Tascarella owners club only entire here !

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A couple in-progress pictures of a new entry into the club that should be here soon.

View attachment 648540
View attachment 648541
Here is a little weekend Tascarella eye-candy that I wish I hadn't sold. Enjoy this Tascarella Ebony beauty.

View attachment 648986View attachment 648987View attachment 648988View attachment 648989View attachment 648990
your new cue should look terrific and of course play great
congratulations
i may have owned that ebony at one time
i always wondered why the dashes at the joint. i would have prefered just the wood wrap and joint

Last edited:

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
your new cue shpould look terrific and of course play great
congratulations
i may have owned that ebony at one time
i always wondered why the dashes at the joint. i would have prefered just the wood wrap and joint
I got it from Dean on a trade deal. Played good, but I ended up trading for a steel jointed Tascarella.

Reactions: bbb

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

71dewajack

I know that this design is really popular but I just don't get the fascination with black cues and ebony in general. In my view it is the least interesting of all cue woods and many cuemakers including the Tascarellas hate making them.
Interesting, do they not like them because they consider them boring, or why do they feel that way?

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting, do they not like them because they consider them boring, or why do they feel that way?

Yes they find them mundane and very boring and like I said my opinion is very much a minority opinion and in fact almost all the cues they make are ebony based, many just plain janes like the one I commented on. I am working on a design with Pete Jr. and he said he is super excited to just have an opportunity to use something other than ebony. Paul Drexler has told me the same exact thing.

71dewajack

Yes they find them mundane and very boring and like I said my opinion is very much a minority opinion and in fact almost all the cues they make are ebony based, many just plain janes like the one I commented on. I am working on a design with Pete Jr. and he said he is super excited to just have an opportunity to use something other than ebony. Paul Drexler has told me the same exact thing.
Thanks for the explanation. That's good to know going forward.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know that this design is really popular but I just don't get the fascination with black cues and ebony in general. In my view it is the least interesting of all cue woods and many cuemakers including the Tascarellas hate making them.
i am not a cue maker but i believe ebony is valued for its playability and tonal qualities

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a build they made for me. Just a simple "Old Schooler".
Pete and Pete Jr. are real Pro's. Very easy to work with.
East Indian Rosewood into BEM, Brown trim rings with my favorite veneers.

Attachments

• Tascfull.jpg.JPG
    Tascfull.jpg.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 253
  • Tascfore.jpg.jpg
    Tascfore.jpg.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 256
  • Tascjoint.jpg.JPG
    Tascjoint.jpg.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 246
  • Tascsleeve.jpg.JPG
    Tascsleeve.jpg.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 239
  • Tascveneers.jpg.JPG
    Tascveneers.jpg.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 240

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Bob,

Beautiful cue, I especially like the use of rosewood and brown phenolic when not including any inlays. Just a pure, classic ball pocketing machine.

Thanks for sharing and play with it in the greatest of health.

Take Care
-don

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just love how this came out, Bob. Pure beauty & a pure playing killer. The veneers are great, and the Rosewood goes great with them & the brown collars. Enjoy it bunches😎 So very nice.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very nice cue from the Tascarella shop!
I agree,
Pete and son are Pros.
Excellent in quality and INTEGRITY.
NO BS IN LONG ISLAND
Enjoy the new cue

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
New Arrival from the Tascarella's. They hit the nail right on the head and built the cue exactly as I requested.

Please enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• NewTasc_1.jpg
    NewTasc_1.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 176
  • NewTasc_3.jpg
    NewTasc_3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 176
  • NewTasc_2.jpg
    NewTasc_2.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 174
  • NewTasc_4.jpg
    NewTasc_4.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 177
  • NewTasc_5.jpg
    NewTasc_5.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 172
  • NewTasc_6.jpg
    NewTasc_6.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 166

71dewajack

New Arrival from the Tascarella's. They hit the nail right on the head and built the cue exactly as I requested.

Please enjoy the pics.
Yes! That is a classic, excited for you and hope you enjoy it. How cool would it be to throw that baby into a classic, black 1x2 GTF style case, tuck it under the arm, and stroll into the pool hall, looking like Michael Madsen's character in the Reservoir Dogs?

Last edited:

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes! That is a classic, excited for you and hope you enjoy it. How cool would it be to throw that baby into a classic, black 1x2 GTF style case, tuck it under the arm, and stroll into the pool hall, looking like Michael Madsen's character in the Reservoir Dogs?
Thanks for the kind comments, I hit a few balls with it last night and was not disappointed.