The Great Francis L.Roberts aka St Louie Louie the memories stories . Positive memories

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't know him well. He stayed in my back room for a week once. I played him in a Grady tournament when he was not at his best. I asked Grady if we should play later and he said it won't be any better. Sadly I beat him easily. I have seen him when he was at his best though and few played better. He was hard to not like, at leat in my experience.
This is kinda where Oklahoma great James Walden is at right now. Not in a good place at all. Doesn't play at all afaik. Sad to see such a warrior in such a state.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Louie playin KC gambler Gary Seville at the famous Cue-n-Cushion in St. Louis. This WAS Louie, shoot straight and talk shit at the same time. Colorful cat. RIP straightshooter.
Not a slow player at all...I like this guy. RIP Mr. Roberts.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In part 3 of the Vid around 25mins into it..
Is that Tom Ferry that gets on the next table?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Louie playin KC gambler Gary Seville at the famous Cue-n-Cushion in St. Louis. This WAS Louie, shoot straight and talk shit at the same time. Colorful cat. RIP straightshooter.

Haven't watch the clip in years but as I recall there are cameos by STL stalwarts: Bill "The Professor" Hendricks, Iranian Billy, and Dean Higgs in this video.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it is
I could barley recognize him with the video quality.
Wonder what the game and bet was?
We all know he never stepped to a table just to knock em around.

Didn't know him well at all but was told he had a home table he would do his practice.
I really can't remember seeing him play. Probably did but my memory fails me.

Sat next to him so many times @ C&C as a rail bird I can't remember/count either.