SVB to Kick Off High Run Attempts

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what other players are scheduled?

SVB committed to a week of attempts beginning Nov 2.

Ruslan "The Siberian Express" Chinakhov is signed up to begin Nov 8.

Beyond that we have a number of players that have expressed an interest in going. However, we're holding off scheduling because RC has said he may want to go longer than a week.

Lou Figueroa

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so to clear things up for me since i dont do facebook. is each players total tries from start to finish streamed in real time live.

that would give credibility unlike that last one which was recorded and not shown publicly for a time.
John streamed his attempts live on Facebook (I watched time to time) but you wouldn't know that being as you "don't do Facebook".

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
babe ruths record was broken although not under the same conditions and equipment. thats progress we have to accept.

but it was broken in sanctioned games.

how about someone breaks it in some kind of home run derby.

another way to look at it would babe ruth if here now make a better record or would he be eclipsed by the new breed of players. i think he would.

would moscoini if here compete well with all the new players, i dont know but i would think it would be close.
You are speaking of American records, NOT world records. Sadahura Oh still has the world record at 868 homeruns. Japanese ball payer and still the true Godzilla of the homerun ;) He led the league in HR's for 15 consecutive years. That's tough to do, I don't care where you play.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
SVB committed to a week of attempts beginning Nov 2.

Ruslan "The Siberian Express" Chinakhov is signed up to begin Nov 8.

Beyond that we have a number of players that have expressed an interest in going. However, we're holding off scheduling because RC has said he may want to go longer than a week.

Lou Figueroa
Also to note Shane may go longer now also after I talked to him. Ruslan was present last night when SVB ran a 241 with someone else cue and so was Nick Varner and they both were excited to see the start of the event and have said they thought it was great for the sport and can help a lot.. When SVB decides to complete his session he might go home for a short time and come right back again so I have made a few of the other World Champions that are ready to be scheduled know this.
Its hard to speculate but SVB high run is 304 and Im looking forward to him besting his personal record. He told me he has ran 200 many times and stopped without missing and 100 and stopped countless times so he nor any other World Champion that is playing in the event will stop so I think we will see some great pool being played.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also to note Shane may go longer now also after I talked to him. Ruslan was present last night when SVB ran a 241 with someone else cue and so was Nick Varner and they both were excited to see the start of the event and have said they thought it was great for the sport and can help a lot.. When SVB decides to complete his session he might go home for a short time and come right back again so I have made a few of the other World Champions that are ready to be scheduled know this.
Its hard to speculate but SVB high run is 304 and Im looking forward to him besting his personal record. He told me he has ran 200 many times and stopped without missing and 100 and stopped countless times so he nor any other World Champion that is playing in the event will stop so I think we will see some great pool being played.
Very cool. Why was he using a borrowed cue?

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very cool. Why was he using a borrowed cue?
When I picked him up we were just going to dinner then to the Billiard Academy and he left his cue behind because he had just drove from Norfolk and was tired and it was gonna be so late. Really good performance considering the variables and he has never hit a ball on the table he played on last night.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I picked him up we were just going to dinner then to the Billiard Academy and he left his cue behind because he had just drove from Norfolk and was tired and it was gonna be so late. Really good performance considering the variables and he has never hit a ball on the table he played on last night.
He's good like that. I had him over my house before a league event and he ran a 5 pack in 10B on my tough 4" pocket table.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ruslan was present last night when SVB ran a 241 with someone else cue and so was Nick Varner and they both were excited to see the start of the event and have said they thought it was great for the sport and can help a lot..
Don't want to sound like a debby downer, but how is this 14.1 challenge supposed to help the sport? I love 14.1 and will try to tune in as much as possible but I do not understand how this will attract people who would not pro pool if it was in their backyard. Unless they mean there will be other big events along side this aswell?

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't want to sound like a debby downer, but how is this 14.1 challenge supposed to help the sport? I love 14.1 and will try to tune in as much as possible but I do not understand how this will attract people who would not pro pool if it was in their backyard. Unless they mean there will be other big events along side this aswell?
How can it possibly do anything other than help? Some of the best players on the planet trying their hardest under ideal conditions to run as many balls as they possibly can. Football and the world series were on last night yet I was watching Shane run balls on my iPad. To save pool we need to first get the base back playing and pulling people in again, and if watching this doesn’t get you reinvigorated I don’t know what will.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so to clear things up for me since i dont do facebook. is each players total tries from start to finish streamed in real time live.

that would give credibility unlike that last one which was recorded and not shown publicly for a time.
I’ve never been on FB once. And that will never change. I’m sure I’ve missed some cool things, but avoiding cancer has it price, which I’ll happily pay.

Facebook free,
Fatboy😀

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member

I don't know if it will "help the sport" or attract anyone to pro pool, but it will be nice to have some top pros give it a go and see what kind of numbers they put up.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if it will "help the sport" or attract anyone to pro pool, but it will be nice to have some top pros give it a go and see what kind of numbers they put up.
There’s no silver bullet but good is good. And this is good for pool.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can it possibly do anything other than help? Some of the best players on the planet trying their hardest under ideal conditions to run as many balls as they possibly can. Football and the world series were on last night yet I was watching Shane run balls on my iPad. To save pool we need to first get the base back playing and pulling people in again, and if watching this doesn’t get you reinvigorated I don’t know what will.

Except you left out the part that you are already a pool fan. How is a 14.1 high run challenge going to help bring in the non pool fan? How is this being marketed to the non pool watchers? Hell, how is this going to help convert a lot of league players who seem to not even know about the pro side of the game?

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I don’t think it helps pool attract a broader audience, but it might generate more interest in 14.1 amongst existing players. It could entice more amateurs to try to get their own high runs. And thus, that increased interest could result in more views for 14.1 tournaments and potentially even justify creating more events.

Last edited:

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think it helps pool attract a broader audience, but it might generate more interest in 14.1 amongst existing players. It could entice more amateurs to try to get their own high runs. And thus, that increased interest could result in more views for 14.1 tournaments and potentially even justify creating more events.
Agreed. This is really only going to help ignite 14.1 in the pool community.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John streamed his attempts live on Facebook (I watched time to time) but you wouldn't know that being as you "don't do Facebook".

My memory is a bit fuzzy on this one -- didn't he turn off the stream for his later attempts?

Lou Figueroa