Table Pads

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought I'd post a few photos of a custom set of table pads I bought from Heartland Table Pads out of Indiana. They were made and shipped within a week of my order, and the guy was real good to deal with, asking for specifics on the table dimensions so everything would be just right.

It's 5 pieces that hinge in the middle, a 2-piece construction of vinyl on top of some kind of particle wood or something. Other than the color (which my wife chose, although the vendor even helpfully suggested a color which I happen to like better as well, but heywhaddygunnadoamirite), everything is just about perfect on it.

The idea is that it could be used not just as protection but also for gatherings, like maybe put a ping pong table on top one day. It's real sturdy and sits on some foam blocks that go underneath where the seams overlap and lock together, so hopefully it'll work for that.

http://imgur.com/a/cUXVI

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's one of the images in case the original goes away. I think this would be great for a buffet table. Most billiard tables aren't shaped right to allow chairs to be pulled up to them comfortably. There are a few designs that are more convertible.
table_cover.jpg

Last edited:

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Thanks Bob. Despite the fact that I make my living in technology, I seem incapable of embedding images in forum posts.

The cobblers kids have no shoes, I suppose.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Bob. Despite the fact that I make my living in technology, I seem incapable of embedding images in forum posts.

The cobblers kids have no shoes, I suppose.
Maybe this will work for you...

Get the image to a file (should be less than 200kB). When editing the response, click on the paper clip icon, hit "choose file", select in file browser (it will remember your folder/directory), and then upload. Then back in the editor with your cursor where you want the image, click on the pull-down for the paper clip and select the image you want to include at that point.

The main problem for most people seems to be that they can't produce an image of a reasonable width (800 to 1000 pixels) and size (< 200kB).

For pulling images off my screen I use a free tool called "cropper" which allows you to save any rectangle on your screen to an image file. This is very easy because the files come out both the right number of pixels wide and fairly small in bytes.