TAP going belly up?

TeeA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Supposed to play a team last week that won the TAP championship at the Valley and they refused to play because their team has not been paid in full from that event. Then it turns out they were boycotting to get the final half of their money. Now we just heard they got their money since last week’s boycott after going through hell to get it. Don’t know what that even means.

On my team is a player who won a SL title…he has not been paid a cent nor has anyone reached out to him.

How else do you read this?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Supposed to play a team last week that won the TAP championship at the Valley and they refused to play because their team has not been paid in full from that event. Then it turns out they were boycotting to get the final half of their money. Now we just heard they got their money since last week’s boycott after going through hell to get it. Don’t know what that even means.

On my team is a player who won a SL title…he has not been paid a cent nor has anyone reached out to him.

Greedy shit head league operators....

Zerksies

You expect someone in pool to not be a scumbag? Tap, Hopkins are scumbags. If your not getting paid that day your never getting paid.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I read it one way: league pool is a fkng joke.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
I read it one way: league pool is a fkng joke.
You do know leagues are what is keeping pool alive around this country? 30k plus people show up for the SBE event. What can be said about single privately owned rooms. The last nice pool room closed in my area over a year ago. If it wasn't for leagues, most of people who played there, wouldn't be playing much pool. Glad you have a decent place to play, but that isn't the reality for most players. Leagues pump money into the bar/tavern economy, which isn't a bad thing. IMO

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do know leagues are what is keeping pool alive around this country? 30k plus people show up for the SBE event. What can be said about single privately owned rooms. The last nice pool room closed in my area over a year ago. If it wasn't for leagues, most of people who played there, wouldn't be playing much pool. Glad you have a decent place to play, but that isn't the reality for most players. Leagues pump money into the bar/tavern economy, which isn't a bad thing. IMO
I tend to agree…

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there will always be big table pool near me. i played league a lot yrs ago but got tired/disgusted of all the petty/nitty shit that goes on. honestly, if LP went away tomorrow it would have zero effect on me.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
there will always be big table pool near me. i played league a lot yrs ago but got tired/disgusted of all the petty/nitty shit that goes on. honestly, if LP went away tomorrow it would have zero effect on me.
That's a short-sited position to take. We should support all forms of pool; I'm not saying jump on the league bandwagon, just be mindful that leagues are crucial to our chosen sport. Are there problems with leagues...you bet!! But what is the alternative?
I've played leagues on and off for close to twenty years, so, I've seen every facet of what a league can be; in my area, there are very few alternatives for most players. One thing leagues do that would be hard to do otherwise... rank all the local players; that would definitely be a harder task without them. I don't gamble anymore, but it was valuable info when I did. Probably like you, I at the moment, play out of a Vet's club almost exclusively. I get to play all the pool I want for a small yearly fee and it's close and well kept with some fairly strong local players to compete against. Will any of this change your thoughts on leagues...probably not; I just don't see a reason to be so negative when discussing leagues. This will be my last comment on this subject typing with carpal tunnel is a bitch:alien:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
League IMHO are only good for operator, they make most of money off players.

Bar and Room owner get peanuts, player in some get trophies, or pins. 🐂🐂🐂💩💩💩

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ZErk says league and Hopkins are scumbags. Why Hopkins? Allen has nothing to do with tap. He rents out some of the convention hall to tap. He has no say in what they do.
Allan runs a great convention.

Zerksies

ZErk says league and Hopkins are scumbags. Why Hopkins? Allen has nothing to do with tap. He rents out some of the convention hall to tap. He has no say in what they do.
Allan runs a great convention.
Don't you know they are still holding money from the expo from the covid years. They allegedly should be giving people refunds. It's been this long it's not happening.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
they make a shitload of beer sales , thats why they let leagues operate
League players are the cheapest NITS on the planet. They don't drink, they don't eat, and they don't frequent the bar other than when they can play for free. I wouldn't let a league within a 1,000 feet if I had a place, unless it was in-house league and I knew the players were eaters and drinkers.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
League players are the cheapest NITS on the planet. They don't drink, they don't eat, and they don't frequent the bar other than when they can play for free. I wouldn't let a league within a 1,000 feet if I had a place, unless it was in-house league and I knew the players were eaters and drinkers.
All I see is buckets of beer being hauled out on league nights with tons of shots too, don't know what your seeing