SVB vs. Chinakov updates

MD1108

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Chinahov and SVB

Congrats to Ruslan Chinahov on his challenge match victory. The guy plays great and always stays so smooth. I had the privilege of watching him shoot straight pool at The Derby this year and it was awesome. He was also one of my dark horse picks at U S Open last week.
Also a congrats to SVB for taking on a game that was completely designed to neutralize one of his biggest weapons. And it did just that. You have to give SVB credit for participating in a game that the house has structured specifically against you.
I understand the business model in place here and totally get the reasoning for this decision by the Russian governing body. It's an exhibition match which offers a chance to highlight professional pool in their homeland and also shine on their rising star Chinahov. The last thing they would want or could afford is for this exhibition match to turn into a very one sided contest. And again, I congratulate Chinahov on this victory. He was the better player today and I look forward to watching him and his contributions to pool for many years to come.
SVB is a world class player. There are times when he does not always play world class speed. The professionalism and determination he brings day and day out make him something special. Not only do I feel lucky to have him represent pool here in America, I feel lucky to have him represent the game as a whole around the globe. I will continue to wish SVB all the best and I am certain there are more victories and titles in his future.

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Fundamentals win again.

I agree, Ruslan was very focused and deserved the win. Having the home field advantage is also a plus. I believe these two will meet a few more times on the table and have some great matches. Congrats goes out to Ruslan.:thumbup2:

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah yes....one guy breaks like a champion, the other guy doesn't.....so they took the break away from the loser.

Makes sense......at AZB.

Nowhere else.

Last edited:

Curt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have watched Shane play many, many times on video, on streams and in person. I believe when Shane is playing well he can play with anyone after the break.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have watched Shane play many, many times on video, on streams and in person. I believe when Shane is playing well he can play with anyone after the break.
Iv heard many times Shane's the best breaker in the world never heard him called the best shot maker

kagewest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of shane haters here which is fitting since he is probably the best ambasitor of the sport we have. Right on par with the AZ geniuses!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of shane haters here which is fitting since he is probably the best ambasitor of the sport we have. Right on par with the AZ geniuses!

Way more huggers than haters ,,
What has he done that makes him the great ambassador ,,

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Too bad Frost wasn't in Shane's place.

He woulda showed that dirty Russian

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Ruslan Chinahov on his challenge match victory. The guy plays great and always stays so smooth. I had the privilege of watching him shoot straight pool at The Derby this year and it was awesome. He was also one of my dark horse picks at U S Open last week.
Also a congrats to SVB for taking on a game that was completely designed to neutralize one of his biggest weapons. And it did just that. You have to give SVB credit for participating in a game that the house has structured specifically against you.
I understand the business model in place here and totally get the reasoning for this decision by the Russian governing body. It's an exhibition match which offers a chance to highlight professional pool in their homeland and also shine on their rising star Chinahov. The last thing they would want or could afford is for this exhibition match to turn into a very one sided contest. And again, I congratulate Chinahov on this victory. He was the better player today and I look forward to watching him and his contributions to pool for many years to come.
SVB is a world class player. There are times when he does not always play world class speed. The professionalism and determination he brings day and day out make him something special. Not only do I feel lucky to have him represent pool here in America, I feel lucky to have him represent the game as a whole around the globe. I will continue to wish SVB all the best and I am certain there are more victories and titles in his future.

It's a free shot for about 5k, I don't see Shane needed to make a decision.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Shane's matches on the TAR often were one sided the U.S. Open rules were made to take away big break advantages

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Phew! Hurry night at work.
So Ruslan did play great I suppose. Had to because he did beat SVB.

I believe Shane won´t be bothered too long for this match.
He probably start put some practice time to learn outside of box break too. He should, because game gonna evolve to that direction.

I think this match taught a lot to Shane also for mental side of competing.

He should be ready for that he´s biggest weapon(break) could be off due various reasons(rules, tables, etc ..) So then you have to play actual game even better.
I believe this match can be for some kind alarm clock. To do even more work to stay on top!

P.S I´m just speculating because i could not see match live:frown:. Gotta see match later.

P.P.S thanks all for updates! :grin-square: I was too hurry to answer but I watched them

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GAFF table ( billiard cloth speed, dead rails ), PHONY break rule ( Never been a break rule like that in the history of pool ).
Bring the russian here and BET some $$$. Race to 100. I'm in for 10k
USA dont need no phony russian bs to win.GET-IT-ON!!!.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2070063.jpg

2075976.jpg

Yep yep.