The best sponsor for pool?

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You Keep mentioning think Global, think International, not just American.
IMO to have someone at the match table issuing the warnings/fouls etc and then NOT have an independent racker is pure American thinking.
Winner breaks, rack your own is a format only Americans are in favour of. So this will not appeal on a global market.
You appear to want to put on a professional show. Don't ruin it by not having a referee racking.
But generally I like your thinking.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don’t know glenn, you’ve been here before with 10 ball being the game, it didn’t go
over very well then either. And we all play 10 from time to time. So, I don’t know.

If you throw a bunch of money up, yep, it will draw the players.

You do have it right about the need for it to be entertaining, like someone said it
needs to be something that he can’t do and only a few can.

You’ve thought about this a lot wanting something big, I can dig it. Maybe it’s the
elimination format that doesn’t catch any attention beyond the players, hell, even the
players cut out after losing.

What’s going to hold the interest on a date or a day trip for those that don’t play?
What’s going to draw an interest in who wins?
It’s a big slot, it’s there.
The idea that it has to be a place dedicated only for these big games is correct.
You’re wanting this structure to have some authority; man, that something that just
doesn’t happen, it has to be respected.
I’m just pulling back the layers on 10 ball, the rotation – elimination format, why
would the masses arrive, there’s no risk, it’s not a contact - athletic sport.

Last Monday our opponents’ (team) was running late for our match from being at
Oaklawn - thoroughbred racing, and, I accepted that as reasonable - what’s up with
that - maybe cause the jockey club/racing format has a nice fit for billiards ...hmm.
Why would they chance a forfeit, at least the grief and razzing over being late from a
president day race? … and, they’re the first place team, stacked and the LO.
They walked in with about 5 min. to spear.

Something about desires has to be part of this big gig...

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do not laugh as I'm being dead serious , just wait and see. It's a company that either isn't here yet but more like than not a huge company like " Google " that just hasn't come out of the closet yet. I'll male this as short as possible . The country has been rapidly moving towards legalizing Marijuana for a decade now - picking up momentum exponentially last several years .

I can see full legalization within 3-8 years. It's gonna make the dot Com craze look like a child's piggy bank. While I'm doubtful Trump will get a second term I can just about assure you even if he does we will get the other side of the Isle after him. Not to mention I do honestly believe it's possible for him to push for it himself just for budget purposes too. For some reason many folks ( usually older folks ) downplay exactly how many people smoke. It's WAY WAY MORE then any of the official published estimates not even counting the medical patients. Once the flood gates open its gonna be on like Donkey Kong . In addition to that, the opiate thing will eventually be coming to a head and there are TONS and tons of legitimate medical applications for pot. Many have not even been discovered yet because big Pharma quashes every attempt at reserch. It WILL replace SOOO SOOO many artificial drugs used today it's crazy.

It is gonna touch almost every sector of business and our lives too. Self driving cars will be on the road sooner rather than later so that's a big worry that no one will have to worry about ( dwi ), massive medical applications as I said, full on recreation once the tiny stigma that is left is gone ( it pretty much so about ready ). Anyway, always talking about bringing youth into the game well this will do it as with the younger population is near 100% believing it should about ready ready be legal and as the few hold out old foggies die off it gonna be a near full concensus on the topic. The company that has the forethought and acts on this stands to make unheard of fortunes and you can believe the big boys are already on it ( and if any of yall are even half way serious investors you already know this good acts ready well lol .

In addition to this, the product also will be supplying us with clothing, building materials and fuel as well.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Beer sponsor. Some shit American brand like Budweiser or anything else mainstream from InBev. They have a shit ton of money and put a ton of it into marketing.

Not to mention the largest amateur pool league in the country is played mostly and bars... and they sell beer.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After listening to all you people, maybe instead of being the initial sponsor of the 16 Pro player only events to create the begining change pool needs at the Pro level, I'll just hang onto my $48,000 added money instead of wasting it on you pool players! And to think, i was planning on having an event every 3 months....i think I'll go fishing instead now.

Finally, something we can agree on. The fishing is awesome this time of year.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do not laugh as I'm being dead serious , just wait and see. It's a company that either isn't here yet but more like than not a huge company like " Google " that just hasn't come out of the closet yet. I'll male this as short as possible . The country has been rapidly moving towards legalizing Marijuana for a decade now - picking up momentum exponentially last several years .

I can see full legalization within 3-8 years. It's gonna make the dot Com craze look like a child's piggy bank. While I'm doubtful Trump will get a second term I can just about assure you even if he does we will get the other side of the Isle after him. Not to mention I do honestly believe it's possible for him to push for it himself just for budget purposes too. For some reason many folks ( usually older folks ) downplay exactly how many people smoke. It's WAY WAY MORE then any of the official published estimates not even counting the medical patients. Once the flood gates open its gonna be on like Donkey Kong . In addition to that, the opiate thing will eventually be coming to a head and there are TONS and tons of legitimate medical applications for pot. Many have not even been discovered yet because big Pharma quashes every attempt at reserch. It WILL replace SOOO SOOO many artificial drugs used today it's crazy.

It is gonna touch almost every sector of business and our lives too. Self driving cars will be on the road sooner rather than later so that's a big worry that no one will have to worry about ( dwi ), massive medical applications as I said, full on recreation once the tiny stigma that is left is gone ( it pretty much so about ready ). Anyway, always talking about bringing youth into the game well this will do it as with the younger population is near 100% believing it should about ready ready be legal and as the few hold out old foggies die off it gonna be a near full concensus on the topic. The company that has the forethought and acts on this stands to make unheard of fortunes and you can believe the big boys are already on it ( and if any of yall are even half way serious investors you already know this good acts ready well lol .

In addition to this, the product also will be supplying us with clothing, building materials and fuel as well.
... hmmm, I was thinking in the other direction, AA, Cancer Institutions, CDC,
ObamaCare, ya no, the easy money class, the free stuff. Your right though, I
wouldn't expect POTUS T Toke'm anytime soon, not even in the 7 years or so to go.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
After listening to all you people, maybe instead of being the initial sponsor of the 16 Pro player only events to create the begining change pool needs at the Pro level, I'll just hang onto my $48,000 added money instead of wasting it on you pool players! And to think, i was planning on having an event every 3 months....i think I'll go fishing instead now.

What are your alternate plans for the 48k? I'm assuming by putting this money into pool you are hoping for a return as well as helping the activity you love.

If you were planning on just blowing the 48k then I say, why not give it a shot on pool if that is your desire...

Don't get me wrong here, as a pool player and railbird, I'd love to watch more events with great players.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally, something we can agree on. The fishing is awesome this time of year.
That's funny. He must have inhaled a bunch of his super-super-super glue and thought he was the new Barry Hearn. Stuff must have finally worn off. ;):thumbup: