The best non-pro player ever?

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, nice story about The Gun beating Whitey. But I can assure you they weren't playing even and maybe even something like 8/5 and the breaks. Whitey's wife was an attorney in Tacoma and they had a beautiful daughter. I knew Whitey well and he'd invite me over to dinner. I couldn't keep my eyes off his daughter and Whitey told me to back off and I did. He owned about three poolrooms in the Tacoma area and had the Valley Pool Table Franchise for Oregon, Washington and Idaho during that time early 60's until maybe early 70's. I could go on and on about Whitey stories but suffice it to say, he loved road players and many times helped them out. He committed suicide in the early 90's? I don't know what the circumstances were. His one road trip to LA ended up with him playing Rags Woods 14.1 at the old Tournament Billiards. In that room he won all the cash playing craps. His dice were pretty awesome.

As a part time pool player, he could get the job done. That hesitation/pause stroke of his made lots of players think he had no game.