Table conundrum... For Real King Cobra maybe?

Big Dave

Pool Hack!!!
Silver Member
Hi, I'm not sure if you'll be able to give the answer without seeing the table, but I'm hoping, so here goes...

You know when you play a bank shot sideways across the table from close to one middle pocket to just the other side of the other middle pocket, and you hit it really hard so that the ball goes back and forth several times, the ball actually changes direction and comes back towards the middle pocket?

Well my friend's table doesn't do that. It's an old Brunswick GC3, the rails look straight, and it's got new Simonis 860 cloth - do you know why that might be?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Big Dave.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a reverse side pocket double bank and should work on any table if hit hard enough.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A GCIII....probably needs new rubber....Brunswick had horrible rubber for that model.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Hi, I'm not sure if you'll be able to give the answer without seeing the table, but I'm hoping, so here goes...

You know when you play a bank shot sideways across the table from close to one middle pocket to just the other side of the other middle pocket, and you hit it really hard so that the ball goes back and forth several times, the ball actually changes direction and comes back towards the middle pocket?

Well my friend's table doesn't do that. It's an old Brunswick GC3, the rails look straight, and it's got new Simonis 860 cloth - do you know why that might be?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Big Dave.
The effect won't be as dramatic/visible on a table with newer/slicker cloth.

pj
chgo

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
You could try shooting it softer. Does that increase the rail-induced spin? And ensure the cut angle (and cue ball english) contribute to the OB spin too.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could try shooting it softer. Does that increase the rail-induced spin? And ensure the cut angle (and cue ball english) contribute to the OB spin too.
It sure goes in a lot when you called a simple 1 rail cross side and hit too hard and miss. Always seems to go in the opposite pocket when you dont hit it well.
I was referring to a long table bank common in one pocket.
Short foot rail to short head rail where it kills and come almost straight down to the pocket.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was referring to a long table bank common in one pocket.
Short foot rail to short head rail where it kills and come almost straight down to the pocket.
I think many a banger discovers the cross side version by accident. I did in the 70s and then the players point out the controls and that you can hit either side pocket in a variety of ways from the same position. That Reyes shot was completely out the blue. He was on a blocked straight back and hit it top, bottom, top, and perfectly back to the hole. Never even imagined that one.