SVB versus Shaw score updates...Anybody?

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I don't get it...

No one says, hey, this guy strokes too straight, let's make everyone play with crooked cues.

If Shane dominates because of his break, then guess what, all the other top players should be working on their break,.

Jaden <----Have no problem with my break.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which happens to make him European... So if he played on the mosconi cup, it would be for Europe.

Right, even Iceland is considered part of Europe. What are they gonna do, skip over the British Isles and include Iceland?

Most Brits I know don't call themselves Europeans, though. To them, Europe is the mainland part that connects to Asia.

Unless, of course, they're chosen to play on the Cup. Lol

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Have you ever seen me break?>??

Everyone who doesn't have Shane's break has a problem with their break.;)

Every where I've traveled and played the most often comment I hear is...If I had your break, I'd be a world beater...

The funny thing is that when I put Geronimo on the loser's side Saturday, the table we were on was horrible(for balls on the break, the table itself actually played pretty good) and neither of us was making anything on the break...

When I played Ramon Mistica yesterday, it was the opposite, I was making two or three balls and squatting the cue almost every break.

Jaden

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
No one says, hey, this guy strokes too straight, let's make everyone play with crooked cues.

If Shane dominates because of his break, then guess what, all the other top players should be working on their break,.

Jaden <----Have no problem with my break.

I think that's how it should be. I also believe there's room for both winner and alternating break formats especially when we rarely see a 5 or 6 pack even in the best conditions in any type of rotation game. I've ran a few 5s on the BB but it's rare even on my home table. Pattern racking in rotation still seems to only pay big dividends when a player is on his home table . Donny Mills for example

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I think you could also argue that the lesson there is that the break has a disproportionate influence as a deciding factor in pool matches, particularly playing winner breaks.

Every game has a element that is "disproportionate" to the others. Tennis has the serve; golf has the drive; bridge has the bid.

Everyone has the same opportunity to perfect the disproportionate element. Some just do it better than others...and win as a result.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
For those final 44 games, my notes show:

• 6 misses for Jayson on 158 attempts to pocket a ball, or a bit under 4% misses.

• 11 misses for Shane on 208 attempts, or a bit over 5% misses.

The "attempts" used here exclude break shots, safeties, and intentional fouls.

Just some additional break data for ya-

When SVB was breaking well and making balls on Day 1, he was breaking around 24.25 MPH. Shaw was breaking around 23.25.

When SVB was struggling a lil, to make ball on teh break, Day 2, he was breaking around 22.50 MPH. Shaw was breaking around 23.75.

This is according to the Break Rack app (great app, BTW).

Eric

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just some additional break data for ya-

When SVB was breaking well and making balls on Day 1, he was breaking around 24.25 MPH. Shaw was breaking around 23.25.

When SVB was struggling a lil, to make ball on teh break, Day 2, he was breaking around 22.50 MPH. Shaw was breaking around 23.75.

This is according to the Break Rack app (great app, BTW).

Eric

It seems to me that Shaw had the hardest single break of the two, (calculated totally by eye and ear) occurring on day 2 (pretty sure). what was the fastest single break you saw?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
It seems to me that Shaw had the hardest single break of the two, (calculated totally by eye and ear) occurring on day 2 (pretty sure). what was the fastest single break you saw?

SVB was hitting mid 24's, at his fastest (that I checked). I only recorded break speeds every now and then, so I can't speak for the majority of break shots.

When SVB was in the middle of his 7 pack, he was hitting 24 MPH+.

Eric