SVB vs Deuel Chinese 8 Ball tonight

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't think this was posted here yet....

A race to 13 coming up at midnight. Video might be here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chinese8ball

SVB.jpg

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got back from the event. Svb won 13-8. Very difficult table- not sure if I like it- it is cool to see them look human but the table is so tough that you can’t even think of attempting certain shots

PracticeChampion

I just got back from the event. Svb won 13-8. Very difficult table- not sure if I like it- it is cool to see them look human but the table is so tough that you can’t even think of attempting certain shots
It looked tough!
Thought it said it was a race to 25

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I see Joy is sponsoring more of these in the future. There is a match with Kaci next month. I've never played on a true Chinese 8 ball table, but good to see them investing in the sport.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

yes, but still players like bingjie and yubo almost don't miss a ball. it's not insurmountable for westerners to win on these tables either, darren appleton won their world championship, cashing in 100k some years ago. albin has been a runner-up, melling as well many times. i really recommend watching melling play that game, he is brilliant at it.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played once on a Chinese 8 ball table in Bangkok, Joy as I remember. The cloth has nap, hit 'em too slow they roll off, hit 'em too hard they rattle :) Speed matters. Good fun.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just skimmed through bits and pieces, but from what I saw, Shane didn't seem to have his usual solid CB control.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just skimmed through bits and pieces, but from what I saw, Shane didn't seem to have his usual solid CB control.
The rails were very bouncy- that coupled with having to focus so much on ball pocketing likely influenced his uncharacteristically weak position play

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was in L.A. and I was going to go. But I'm not a big fan of traveling around this city at night. That's when the vampires come out! Seriously, most (over 90%) violent crimes in Los Angeles happen after dark. In this big city there are at least one or two shooting deaths a day, and several more non fatal shootings that are barely a blip on the evening news, unless a cop is involved. Often it's innocent people who some ouitlaw tries to Jack, whether they resist or not. I don't like to feel like I have to carry just to travel across town, but that's the reality in the world we live in today.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
It was in L.A. and I was going to go. But I'm not a big fan of traveling around this city at night. That's when the vampires come out! Seriously, most (over 90%) violent crimes in Los Angeles happen after dark. In this big city there are at least one or two shooting deaths a day, and several more non fatal shootings that are barely a blip on the evening news, unless a cop is involved. Often it's innocent people who some ouitlaw tries to Jack, whether they resist or not. I don't like to feel like I have to carry just to travel across town, but that's the reality in the world we live in today.

Considering all that I'm glad I live in the sticks but pre covid or maybe post covid being in town can be awesome.