dad had all the “normal” WW2 tattoos on his arms. I wish I had pics. One was big letters “Formosa”. He never talked much about the war, clearly something bothered him. I didn’t ask. Rip dad🙏🏼❤️

Fatboy🥲

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My dad had all the “normal” WW2 tattoos on his arms. I wish I had pics. One was big letters “Formosa”. He never talked much about the war, clearly something bothered him. I didn’t ask. Rip dad🙏🏼❤️

Fatboy🥲
My dad was Navy, WWII, as well.

He traveled the Pacific islands, too.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My dad was Navy, WWII, as well.

He traveled the Pacific islands, too.
My grandfathers were Navy in WWII. One was a SEABEE the other was in a sub. The sub got hit and when they surfaced, they became POW’s. Per my dad, March of 43 till the war ended.
I never met them.
My dad was in the Navy during Vietnam, 67-69. He has his sailor tattoos. My favorite is a whore’s name tattooed in Chinese on his forearm.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My grandfathers were Navy in WWII. One was a SEABEE the other was in a sub. The sub got hit and when they surfaced, they became POW’s. Per my dad, March of 43 till the war ended.
I never met them.
My dad was in the Navy during Vietnam, 67-69. He has his sailor tattoos. My favorite is a whore’s name tattooed in Chinese on his forearm.

Was her name Suk Won Qoc?

dquarasr

Registered
Showing my age …. Anyone remember the movie “The Groove Tube” and the news report about the activity at “Suc Muc Dik” in the Vietnam War?