Stranded in Dallas, TX. Any help from AZ community?

Tin Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Long shot but have to ask. I am in Dallas, TX for business. I am done Friday at noon, but my flight isn't until 6pm Saturday. Why? Because I had plans with a friend I have down here that was supposed to meet me Friday and show me the town, put me up, etc. He just cancelled on me, apparently he will be out of town for Thanksgiving. So now I'm facing a pickle. No car, hotel on Friday, etc.

Thought I'd reach out to see if anyone lives near Dallas that wanted to help out. If you wanted to put me up and play some pool we could do that. Whether you got me into a money game or we just had some fun. My name is Demetrius Jelatis, from MN, so I'm not a complete unknown. If you have questions my cell is 612-747-9210.

Anyone want to help turn this snafu into a fun adventure?
 
Big D

I know Deanoc is up there and he seems like a good guy. If you guys work something out take lots of photos of all of the things that we never get to see to show us what we are missing. :D
 
Anyone that may be wondering...

Demetrius is good people and fun to play pool with....

Hopefully I'm up twin cities way again and we can match up some more sooner rather than later...

Jaden
 
I know quite a few people in Dallas. Let me make calls and see if I can get you a place to crash.
 
Really? What a dumb thing to post.

Specially when several members have vouched for his reputation. The guy finds himself in an unexpected bad situation and needs a hand.
This again shows what the AZ Membership is like when a person is genuinely is in trouble. I am sure that someone will come thru.

Up the Post Count, I guess eh Bruce.
 
Last edited:
Really? What a dumb thing to post.

Specially when several members have vouched for his reputation. The guy finds himself in an unexpected bad situation and needs a hand.
This again shows what the AZ Membership is like when a person is genuinely is in trouble. I am sure that someone will come thru.

Up the Post Count, I guess eh Bruce.

I think that was CocoLoco's poor attempt at humor. I'm sure the fact that he simply doesn't get it comes as no surprise to anyone.
 
Thanks all

Thanks for checking in to this for me.

Sorry if it was a poor title. I'm not in a life or death spot. But cab fair/hotel could easily cost me a lot of money so I could just kill 24 hours. I was trying to turn lemons into lemonade and it dawned on me that there was probably some pool players in Dallas! I brought my cue stick just in case, and now I'm glad I did.

Thanks for the good words Jay! Jaden, glad you're still around and I'm sure we'll cross paths again. Can't wait, pool friends are forever.
 
Pool room

I think I have my back up plan. If nothin lines up I think I'll just get a can to a pool room, play until close, then can to the airport and hang there for 16 hours like Tom Hanks in terminal. Maybe I'll meet someone at the poolroom that will give me a ride, and I'm still all ears if someone wants to reach out to me.

Any pool halls that are open late that aren't too far the wrong direction? I'm in Addison right now.
 
I think I have my back up plan. If nothin lines up I think I'll just get a can to a pool room, play until close, then can to the airport and hang there for 16 hours like Tom Hanks in terminal. Maybe I'll meet someone at the poolroom that will give me a ride, and I'm still all ears if someone wants to reach out to me.

Any pool halls that are open late that aren't too far the wrong direction? I'm in Addison right now.

D Man, if you were in L.A. you would be at my house by now (yesterday!) and we would be hitting balls! :thumbup:
 
I think I have my back up plan. If nothin lines up I think I'll just get a can to a pool room, play until close, then can to the airport and hang there for 16 hours like Tom Hanks in terminal. Maybe I'll meet someone at the poolroom that will give me a ride, and I'm still all ears if someone wants to reach out to me.

Any pool halls that are open late that aren't too far the wrong direction? I'm in Addison right now.

From what I remember, Billiard Den might be your best bet. Then Clicks on Marsh.

For the rest of you Texans. Demi is a super nice guy with a unique and thoughtful perspective on a lot of things pool related..... He's a lot of fun to be around. And he's a sporty player too.
 
From what I remember, Billiard Den might be your best bet. Then Clicks on Marsh.

For the rest of you Texans. Demi is a super nice guy with a unique and thoughtful perspective on a lot of things pool related..... He's a lot of fun to be around. And he's a sporty player too.

Yet another well respected member of the pool community speaks up for Demetrius.

To the top.

JoeyA
 
Billiards den

Ok, I bit the bullet and guess ill have to blast off a few hundred for cab care and hotel. It is what it is. I may never be back to Dallas again so I might as well do it right.

Ill be at be Billiard Den tomorrow. I'm getting a new tip put on around 6pm, after that I might be up for a game (I can't even stop the rock without miscuing now). If anyone wants to play cheap I might try some if the have a decent house cue, otherwise I might be willing to spar a bit in the evening. My phone number is in this thread or you can tap me on the shoulder. Ill be the short Greek guy with the northern accent ;)
 
Tin Man is good people, and definitely can hold his own on the table! DJ...Hope you get to play some. If you hit up Fox & Hound on Midway around noon, you can run into Randyg. He'd be good to play some with, and get a few pointers at the same time! Been known to post up a little too! LOL :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
 
Back
Top