Thats why the customs stay at home

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was shooting at lucky staehlys pool hall at edgfield Mcmennamins tonight with my carry cues, that look nothing like any house cue, and I was having a quick slice of pizza at the table nearest to the pool table, and had my cues laid out and some balls up so people know it's not a free table, and a lady walks up, and scoops the cues together with a harsh clack and starts walking away to another table. I quickly jump up and say "excuse me, those are actually personal cues"....she then gives me a nasty look and just saw "oh", then drops them back on the table with another loud clack....shaking my head, all I could think was "thank god it was just the Viking and meucci."

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Oh the horror!
Just last week, I went to change to my playing cue after a break shot and it was gone... I quickly scanned the room and found some idiot holding it across his shoulder and bending the crap out of the shaft. Thank god it wasn't one of my customs either.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was shooting at lucky staehlys pool hall at edgfield Mcmennamins tonight with my carry cues, that look nothing like any house cue, and I was having a quick slice of pizza at the table nearest to the pool table, and had my cues laid out and some balls up so people know it's not a free table, and a lady walks up, and scoops the cues together with a harsh clack and starts walking away to another table. I quickly jump up and say "excuse me, those are actually personal cues"....she then gives me a nasty look and just saw "oh", then drops them back on the table with another loud clack....shaking my head, all I could think was "thank god it was just the Viking and meucci."

That's just one of the reasons you never let your cues out of your sight. They obviously didn't know any better. You should have. Now you do. At least they weren't stolen from you.

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
I had a similar incident. Went to get a drink and my Ginacue was gone. A couple tables over a chinese guy had scooped it off my table and was playing with it. Somehow he thought it was a house cue.

Thefonz <= would like to visit this poolhall in China with all the Gina house cues.....

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's just one of the reasons you never let your cues out of your sight. They obviously didn't know any better. You should have. Now you do. At least they weren't stolen from you.

When did I say they were out of my sight, I said they were on the table next to me and as soon as they grabbed them I quickly jumped up.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When did I say they were out of my sight, I said they were on the table next to me and as soon as they grabbed them I quickly jumped up.

O.K., let me rephrase, you don't let your cues out of sight or out of reach. Would be much nicer if you could, but you can't. Too many thieves and people that just don't know better. Seen it happen way too many times to people.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a similar incident. Went to get a drink and my Ginacue was gone. A couple tables over a chinese guy had scooped it off my table and was playing with it. Somehow he thought it was a house cue.

Thefonz <= would like to visit this poolhall in China with all the Gina house cues.....

Oh boy, bet there was a serious moment of panic there. If my e/i Thompson was out of my sight for any amount of time I would I'd be sprinting around looking for it lol I'm usually shooting with some one I can count on to watch it

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
I have actually been at the pool hall shooting and had my breaker at my table near my pool table. As I am shooting I hear two people walking behind me and one says to the other don't use that one it has no white thing on it. They were referring to my breaker with an old OB break shaft that has the wood ferrule. Seems that is another benefit to OB I guess.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have actually been at the pool hall shooting and had my breaker at my table near my pool table. As I am shooting I hear two people walking behind me and one says to the other don't use that one it has no white thing on it. They were referring to my breaker with an old OB break shaft that has the wood ferrule. Seems that is another benefit to OB I guess.

That's hilarious! I'm loving the cues in your avatar btw

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I had this happen last week my team cap has a really large cue holder that he brings every week all the team puts our cues on it i go over to grab my break cue a poison brk gone lookk around there it is some drunk guy blasting balls with it thats why i dont take customs out as well my ob sneaky gets grabbed all time lol

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
How about this one? I'm playing in local tournament. Go to break the rack with my Schon cue and it's missing. Can't find it. Finally spot a competitor playing with it. As he plays with nearly identical looking Richard Black, I was somewhat humored as he didn't realize the difference after playing several racks ;) :rolleyes: . Made my day!

Lyn

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
No closet queens in my cases. I've had to track a few cues down, but most of the time the halls that I go to have regulars that know better than to grab someone's cues.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member

Hmmm .... interesting idea .... when you going back to the hall ... or do I have ask Craig now ?

Dave <-- likes Gina cues :thumbup:

DaveK

Silver Member
How about this one? I'm playing in local tournament. Go to break the rack with my Schon cue and it's missing. Can't find it. Finally spot a competitor playing with it. As he plays with nearly identical looking Richard Black, I was somewhat humored as he didn't realize the difference after playing several racks ;) :rolleyes: . Made my day!

Lyn

Ya should have walked off with his RB :thumbup: You'd trade wouldn't you ?

At one now-closed hall I used to play at we'd leave all our various cues on the adjacent table. After having to chase after my Dufferin Phantom a few times I started unscrewing it a bit so it wouldn't look so much like a house cue. Never had a problem after that. Thefonz may have a few more problems if I see him not looking :)

Dave

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
In Colorado Springs in 1984 I was playing at the bank shot in a tournament. I laid my custom made Joss cue on the table and went to bathroom. Came back and the guy I was playing in the tournament was gone and so was my stick.....Never to be seen again.

I called police and reported the stick missing and they acted like it was a joke. I then told them how much it was worth and the cop said, "I can't believe anyone would pay that much for a stick, I guess there one born every minute." I was very angry to say the least.

That stays in my memory and now I take my stick to the bathroom with me.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Ya should have walked off with his RB :thumbup: You'd trade wouldn't you ?

At one now-closed hall I used to play at we'd leave all our various cues on the adjacent table. After having to chase after my Dufferin Phantom a few times I started unscrewing it a bit so it wouldn't look so much like a house cue. Never had a problem after that. Thefonz may have a few more problems if I see him not looking :)

Dave

Dave,

You gotta be a great guy. Anyone who uses a Steely Dan album cover for an avatar has to be OK!!!!! JMHO of course :thumbup: .

Lyn

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JW stories in the springs

In Colorado Springs in 1984 I was playing at the bank shot in a tournament. I laid my custom made Joss cue on the table and went to bathroom. Came back and the guy I was playing in the tournament was gone and so was my stick.....Never to be seen again.

I called police and reported the stick missing and they acted like it was a joke. I then told them how much it was worth and the cop said, "I can't believe anyone would pay that much for a stick, I guess there one born every minute." I was very angry to say the least.

Been to the bank shot many times when Scott and Laura owned it..

Coco, who used to work for Stroud on occasion in Co Spgs. got his one of a kind JW stolen and found a guy playing with it a few months later. The cops had to unwrap it to find his name under the wrap so he could get it back... The guy swore he had always owned it before Coco told him about the name...lol
Another time we are playing league at a rowdy Hispanic bar and a fat drunk lady fell on my friends very high end JW that was leaning against the wall and busted the butt right in half...
And the best yet, my long time league team mate's JW is stolen at league. I'm bartending at the Keg in Manitou Spgs. a few weeks later and in walks this guy i've never seen before and offers to sell it to me for 50 bucks...

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Was that your first tournament?

DaveK

Silver Member
Dave,

You gotta be a great guy. Anyone who uses a Steely Dan album cover for an avatar has to be OK!!!!! JMHO of course :thumbup: .

Lyn

Thank you for the kind words. I use that art because I look a lot like the guy in the front :lol: .... or at least have the same expression on occasion :D

Dave <-- drove 2 days from Saskatoon to Seattle to see Steely Dan :cool: ... then drove back :thumbup: