Tascarella owners club only entire here !

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So... What are opinions about the steel insert piloted joint... Ivory or otherwise??

Its very solid and plays pretty soft. Ivory per Pete is a little softer and weighs just a touch less. Because it is compression fit the hit is different than a Joss or Schon 5/16x14 joint. Just my opinion,

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I'm a bit concerned. I talked to Pete and he told me he hasn't started my cue. He told me it'd be 6 months and it has been about 3. I'm only worried the quality won't be good if it's done in 3 months. Should I be worried? I know they have a reputation for great cues.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No worries, they probably just have cues ahead of yours to complete. The Pete's do no let inferior work leave their shop.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I'm a bit concerned. I talked to Pete and he told me he hasn't started my cue. He told me it'd be 6 months and it has been about 3. I'm only worried the quality won't be good if it's done in 3 months. Should I be worried? I know they have a reputation for great cues.
No they will not send an inferior product. Thats a fast turn around time, just be patient if it takes a little longer than their estimate. They are among the very best ever

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately I had to cancel my Tascarella order, I found Pete Jr to be impossible to work with and quite rude. Shame.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately I had to cancel my Tascarella order, I found Pete Jr to be impossible to work with and quite rude. Shame.

Sorry to hear that. They are hard core New Yorkers so they can be very blunt and seemingly confrontational but it is just they way they communicate some times. What happened?

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that. They are hard core New Yorkers so they can be very blunt and seemingly confrontational but it is just they way they communicate some times. What happened?

I asked to change a couple things from the letter I sent at first. I wasn't really aware that they are very much traditionalist cue makers and they stick to what they make and don't vary much, he told me they have been building the same for 30+ years. So, I asked if they could do certain things and he came back with pretty sarcastic and rude answers. Partially my bad for not being aware that they are set in how they do cues. I just figured if I'm paying $4500 for a cue I'll get exactly what I want and everything I want.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked to change a couple things from the letter I sent at first. I wasn't really aware that they are very much traditionalist cue makers and they stick to what they make and don't vary much, he told me they have been building the same for 30+ years. So, I asked if they could do certain things and he came back with pretty sarcastic and rude answers. Partially my bad for not being aware that they are set in how they do cues. I just figured if I'm paying $4500 for a cue I'll get exactly what I want and everything I want.

Yeah they make traditional cues. I asked for things they would not do but love what I got. What did they ask for?

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah they make traditional cues. I asked for things they would not do but love what I got. What did they ask for?
Literally just if I could get an extension or the butt measurements for an extension and if they could do a hoppe ring with a bumper on it.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Literally just if I could get an extension or the butt measurements for an extension and if they could do a hoppe ring with a bumper on it.
Huh, that doesn't seem that out of the ordinary. Sorry to hear it fell through

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pete is working on a titlist conversion right now. Hope to have it in the next few months.

Attachments

• 20210205_120434 (Medium).jpg
    20210205_120434 (Medium).jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 141

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pete is working on a titlist conversion right now. Hope to have it in the next few months.
Very cool coin! For a Titlist conversion, did you provide the blank to Pete, or does he have his own stash? I'd like to add a Tasc Titlist someday.

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karma's bitch THam! After I answered many many questions and waited patiently for you to save your money for a few weeks when you agreed to buy my SW. Then, I find out you had placed an order with Pete for about the same amount. And, you never let me know you weren't going to buy my cue until I reached out to find out what was going on.

Today is a great day! I'm sure Pete got fed up with you for a perfectly good reason! Glass raised to Mr. Pete Tascarella!

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karma's bitch THam! After I answered many many questions and waited patiently for you to save your money for a few weeks when you agreed to buy my SW. Then, I find out you had placed an order with Pete for about the same amount. And, you never let me know you weren't going to buy my cue until I reached out to find out what was going on.

Today is a great day! I'm sure Pete got fed up with you for a perfectly good reason! Glass raised to Mr. Pete Tascarella!
Believe what you will, it was my need to cancel it that ended it. I found him rude from the first time I spoke to them, but I brushed it off because I wanted one. I don’t think asking for certain things when I didn’t know they didn’t do them was unreasonable.

As for buying your SW, I really didn’t have the money to cover it then and didn’t want to have you hold on to it because you said you had other people interested. I would have the money now, but I wanted to go with something closer to what I’m used to. Really friends talked me out of it, told me it would be tough to transition to higher deflection. I really am sorry for stinging you along while I tried to save for it.

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I call BS. According to your post, you paid Pete “in full” about a day before I messaged you to find out what was going on. For almost the same exact amount!

Just admit you did me wrong and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I call BS. According to your post, you paid Pete “in full” about a day before I messaged you to find out what was going on. For almost the same exact amount!

Just admit you did me wrong and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I did do you wrong, I admit it, and I’m sorry. If I thought you would have gone for $4200 I probably would have bought it.