Table saw belt

JC

Coos Cues
I built my table saw machine out of an older delta contractor saw that came with a v belt on it. The pulleys are not cast and seem pretty nicely built. I replaced the belt with one of those link belts when I set up the machine but it still has more vibration than I like. The spindle bearing is silky smooth and tight.

Do you think it would help to buy a new link belt with the new pulleys as a kit I see for sale? The first one of these machines I built I used a craftsman saw and replaced the pulleys and belt with a multi ribbed replacement kit and it was really nice but these don't seem to be available anymore having lost favor to these light weight link belts.

The saw has 5/8" keyed shafts at both ends 2 1/4" on the spindle shaft and 2 1/2" on the motor. Anyone know where I can get a ribbed belt replacement with pulleys for this saw? Or is that just yesterday's news and gone with the wind? I liked that better than these link belts.

Thanks

JC

Coos Cues
Have you tried
In-Industries
Inline industries has a belt and pulley kit with the link belt and I'm so absent minded I can't recall if that's what I bought originally when I put this together or if I just bought this link belt by itself and put it on my existing pulleys. I guess the link belt is better than the multi ribbed metal belt?

Oddly my new Sawstop saw has a wide multi ribbed belt on it and runs as smooth as silk.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you run the motor on it's own, to see if that is the cause of vibration? Some motors are not very smooth running. Another check is the blade itself not a good blade, rare but can also be a source for vibration.