Story on It's George Cases?

dlarrick99

Dead broke stroke
Silver Member
What is the story on It's George cases? Have they started manufacturing them again? in the US?
I'm getting flack from 1 member about my prices in the For Sale section who states they you can buy a brand new one on eBay and if you go look, they say they have more than 10 available. I'm guessing they had them stockpiled somewhere maybe.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
What is the story on It's George cases? Have they started manufacturing them again? in the US?
I'm getting flack from 1 member about my prices in the For Sale section who states they you can buy a brand new one on eBay and if you go look, they say they have more than 10 available. I'm guessing they had them stockpiled somewhere maybe.

They did start making some a few years ago. I don't think that they are still making them and if so then in very limited batches.

Omega Billiards was the principle buyer as far as I know. And Mike Gulyassy was also involved on some level.

I think that the general consensus is that the older ones are better than the new ones. The It's George by Brunswick cases are not as desirable as the pure It's George only cases.

PolarBear

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell him if he doesn't like your prices then buy from Ebay. This person will probably end up being more trouble than its worth...

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
A few years back I sold a boat and later a motorcycle. it was amazing at the people that would tell me that they could buy a new one cheaper through a employee discount. I asked them why were they wasting their time and mine, just buy it new and they would still argue with me about wanting me to reduce my price to the amount that they claimed they could buy a new one for. One got mad, claimed to have the cash and that I didn't understand as I was asking too much and he was going to report me and have me arrested??? Another said he would make sure that I would never be able to buy a motorcycle from that manufacturer again because I wasn't dealing according to the rules???

There was a old comedy routine about a vendor selling apples for a dime. A customer said that a competitor was selling them for a nickel. The vendor said then buy from him. The customer said he would but there aren't any left. The vendor said that he would sell his apples for 2 cents if he didn't have any.

dlarrick99

Dead broke stroke
Silver Member
Thanks

Thanks for your great stories, I felt exactly the same way. I gracefully declined $200 for a case that you can't find anymore and I believe to be worth at least $300 even though I really wanted to tell him different. He still keeps commenting.

dlarrick99

Dead broke stroke
Silver Member
They did start making some a few years ago. I don't think that they are still making them and if so then in very limited batches.

Omega Billiards was the principle buyer as far as I know. And Mike Gulyassy was also involved on some level.

I think that the general consensus is that the older ones are better than the new ones. The It's George by Brunswick cases are not as desirable as the pure It's George only cases.

Thank you for the information. D

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
New George cases

I think JB is correct about their being new George's. Omega had them at their booth and said they were being made for them. Some of the new ones had the "It's George" logo on the top lid so they wouldn't be confused with the cases from before. I don't know if they are still putting the name on the lid, but I have seen "new" It's George cases for sale at the EXPO. Good Luck