The BIG Mezz shaft thread!

LJhookem14

My friends call me LJ
Silver Member
I have a 30" WX700 w/ original Kamui Tan Medium and it weighs 4.27oz. - 18.5" balance point w/ Mezz butt.

Just purchased a new 30" WX900 which will be here this coming Wednesday or Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 30" WX700 w/ original Kamui Tan Medium and it weighs 4.27oz. - 18.5" balance point.

Just purchased a new 30" WX900 which will be here this coming Wednesday or Thursday.

Congratulations :smile:
Post your impressions when you have adjusted to you new shaft.

LJhookem14

My friends call me LJ
Silver Member
Congratulations :smile:

Post your impressions when you have adjusted to you new shaft.

Will do, I was down to the WX900 or ExPro but at 30" and a changed tip, the ExPro shaft was over $400 and that's just hard for me to wrap my head around.

I'll wait till maybe the end of the year when some used ExPro shafts start hitting the market.

Thanks for all your help Kim Bye in sharing your knowledge of Mezz products.

Gio Sr.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys. I have the EX Pro shaft. I am thinking of changing the tip to a Zan Hybrid Max. What change can I expect going from the stock soft to the ZHM. Thanks.

LJhookem14

My friends call me LJ
Silver Member
So I got the WX900 in and shot about 20 hours with it and I know that's not a lot of time but I didn't like the feel of it in my left hand. The hit feel was great but I'm just not used to 12mm.

I love my 12.5mm wx700 so what I decided to do was send back the wx900 and I went ahead and decided to upgrade to the 30" ExPro. I should have the new shaft by Monday.

I am not a fan of soft tips but I will give the Zan Premium Soft a chance but just in case I have a Zan Hybrid Max ready to go.

Gio Sr.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased a used Mezz EC7 with a Hybrid Pro 2 shaft. I just had to :D. I really wanted to see for myself the difference with the united joint and HP shaft and my wavy joint ExPro.. I may go up to a medium tip. We'll see. It should have it around Tuesday.

Gio Sr.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Ec7 w/ HP2 shaft Vs my CP-13SW B with ExPro wavy

My EC7/ HP2 (United) came today I went right down to the clubhouse and compared it to my CP13 SW/ wavy ExPro . Both are standard length. I played a couple hours so It is not a complete test. Right off I want to say there is no night and day or Metal joint vs wood to wood difference. I will say the the EC7 with the HP2 had a touch more feel and feedback . The Expro had a Ultraskin VS tip that is cut down a bit and the HP had a pretty thin original tip.

I do like the feel of the EC 7 Hp2 more . It felt like I had a little edge because of the feedback. I was doing a little better with long straight draw shots, not a bunch but enough for me to feel more confident. I will give it some more time but the EC7-HP2 is a keeper. I plan to replace the worn out tip with an Ultrakin SIB medium.

Now the decision. I originally bought the EC7 thinking I would put a break shaft on it if I didn't like the HP2. I never thought I would prefer the EC7/HP2. So I will probably sell the CP13 SW-B ExPro combo. I don't know but it looks like that's how it will turn out.

MalibuMike

Banned
Forget the Zan! Try Dennis Searing Tips! Awesome!

I think he means too dead compared to the kamui tips on the others. I have to agree with him I didn't like the ex pro when I first received it because I wasn't used to the tip. To the OP, I'm sure if u put the tip that you're accustomed to using everything will feel normal to u

Get Dennis Searing tips, Precision tips by a top cue maker!

A Toam to Break with on top!
The New Dennis Searing Precision Tip (Old Morri's,Talisman and G2's you will love this tip!)
And bottom an Onyx great for 14.1

So which shaft is better the Mezz Hybrid Pro II Shaft or the new Mezz EX Pro Shaft?
And I do not care to hear about Zan's! just shafts!

Attachments

• Taom.jpg
    Taom.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 2,063

MalibuMike

Banned
The Mezz Hybrid Pro II Shaft or the New Mezz EX Pro Shaft?

So which shaft is better the Mezz Hybrid Pro II Shaft or the new Mezz EX Pro Shaft? And I do not care to hear about tips! I'm putting a Dennis Searing Tip on it, Thanks!|
Mike

LJhookem14

My friends call me LJ
Silver Member
So which shaft is better the Mezz Hybrid Pro II Shaft or the new Mezz EX Pro Shaft? And I do not care to hear about tips! I'm putting a Dennis Searing Tip on it, Thanks!|

Mike

There are 3 top of the line Shafts: ExPro - HP2 - WX900

Both ExPro and HP2 are 12.5mm and WX900 is 12mm. IMO the ExPro is the top shaft Mezz makes and I'll even go as far to say it's the best LD shaft made regardless of manufacturer.

HP2 is the closest thing to the ExPro and might be a little stiffer than the ExPro.

See Kim Bye's post on his opinion in the ExPro.

Gio Sr.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike

In my post #151 I described my impression of the two I had. The thing is the Expro was a wavy joint and the HP2 is a united joint. The HP2 felt a touch more stiff.

I went from soft tips on both to a medium on the Expro and a Ultraskin HH (78) on the HP2, it improved the feed back on both. It was still hard to tell the difference, but I felt the HP2 gave me the feedback I liked. I play 8 & 9 ball.

I sold my CP13 SW with the Expro to fund a Mezz Kai and I plan to replace the standard shaft with a Pro H shaft.

redsvan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone had a chance to own/play extensively with the new EX pro shaft? It looks rather nice, but is too costly to buy without some actual reviews on them :embarrassed2: How does it feel compared to wx700? Softer, harder, stiffer? How does the new taper differ from that of wd/wx700 shafts?
Any input would be appreciated :)

Been playing with 29 expro united shaft and they are stiff er then Wx700 wx900 and hp2
And lessflex and less hook
30" united little more flex but it still goes straight org taper
29" taken down to 12.10mm 50cm taper rises about 1.4cm on 50 cmzan medium and grip hard and those 2 shaft
Still goes as straight as i could best there is on The market you could wish for more hook When playing on wor se condition like old balls not clean ebough and cloth that is worned out in those times you play the wd 700 or wx900 for the hook
Wavy 30" pro taper more feel than united joint this is due to steel joint on united mostly
There is a big difference in playabulity mostly joint but also the weight balance of the cues
And which you put the shafts also gives differance i tried them all
Like kamui black soft and ss but they get hard real fast
I know play with zan tips premium soft. Medium. And grip hard on 3 ex pro shafts all taken down 11.90-11-97 50cm taper on all 3
And grip hard it gives more spin and speed on The table
Medium is a medium tip
Premium soft its a soft tip only differance compared to other you barely miscue unless realy try to do it 1month a premium soft is put on it is a soft tip 6 months later
Its the same tip you put on 6 months ago quality shit i say kamui is good for 2-3weeks

redsvan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends on what you want the cue to do
But a medium zan+ is real nice and if you more its grip hard
But please dont rulle out premium soft (good shit)

redsvan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Medium + zan of course
Grip hard gives more speed and hook but its harder so cue well and kamui or magic chalk

playonepocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the largest diameter playing shaft Mezz offers? Specifically interested in the HP-II. Currently it is offered at 12.5MM - however, I used to own one and I recall it being 12.85MM. Were they ever available this size?

Thanks.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the largest diameter playing shaft Mezz offers? Specifically interested in the HP-II. Currently it is offered at 12.5MM - however, I used to own one and I recall it being 12.85MM. Were they ever available this size?

Thanks.

I guess you can special order one in 12.8mm 12.5mm is standard. Hybrid Alpha is 12.8mm but has a different taper.