The Job Of The Day

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was todays install, I love it when they look this good... This is a Medlist we finnished restoring about two weeks ago. Man, that was a long two weeks to wait to see her done.

Attachments

• medlist 027.jpg
    medlist 027.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 423
  • medlist 008.jpg
    medlist 008.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Good looking table' how's it play? New cushions?
-
Rob.M
Thanks
Custemer was not much of a player it was a family table but it just seemed to me it was just another thing. She's not going to get the love she should. Table playes fine, new Brunswic super speed, and standard cloth.. It's a little slow for me but you get what you pay for.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Table looks good, but what did you have to do to restore it, have any pictures of that being done?

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table looks good, but what did you have to do to restore it, have any pictures of that being done?

Sorry no before pics... As usual the legs are where we had most of our time, every glue joint was bad. They have eight pieces af wood each with cross banding on all sides.
The rails were near perfict all the way down to the name plate. It was however converted from carom to pool sometime in it's life. The work was so good it looked like a factory conversion but lacked the telltale signs of factory work.
The frame was in okay shape, only had to replace cross banding on inside and blocks. We were fortunate to save the bookmatch walnut on the body and with straight grain on the legs. We got lucky, can't find walnut veneer like that these days.

Thanks for looking...

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sorry no before pics... As usual the legs are where we had most of our time, every glue joint was bad. They have eight pieces af wood each with cross banding on all sides.
The rails were near perfict all the way down to the name plate. It was however converted from carom to pool sometime in it's life. The work was so good it looked like a factory conversion but lacked the telltale signs of factory work.
The frame was in okay shape, only had to replace cross banding on inside and blocks. We were fortunate to save the bookmatch walnut on the body and with straight grain on the legs. We got lucky, can't find walnut veneer like that these days.

Thanks for looking...

The reason I asked if you had any before pictures is because it always helps the viewers understand more of what you do if they can see what the table looked like before anything was done to it, to the finished table. Restored can mean any where from very little work done, to an extensive amout of work done. It's kind of like showing rails that have been rebuilt, the finished product looks even better, if the rails looked like they should have been thrown away instead of rebuilt...then all of a sudden, there they are all pretty and looking ready to be played on again. But, that's just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Glen

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Thanks
Custemer was not much of a player it was a family table but it just seemed to me it was just another thing. She's not going to get the love she should. Table playes fine, new Brunswic super speed, and standard cloth.. It's a little slow for me but you get what you pay for.

-
Did the superspeed k55 cushion fit rite up with was existing? If so,as you mentioned someone converted the table from carom to pool. How long ago do you estimate that was done?
-thx
Rob.M

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reason I asked if you had any before pictures is because it always helps the viewers understand more of what you do if they can see what the table looked like before anything was done to it, to the finished table. Restored can mean any where from very little work done, to an extensive amout of work done. It's kind of like showing rails that have been rebuilt, the finished product looks even better, if the rails looked like they should have been thrown away instead of rebuilt...then all of a sudden, there they are all pretty and looking ready to be played on again. But, that's just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Glen

I agree... Regretably I have none of this project and wish we had taken pics of the legs being rebuilt. Ido have a few on my phone that show an old veneer panel I will post as soon as I am able. Need to get off my ass and buy a cable. We do have a large portfoilo of years worth of work, will post some when I have a chance to.
My partner has just left a retail shop, I am just getting back into the biz so we are trying to put together a new shop, do service work and we have three antiques stacked up to be done.

Thanks for the input... Dave

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-
Did the superspeed k55 cushion fit rite up with was existing? If so,as you mentioned someone converted the table from carom to pool. How long ago do you estimate that was done?
-thx
Rob.M

The K55 fit fine, the antique carom rubber and modern K55 profile are very close. The conversion happend 1940s??? I am just guessing.

Catalyze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very gorgeous old Brunswick!
Thanks for the photos especially the framework. It is impressive to see the massive amount of wood in those tables. 2 slices of pie for you tonight!
Craig