SVB to Kick Off High Run Attempts

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You and Bobby Chamberlain and anybody else could have gone and inspected and measured John's table or had someone local do it. If you didn't, that's on you, but John opened his table and his attempts to the public. You even could have asked him for the pocket dimension specs and proof by picture or on video while he was in the process of attempting to break the record as the public has asked of you, but it really wasn't necessary since anybody could have just stopped by and checked in person to their hearts content.

Here is the way I think most people see things. You only hide things when you have something to hide. John's table as well as his attempts were completely open to anyone from the public, so all appearances are that he clearly wasn't trying to hide anything and had nothing to hide. You guys on the other hand are hiding things left and right (pocket specs, prize funds, table mechanic, the "committee members", and on and on and on--there isn't much that isn't being hidden), and as the saying goes, you only hide things when you have something to hide.

You don't know how "most" people view anything but thank you for your opinion.

Lou Figueroa

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My previous table had gutters for pockets. Yeah, it was nice for pumping up my shot making confidence, but on the other hand, I also scratched ridiculously frequently. These top pros pocket balls so well (especially the typical straight pool shot), I'm not sure loose pockets would help them with high runs or not. How many of Shane's runs ended in a scratch? Anyway, just a thought.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dunno about you guys, but, the fact that this thread is still going this heavy, says something... no idea what, but, something.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::p;)

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Here is the way I think most people see things. You only hide things when you have something to hide. John's table as well as his attempts were completely open to anyone from the public, so all appearances are that he clearly wasn't trying to hide anything and had nothing to hide. You guys on the other hand are hiding things left and right (pocket specs, prize funds, table mechanic, the "committee members", and on and on and on--there isn't much that isn't being hidden), and as the saying goes, you only hide things when you have something to hide.
As the current saying goes... That's sounds good on the surface.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been super busy lately and out of the loop regarding this topic and challenge at hand. It is about to be the first of december, has there been any word of other players attempting this or is it too close to the end of the year for anyone to commit?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been super busy lately and out of the loop regarding this topic and challenge at hand. It is about to be the first of december, has there been any word of other players attempting this or is it too close to the end of the year for anyone to commit?

We have three players that may go starting around the middle of December.

One, I think will happen on the 28th. The second, well, there are scheduling complications, so I dan't know. The third may fill in for the second guy if needed. We are close to announcing but would like a little more clarity on the player's schedules. Please bear with us.

Lou Figueroa

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My previous table had gutters for pockets. Yeah, it was nice for pumping up my shot making confidence, but on the other hand, I also scratched ridiculously frequently. These top pros pocket balls so well (especially the typical straight pool shot), I'm not sure loose pockets would help them with high runs or not. How many of Shane's runs ended in a scratch? Anyway, just a thought.
Need a mathmetician on this. The big pockets allow some order of "looser" play. Not just the eventual miss but probably more important, the likelihood of doable situations.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I would not be surprised by that at all. He is freaking amazing when he gets going good! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Jason's only flaw in his game is when he starts to speed up his pace, pocketing balls as if to say, "take that" and "that's how you fire a ball in" kind of as a way of trying to intimidate his opponent, but that increased speed of play is also his Achilles heel, and I've seen him lose especially to SVB because of it. But in this kind of event, there's really no pressure on Jason, so there's no telling what he can produce😅