SVB v Chinahov. 10 ball to 30 break outside the box.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Too bad it doesn't count because the winner will still be missing 70 games.

;)

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Links are on that page for the stream, looks like it'll be 11am CST tomorrow I think. I'll be able to catch a little of it I think, looking forward to it.

Shane's reaction to the breaking rules was funny...definitely looked like a surprise to him.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chinakhov is a terrific player. After watching him play several matches at the WPA
World 9-Ball Championship, I thought he might be a good long-shot pick to win the US Open. He finished 7th/8th there after losing to Cheng on the winners' side and Souquet on the losers' side.

Could be a good match with SVB.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone list some of Chinahov's tournament finishes or players he has beat? I've seen him go fairly deep into a few recent tournaments.

vacation

Living Good.
Silver Member
What does break outside the box mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as the following post described, its behind the head string, *outside* the two diamonds. I too had to look this up, as I had never heard of it before. Wikipedia has this image to demonstrate.

800px-Nine-ball_break_box_diagram.png

Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just as the following post described, its behind the head string, within the two diamonds. I too had to look this up, as I had never heard of it before. Wikipedia has this image to demonstrate.

In this case it's outside the box, which is unusual. Unless someone misspoke or I'm misunderstanding, but that is what was said.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if Chinahov was as surprised to learn it was break outside the box, or did he actually have time to prepare?

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great idea for exposure

If Shane was to meet Putin that would surely make it to our national news stations.. lol

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kitchen

Just as the following post described, its behind the head string, *outside* the two diamonds. I too had to look this up, as I had never heard of it before. Wikipedia has this image to demonstrate.

800px-Nine-ball_break_box_diagram.png

I've never heard the "kitchen" being there. Interesting.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB v Chinahov. 10 ball to 30 break outside the box.

This match is Nov 6th 8pm in Moscow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuRZpxPi7UU

Check out shanes reaction when hears that it is break outside the box. He about pees himself.

Should be a good match. English and Russian commentary.

SVB breaks best from the box.
If I were Chinahov, I would force SVB away from that position too.

We have a great role model in SVB. He gets up and competes, even
if the rules take away one of his strengths.
You all should realize how much of a class act SVB is.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for svb.

See the world, come back with mre money than ya left with.

That said, i think ruslan may ths one.

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Outside? That's wild!!

they must break from the sides, outside the diamonds.

most 10 ball breaks break from off center to make 2nd row balls. breaking from side little less conventional

Not sure why anyone would break from outside the box. I assume they are still planning on legal hit on the 1-ball for the break. If I were Shane, I would start asking very specific questions about the rules. Questions that are simple and direct to ensure there is no chance of translation errors. My wife's language is Bulgarian (similar to Russian) and I can tell you that you can't take anything for granted.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can someone list some of Chinahov's tournament finishes or players he has beat? I've seen him go fairly deep into a few recent tournaments.

You can find many of his in-the-money finishes here: http://www.azbilliards.com/people/5916-ruslan-chinahov/

I watched him play 4 matches at the WPA World 9-Ball Championship in September -- beating Vann Corteza 9-6, Van den Berg 9-4, Gabica 11-5, and then losing to Wang Can 7-11.

At the just-completed US Open 9-Ball Championship, he beat Gallego 11-4, beat Uchigaki 11-7, beat Appleton 11-8, beat Morris 11-5, lost to Cheng 6-11, beat Mazon 11-5, and lost to Souquet 10-11.

The guy can play.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The break...

I'm sure Shane hit the practice table to figure out this break.

Like everything else in a money match, it's negotiable.

So. this guy thinks he can outbreak Shane from outside the box, maybe?

He still has to find a way to win 30 games before Shane.

How many people are betting against Shane?

Remember Donnie Mills playing Shane? Donnie had way better break stats and still lost. I see history repeating itself. Just sayin.....