TAOM V10

Nyquil

Actually, you do NOT want it to match your cloth color exactly. If there are chalk marks, or lot of chalk on your table, you want to know about it. Might be a reason they used blue chalk on green tables for DECADES. I'm not saying use black or red on blue, but certainly, matching it makes no sense to me.
I vacuum once or twice a week, do not chalk over my table, and polish my balls every 3rd use. I have no issue with not being able to see the chalk and actually prefer it that way.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my free chinese sneaky with a brass insert plays the same as any 5k custom with ivory, hits balls to the hole.
custom cues are for pool snobs
Maybe….maybe not……it depends on the individual player.

What if you acquired these custom pool cues as a collector?

So if you play with a cue you collected, it makes you a snob?

Does owning a Nighthawk Custom pistol make you a snob?

What about people that collect & wear expensive chronometers?

How is owning a cue any different? Using it is akin to wearing a watch.

You’re entitled to your opinion but it kinda sounds like there’s some envy.

Then again, maybe not. Like I originally wrote, it depends on the player.

koal

Registered
Playing since 3 weeks with the V10.

Holds good on every tip.
Even on breaktips. Much better than Pyro.

In 3 weeks i had no miscue with the V10.
Grabs the cueball very good.

Minimal marks on a Tournament blue cloth.
Zero marks on the cueball.

It wears down faster than Pyro.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing since 3 weeks with the V10.

Holds good on every tip.
Even on breaktips. Much better than Pyro.

In 3 weeks i had no miscue with the V10.
Grabs the cueball very good.

Minimal marks on a Tournament blue cloth.
Zero marks on the cueball.

It wears down faster than Pyro.
How often did you miscue before? Posting none in 3 weeks is meaningless without knowing how often before.
Personally, I don’t know many pool players that miscue because of the chalk they use. It’s usually mechanical.

If you were experiencing miscues, and it sounds like you were, just chalk more often and use less English. Way
too many players use more English than they need & don’t allow for the added throw on the OB and so they miss.
Miscues are more of a flaw in your stroke mechanics, not because of the chalk used unless you don’t chalk enough.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i gamble around a lot. i have yet to see a player with special chalk or all the goodies that some carry around be a winner overall gambling. or even very consistent enough to make good games.
and rarely if ever have a miscue or see one from a winning player.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Taom is not making anyones game better but it prevent bad contacts between balls...
There are several brands of chalk that will work every bit as well in terms of cleanliness and friction.
I chose a brand to play with because it remains on my cue tip and even so, I chalk after every shot.

The price is about $3.00 per cube unless you buy it in bulk. You can get a carton (25 boxes - 50 cubes)
on ebay for $125 shipped. I purchased a carton years ago and I still have plenty of chalk. It stays on your
tip longer, doesn’t flake, and doesn’t make a mess for your hands, cue ferrules, shafts and cloth. I have
several brands of chalk but my all time favorite for quality, cleanliness and price is Blue Diamond chalk.
IMO, 50 cubes of Blue Diamond is a much better selection than purchasing a few cubes of TAOM V10.

MurrayNevada

There are several brands of chalk that will work every bit as well in terms of cleanliness and friction.
I chose a brand to play with because it remains on my cue tip and even so, I chalk after every shot.

The price is about $3.00 per cube unless you buy it in bulk. You can get a carton (25 boxes - 50 cubes)
on ebay for $125 shipped. I purchased a carton years ago and I still have plenty of chalk. It stays on your
tip longer, doesn’t flake, and doesn’t make a mess for your hands, cue ferrules, shafts and cloth. I have
several brands of chalk but my all time favorite for quality, cleanliness and price is Blue Diamond chalk.

IMO, 50 cubes of Blue Diamond is a much better selection than purchasing a few cubes of TAOM V10.
I have to disagree with you concerning the cleanliness of Blue Diamond vs Taom chalks. The Blue Diamond leaves much more of itself on the table, balls and surrounding areas. Not even close.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to disagree with you concerning the cleanliness of Blue Diamond vs Taom chalks. The Blue Diamond leaves much more of itself on the table, balls and surrounding areas. Not even close.
Since it hasn’t happened to me over the many years of using the product,
nor any of my friends that use it on their home table, I can only presume
it has more to do with the user rather than the product. You may apply the
TAOM V10 more deliberately due to its price…..I dunno….maybe you applied
the BD using a twisting motion rather than brushing it….bottomline is that BD
is known to be a relatively cleaner chalk than a lot of brands and it is what it is.

Hoogaar

Registered
LOL - no kidding. Blue Diamond is super messy. The Taom is so far easily the cleanest chalk I've ever played with. Played for about 5 hours straight on Friday and my hands were about as clean as when I started. It's great.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree with this, blue diamond is one of the messiest chalks I have used and it sticks to balls like none other (well maybe kamui). I actually keep a piece of blue diamond in my practice bag for when I want to intentionally leave marks on the cue ball so I can see exactly where I struck the ball at. That is the only time i use blue diamond.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes you wonder: Since Blue Diamond is so sticky, if playing out where the CB is already dirty, maybe using it would be good strategy (?). In the hope that your opponent wouldn’t be so knowledgeable as to remember to use tons of outside english on every cut shot.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BD is not that bad. worse than master and predator in terms of residue but not kamui bad. i use BD because i like the grip, sure it may increase the risk for skids but i feel more confident in not miscueing when using it. kamui chalk should be banned.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Finally got my hands on a piece of Taom V10, just as clean as Pyro if not cleaner. The color is very light lime green and coats the tip with ease, deffinetly a step up from pyro as far as miscue limit and grip. Like they claim in advertisement this chalk is no gimmick, it is clean, grippy, and also applies better than pyro especially to harder tips and synthetic tips, pyro did not. I still like Pyro but for a few bucks more V10 has a ton to offer the player.