The Action Pool Tour (APT) - Top Hat Cue Club, Parkville, MD June 11-12, 2011

manfromoz

Banned
The Action Pool Tour (APT) will hold its inaugural event at the Top Hat Cue Club in Parkville, MD on June 11 & 12! There will be plenty of action all weekend!

10-Ball
Race to 8 (both sides)
True double elimination
Rack your own
Alternate breaks
1/4 of the field paid

Features:
Players auction
Progressive break & run raffle
Live streaming all weekend
2nd chance tournament on Sunday
Onsite cue repair & maintenance
Points leader for the season is sponsored in the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship!

See www.actionpooltour.com for more details.

manfromoz

Banned
Online Sign-Up Bonus!

Online Sign-Up Bonus!
There is an online sign-up bonus for this event! Every player that signs up for the event online will receive 5 free Break & Run tickets with the purchase of 5 or more at the event. To sign-up, visit www.actionpooltour.com.

This is a great room and there will be plenty of action all weekend. Hope to see you there!

manfromoz

Banned
Sign-Up Online

Thanks inside_english!

"Make" those travel plans now and sign-up online. Many people (from New York to lower Virginia) have already done so. We are looking to make this inaugural event a large one, so sign-up online at www.actionpooltour.com and get those free Break & Run tickets at the event. Tell your friends!

oysteroyster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You having been promoting this event well like no tomrrow. If that is any sign of how you do everything else, you should have a good thing.

manfromoz

Banned
Thanks

Thank you, oysteroyster.

Many people are curious about this new tour and they are not quite sure if it is serious. Make no mistake about it, it is serious. I have big plans for this tour but it cannot be done without the support of the players first. If we come out for these first few events in large numbers, growth will become easy as sponsors jump onboard and the payouts become much larger. Let's make it happen!

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the other thread, a couple of people asked you to identify yourself but you seemed to avoid their requests.

Please identify yourself and tell us a little about yourself.
I think more players will be willing to travel and play if they know they are dealing with someone they can trust.

manfromoz

Banned
Short Bio

Fair enough, Rich. The reason I didn't immediately answer that question is because I want to promote the tour rather than myself. However, since some people seem interested, I will provide a short bio.

My name is Ozzy Reynolds. I am 32 years old, married with children, and I have been playing pool since I was about eight. I have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Old Dominion University and I will soon have an MBA from the College of William & Mary.

I currently live in the Hampton Roads region - an area that has relatively few "dedicated" pool players. Because of the lack of organized competition in my area, I routinely travel to out-of-town events - many of which have been in Northern VA and Maryland, which in my opinion, has an abundance of great pool players! As I have traveled to these events, I have noticed that the players are hungry for more. Players should be given more opportunity at a tour event than simply playing in a double elimination tournament and going home when they are eliminated. Afterall, many players travel 2-5 hours just to get there! As I look around, I don't see that opportunity anywhere in the area. My goal is to provide people with numerous opportunities all weekend to do what they love to do - compete on the table.

I believe that my love of the game, my respect for the players, and my education in business, will allow us to make this tour a success. Notice that I used the word "us?" That is because success can only be achieved with the help of the players. Together, we can make this tour an early success. With early success comes growth, with growth comes "real" sponsors (not the kind that donate chalk or pool cues to be raffled), with "real" sponsors comes "real" money which gets spread to the players. Let's make it happen!!! Hope to see you June 11-12. Don't forget to sign-up online!

Ozzy Reynolds
admin@actionpooltour.comwww.actionpooltour.com

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Nice post. Again, I'm sorry I can't make it. I'll be on the other side of the world until July....but I'll be ready for any events after I get back.
--Steve

Fair enough, Rich. The reason I didn't immediately answer that question is because I want to promote the tour rather than myself. However, since some people seem interested, I will provide a short bio.

My name is Ozzy Reynolds. I am 32 years old, married with children, and I have been playing pool since I was about eight. I have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Old Dominion University and I will soon have an MBA from the College of William & Mary.

