The Bank Shot Calculator on Steroids??

Clyde Ellis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who among you AZers, would like to see the Bank Shot Calculator do more? For example, account for shot speed, shot angle, and English? I’m just throwing this question out there for market research. I’ve been playing with some ideas. I would love some feed back on the topic. BTW, I’m still looking for a Droid Programmer. If anybody knows one with the skills please have them email me. We're advertising on Droid forum but still, they could be anywhere.

Cheers all,
 
Clyde,

I haven't seen your product in person, but I definitely think anything that adds realism to the product would be valuable. I would also like to add, I would like to see two modes. One with all the bells and whistles for realism and one with simple geometry angles. JMO Hope this helps a little.
 
Clyde,

I haven't seen your product in person, but I definitely think anything that adds realism to the product would be valuable. I would also like to add, I would like to see two modes. One with all the bells and whistles for realism and one with simple geometry angles. JMO Hope this helps a little.

Thanks Jason,
The Geo Model is already available. The Bank Shot Calculator currently calculates angle in and angle out as congruent angles. I hope you get a chance to check it out. One rail banks, one rail kicks and two rail kicks on current model.
Thanks for the feed.
Cheers,
 
I would like to see where you don't have to pocket the ball. You have to pick the pocket you want and that's not always what you want to do with a kick shot.
 
I would like to see where you don't have to pocket the ball. You have to pick the pocket you want and that's not always what you want to do with a kick shot.

So you want to kick safe or bank safe? That's a great idea.
Thank You,
clyde
 
Who among you AZers, would like to see the Bank Shot Calculator do more? For example, account for shot speed, shot angle, and English? I’m just throwing this question out there for market research. I’ve been playing with some ideas. I would love some feed back on the topic. BTW, I’m still looking for a Droid Programmer. If anybody knows one with the skills please have them email me. We're advertising on Droid forum but still, they could be anywhere.

Cheers all,

Well for starters I think we’ll look at the shot angle. That seems to be the number one item affecting the natural angle. If the shot is straight on to the rail where the natural angle intersects, then center ball medium stroke will get you there. When the shot has to be cut forward or back by any given amount then that all changes. So I think we should program in the adjustments for that change. Maybe a little shot speed and English adjustment too. I am hoping to get this done by the time the APA gets to Vegas. I will tackle the safety play in version 3.0. I will keep everyone posted.
Thank you all for you input. This is sure to make the Bank Shot Calculator even greater!!
Cheers,
 
So you want to kick safe or bank safe? That's a great idea.
Thank You,
clyde

Just to be able to hit the ball and not have to tell it where the object will go. I have used your app a lot and its kind of annoying that you have to pick a pocket... sometimes it says the kick is not possible because of the pocket I had to choose.
 
Just to be able to hit the ball and not have to tell it where the object will go. I have used your app a lot and its kind of annoying that you have to pick a pocket... sometimes it says the kick is not possible because of the pocket I had to choose.

Hi Cleary,
Yes, you must tell it where you're trying to make the shot. The red flag comes up because the devise is calculating the natural angle. IE… angle in angle out are equal angles. If the side pocket for example is in the middle of the impact point then you get the red flag. It doesn’t take English into account. That’s what I’m working on know. Use the BSC and learn the natural angles. BSC 2.0 is coming soon and we’ll go beyond that.
Thanks,
 
Back
Top