Test question: How would you convert Dia/GC rails to take K66 Artimus rail rubber?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
scruff said:
So what the magic answer then ?
What you're describing sounds exactly like my table, which is a 50's brunswick which was re-rubbered with Artemis last year, I just wish i knew which artemis it was.

Is a Brunswick Anniversary supposed to be k55 or k66 or what ?

Either way it plays dead. I'll be taking some measurements tonight.
It's suppose to have K55 rail rubber on it. Measure the playing surface for me and let me know what it turns out to be, while you're at it, measure the point of the cushion at ball contact, tell me that as well. I'll be at the Diamond factory late tonight, so tomorrow I'll be taking pictures about how to convert K55 rails to K66, then I'll post the process here on AZ, as Greg would like to see it as well.

Glen

scruff

Registered
Well this sucks.

I measured up my Anniversary, and it's almost 50 1/4 and 100 1/4.
Also the top surface of the cushion has a slight downward curve to it.
The point of a cushions seems to be about 1 7/16 but the top surface is higher.

And yes, the rails have always played a bit dead compared to new tables. When I got it done I was hopoing it'd play the same speed as a new Diamond, after all I was using the same rail rubber and 860, but it has never been anywhere near as lively as that.

scruff

Registered
Glen,
I await your answer both on how to do this properly and on the PM I sent you.
I was very close to buying a Diamond table when I bought this Anniversary, and perhaps in retrospect I should have, I would have certainly had less headaches, but I really love the way the Anni looks.

Now if I can just get it playing like a pro cut Diamond, I'll be set. Shame I'll have to spend money all over again.

Is there any physical indication on the rail rubber itself as to what it is ? I could pull off a rail and have a look perhaps.

I should have heard alarm bells ringing when the guy didn't know who the Artemis distributor was.