The BIG Mezz shaft thread!

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup yup just saw this too here are some details:

Thanks buddy :) I don`t read Japanese, so I wasn`t able to read the specs other than seeing that it came with a Zan tip (my favourite btw..) and that the ferrule looks like the regular NX one, with a length close to the one that`s on the Hybrid Alpha shaft.
I`m pretty sure I`m going to end up buying a shaft as I`m a huge fan of all things Mezz/Exceed.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I understand, this will be Mezz/Exceed's top model.
The Hybrid Pro II is about $350 in united joint configuration.
I'm guessing the EX shaft will be close to the $400 mark.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
From what I understand, this will be Mezz/Exceed's top model.
The Hybrid Pro II is about $350 in united joint configuration.
I'm guessing the EX shaft will be close to the $400 mark.

Wow sounds a lil pricy, maybe I'll stick with my WX700 for awhile lol.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw on Facebook that www.cue-shop.jp posted prices for the new EX shaft.
The EX shafts costs ¥34.200 while the Hybrid Pro II shafts costs ¥27.900
So as I said in the the first post about price, EX will be slightly higher priced than HPII. That means with todays currency rate, the difference in price is about $50 wich is in line with my earlier predictions.
I'm gonna buy a EX shaft when it hits the US/European market and when the shaft becomes available in 30inch length.
Looks to be an awesome shaft and I'm happy to see that the EX shaft comes standard with the best tip on the market. :)
Now I only want a Deep Impact Pro shaft with purpleheart core and all Mezz break/jump products fitted with a Taom tip :D

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Taom tips? and what exact price will the shaft be in $$$ Dollars $$$

Not sure about the price, but close to the $400 mark.
Taom tips is a new brand break/jump tips used by players like Mika Immonen and Jayson Shaw.
I've been using one on my Deep Impact Shaft, and it' s the best break tip I have ever tried!

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Not sure about the price, but close to the $400 mark.
Taom tips is a new brand break/jump tips used by players like Mika Immonen and Jayson Shaw.
I've been using one on my Deep Impact Shaft, and it' s the best break tip I have ever tried!

Interesting all I can find is their facebook.

Mezz USA

Exclusive Mezz Dist.
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for the kind words about Mezz cues and shafts!

Regarding the Exceed Ex Pro shaft - It's only been released in Japan and we have not received any in yet. We will have to check with Japan regarding it's availability and price. My understanding is that it's not as stiff as the Hybrid Pro 2 and the core construction is a little different. As we get more information I will add it to this thread.

Bruno, Caroline's #1 Assistant.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for the kind words about Mezz cues and shafts!

Regarding the Exceed Ex Pro shaft - It's only been released in Japan and we have not received any in yet. We will have to check with Japan regarding it's availability and price. My understanding is that it's not as stiff as the Hybrid Pro 2 and the core construction is a little different. As we get more information I will add it to this thread.

Bruno, Caroline's #1 Assistant.

Thanks Bruno. Feel free to keep us updated about Mezz shafts.

Gt2-To

Registered
We should see the EX Pro shaft in the US by April.

I tried the Zan Soft on my Hybrid pro shaft, very nice combination.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To Kim or any other WX900 user, what is your take on switching from a 314-2 to a WX900? I've played with Predator for about 4 years in total (I love the shaft) but I am very curious about the WX900. Please give me some input on what I can expect if I switch to the 900...Will the size be a big difference and would it be hard to adjust to the difference, etc. Thank you for your input(s)/ advice.