I currently live in the Hampton Roads region - an area that has relatively few "dedicated" pool players. Because of the lack of organized competition in my area, I routinely travel to out-of-town events - many of which have been in Northern VA and Maryland, which in my opinion, has an abundance of great pool players! As I have traveled to these events, I have noticed that the players are hungry for more. Players should be given more opportunity at a tour event than simply playing in a double elimination tournament and going home when they are eliminated. Afterall, many players travel 2-5 hours just to get there! As I look around, I don't see that opportunity anywhere in the area. My goal is to provide people with numerous opportunities all weekend to do what they love to do - compete on the table.

I believe that my love of the game, my respect for the players, and my education in business, will allow us to make this tour a success. Notice that I used the word "us?" That is because success can only be achieved with the help of the players. Together, we can make this tour an early success. With early success comes growth, with growth comes "real" sponsors (not the kind that donate chalk or pool cues to be raffled), with "real" sponsors comes "real" money which gets spread to the players. Let's make it happen!!! Hope to see you June 11-12. Don't forget to sign-up online!

Ozzy Reynolds

Perk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My name is Ozzy Reynolds. I am 32 years old, married with children, and I have been playing pool since I was about eight.
Ozzy Reynolds

Ah, you snuck into the GSBT tournament a few weeks back as a 'B' player and beat two 'AA' players and had a few discussions with Shannon about ratings. Great 2nd place finish there, however sneaking in as a 'B' is a bit much if you have been playing pool since your 8......

Hope your tour is successful.

manfromoz

Banned
Rating

Perk,
I'm not sure who you are or if you were actually at that particular tournament. It was my first tour tournament in about 10 years and I was unfamiliar with their rating system. I had no real recent tournament history that would give the tour director an accurate measure of what my rating should be because I had not played much in the past several years. After some questioning, he decided to rate me as a B and adjust if necessary. I won the first match against a AA and my rating was immediately raised to an A. I played pretty well all weekend but got absolutely thrashed in the finals to another A player. In a following tournament a few weeks later, I was eliminated on the first day with both losses coming from A players. After playing in these two events and assessing the skill level of the others, it is apparent that A is the correct rating. Therefore, me being underrated lasted for one whole match.

As a side note, this problem is why I don't handicap match races...only the entry fees. I don't want players to feel bitter is someone ranked lower has a great match and wins. Some people believe that if you are ranked an A, you should never be able to beat a AA. Whoever you are, I hope to see you June 11-12.

Perk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perk,
I'm not sure who you are or if you were actually at that particular tournament.

As a side note, this problem is why I don't handicap match races...only the entry fees.

Whoever you are, I hope to see you June 11-12.

I was there and played in that event and will get out to as many of yours as I can.

I really like the entry fee adjustments rather than spots/games--same as Planet pool. I think this sorta polices the ratings and doesn't put as much pressure on the director for that initial rating. I am surprised you even got to play as a 'B' initially as you have those 'non recent' results easily findable on the web on the old Planet Pool tour--those finishes should of had you as an 'A' from the start. Just my opinion but I think in all handicapped sports if you move middle of the road players up it helps progress the lower levels.

Since your the tourney director of this new tour it was worth mentioning this to hear your response. Everyone wants to be rated lower than what they are and no none can blame them for that. As a director you get to make those hard decisions.

I hope to play your first event as I should be back from Michigan by that weekend.

~Perk

manfromoz

Banned
Sign-Up Online

That's great, Perk. I look forward to meeting you....again.

To everyone else, don't forget to visit www.actionpooltour.com to sign-up online for free Break & Run tickets. You don't have to pay your entry fee online; it is simply a sign-up and you will get added to the mailing list and receive free Break & Run tickets at the event. The event is still several weeks away and many people have already signed up. Don't wait!

manfromoz

Banned
Lots of people have confirmed that they are coming but have not signed up online. Don't forget to sign up online and get those free Break & Run tickets...it could be the difference between winning some cash or just watching someone else get their ticket drawn.

Sign-up at www.actionpooltour.com