Then I wouldn't recommend playing golf.
Can you spell F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-O-N???
The worst thing is, it's addictive, like heroin. Once you start, you'll never be able to quit. Why? Because, during a round of golf where you hit 120 bad shots, you will hit 1 or 2 great shots that will make you feel like Tiger Woods, and you'll think, "yeah, I can play this game". That will keep you coming back for more punishment, week in, week out.
And it's a more expensive hobby than pool because:
1. You can't put a golf course in your basement to save on greens fees.
2. You have to buy 14 different cues.
3. You have to buy your own balls and replace them often. Why? Because you tend lose them at an alarming rate, especially when you are a beginner plagued with the dreaded Hydrophobia (fear of water hazards). Imagine an evening out playing pool. You start with 15 balls, play 18 games of 8 ball, only to find you have only 9 balls left!
4. You have to buy tees to place the ball on when teeing off. Unless you want to try hitting your driver off the ground (not recommended).
5. You need special shoes, like baseball cleats only not as fashionable (and more expensive).
6. Unless you belong to a country club (greater expense there), you'll have to play in a "foursome", meaning your embarrassment at not being able to play well will be witnessed by at least two other people besides your husband, not to mention alot of squirrels. And make no mistake about it, the squirrels DO laugh at you!
7. Unless you like blisters, you'll have to wear a glove. Granted a small expense, but an expense nonetheless.
8. While not required, I have never seen anyone resist the temptation to buy "matching" accessories to go with their golf bag and clubs. I'm talking towels, ball markers, gloves, personalized balls, brushes (for cleaning mud out of the grooves in the club head), ball mark fixers, etc.
But other than that, it's a great game. I love it.