Stranded in Dallas, TX. Any help from AZ community?

Here now

I'm at the billiard den now. There's not much for action at the momet so anyone around that wants to play a little please shoot me a call or swing by. They're open until 2 so if we started by 9 we'd have time for a little session.

Other than that I must say this is a nice poolroom! Nice tables. Good food, the Philly is delicious. I got to practice with the manager Kiki and he's a great guy. Ben put a tip on my cue, he's the guy that played Earl round 1 of the tourney that Earl won the million. I saw the guy who owns the cue that was the 'Balabushka' in the Color of Money. And I met the guy that started OB cues. So a lot of history in this room.

I'm staying here until close. Maybe someone will turn up. Can't really complain, in all reality the odds of getting a game without notice in any poolroom are pretty low. I'm sure if I had a few days if get played and tortured so I may be getting off easy.

But if I'm ever down this way again ill he back. Nice joint!
 
Kiki is cool, Ben is awesome!, Balabushka is ok, and don't know if you're talking about the O or B in OB but one of em ain't worth a damn. Hope you have/had a great time!
 
Recap

Well, I didn't get a game, but no big deal. I was told to talk to Doc who runs some of the leagues up here because if anyone would play he'd be the guy who would be able to line it up. Nothing went down but I got to talking with Doc and I am lucky to have made his acquaintance. He is top shelf and I really enjoyed getting to know him.

We shot a few racks for fun, then played scotch doubles bank pool with a few of his buddies. Just sharking each other, joking around, and hitting a few good banks now and then.

Pool. What a great game where I can walk in to a room full of strangers and walk out with new friends. Thank you Billiard Den.

But don't worry. Next time I'm coming for the cheddar ;)
 
Well, I didn't get a game, but no big deal. I was told to talk to Doc who runs some of the leagues up here because if anyone would play he'd be the guy who would be able to line it up. Nothing went down but I got to talking with Doc and I am lucky to have made his acquaintance. He is top shelf and I really enjoyed getting to know him.

We shot a few racks for fun, then played scotch doubles bank pool with a few of his buddies. Just sharking each other, joking around, and hitting a few good banks now and then.

Pool. What a great game where I can walk in to a room full of strangers and walk out with new friends. Thank you Billiard Den.

But don't worry. Next time I'm coming for the cheddar ;)

This post alone will give you a good idea of the kind of person Demetrius is. I wish I could have been there for the Bank pool game. We could have torn 'em up D Man! :thumbup:
 
Back
Top