Thank You AZer's and the Pool Community!!

scarlettrout

Cancer SUCKS!
Silver Member
Tony Sulsar and I would like to publicly, and loudly, thank everyone for coming to the benefit tournament for him this past weekend. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=131954&page=7

Words can not express how we feel at this time. We are both humbled and overwhelmed at the outpouring of love and support we have received during this fight. Not only at the tournament, but also the phone calls, the visits at the hospital, cards or just sending well wishes through another friend or two... this pool community has touched our hearts beyond anything we could have imagined.

There is such a long list of people to thank, we don't know where to begin. I know if I tried to thank everyone individually, someone will end up being left out. John and Kennan have done a good job of listing just a fraction, so we ditto who they have thanked so far.

We would like to thank John Plumlee (ugotactionTX) for everything he's done for us. You've been amazing and I can not express properly our gratitude.

Bill Wagner, I owe you many more pecan pies!

Doug Winnett (bullshooter69), for always being there for Tony and being a better friend to him than anyone can know.

Jerri Winnett, for being my rock when I've been crumbling.

Robbie, Charlie (Papa Red), and Nancy... ya'll are AMAZING! Good Lord, Nancy must have been cooking for over a WEEK to feed everyone like she did. (Didn't I say yumminess before?)

Everyone who helped at the tournament... Kennan (Captain K), how much wonderfull-ness you are. :) So many others helped. OH! Lanore Molsbey (I know I just butchered the spelling of her name) and Tammy Helms! Dana Speed, smoochies to you...

Cristina De La Garza, your generousity is so heart-warming, I pray I have been able to teach my children to give like that. What an amazing example to show them. You too, Mr. Jay Helfert!!

Melinda Bailey (akaTrigger)... not even gonna try to put your thanks into words. I think only huge, squishy bear-hugs, with lots of tears, will express our feelings towards you... I'll see you this weekend!

I could go on and on, but that would take us 2 to 3 days to thank everyone that deserves it. Just to see so many people in one place, for Tony, is unbelievable. I have always known I won the lottery with him, I'm glad everyone had a way to show him that his friendship and big heart makes everyone else feel the same way. I know I can speak for him when I say that he feels HE is the one who won the lottery with so many friends and loved ones. You are all the best.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm glad it went so well Ann (Scarlett). I wish I could have been there. I KNOW everyone had a great time, especially Tony. Please keep us posted on how he's doing. I'm sure he will be fine with so many friends (and especially you) in his corner. He must be a very special guy.

Last edited:

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
That is SO awesome the tournament and fund raiser was a success! I am so humbled by the out pouring, but it doesn't surprise me because Tony is such a great guy and cared for by many!

As many know, my Mom was in the hospital two years ago and almost passed. No insurance and 20 days later, the hospital bill was $85,000! To say the least, it is overwhelming. I am glad Tony is doing well but I know the bills can also be too much sometimes. Please let me know if you would like a copy of the letters we sent to the hospital asking for "help."

Also, thank you for the kind words, Ann. I am glad I could help a little bit and if there's anything else I can do, don't hesitate to ask. Pool is more than a game - it's family.

Sincerely,
Melinda

P.S. Even tho I didn't get to go to the tournament, I heard the food was AWESOME so kudos to all who made food and a big thank you to John for spearheading the tourney and also, for everyone's help AT the tourney. I know it can be stressful and tough to run an event and my hat is tipped to all who helped!