The Mosconi Cup Tick List 2018

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although heavily interested in the Mosconi Cup, I can't follow the late matches here in Europe. So I was excited to read the score this morning (2 - 8).

But it es also quite exciting to read all the comments here on AZB, although they keep repeating themselves every year (OK - the last seven years :embarrassed2:). If we would make a list, we could just tick the topics off every year :

A. We (USA) are loosing because:
-We have the wrong captain
- We have the wrong attitude
- We are not acting as a team
- We have the wrong leage system
- Because player ABC (put any good US player in that did't make it) is not there

B. Should player YXZ (put in a good member of team Europe) not be in our (USA) team instead, as XYZ plays also sometimes in the US?

C. Could we not claim a fould because player XYZ (European)
- put his cue on the table while the CB was still moving
- was sharking
- took off the glove too early

D. Player XYZ has a bad attitude (put in the best European player), because he:
- Shook hands with his opponent too late
- Celebrated too early
- Cheered up the crowd
- Smiled
- Didn't smile

E. (mandatory):
- We need Earl

BTW: Quite a few that currently vote for D also want E : :grin::grin:

Sorry guys - I could't resist :cool:

Now back to the reasons: I think it is quite simple: The Europeans make less mistakes (at the moment). They are used to play short races in their leagues and any mistake there is leathal. ... oh ... and they have a few good players, too.

Now please guys - don't take it too serious

Edit: My deepest respect to ALL the players! If you are playing in THE event, in an arena in the blazing light, in fromt of the cameras and thousands of people - you feel the weight on your shoulders. Most of us 8posters) would just shit in their pants!

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although heavily interested in the Mosconi Cup, I can't follow the late matches here in Europe. So I was excited to read the score this morning (2 - 8).

But it es also quite exciting to read all the comments here on AZB, although they keep repeating themselves every year (OK - the last seven years :embarrassed2:). If we would make a list, we could just tick the topics off every year :

- Because player ABC (put any good US player in that did't make it) is not there

B. Should player YXZ (put in a good member of team Europe) not be in our (USA) team instead, as XYZ plays also sometimes in the US?

- was sharking

- Celebrated too early
- Cheered up the crowd
- Smiled
- Didn't smile

E. (mandatory):
- We need Earl

Now back to the reasons: I think it is quite simple: The Europeans make less mistakes. They are used to play short races in their leagues and any mistake there is leathal. ... oh ... and they have a few good players, too.

+1 Good post. True and funny.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

- was sharking

- Celebrated too early
- Cheered up the crowd
- Smiled
- Didn't smile

E. (mandatory):
- We need Earl

Now back to the reasons: I think it is quite simple: The Europeans make less mistakes (at the moment). They are used to play short races in their leagues and any mistake there is leathal. ... oh ... and they have a few good players, too.

Edit: My deepest respect to ALL the players! If you are playing in THE event, in an arena in the blazing light, in fromt of the cameras and thousands of people - you feel the weight on your shoulders. Most of us 8posters) would just shit in their pants!

You forgot Canada! ;)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uhh...coz we are busy inventing the tv and the internet and things that move the world, unlike across the pond where they only make good things to eat.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, and sexual harrassment. We are perfecting that too.

And a wall. We are gonna build a wall. Mexico is going to pay for it.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dont forget

Dont forget move the capitol Jerusalem. Pool capital of Trumpville it will be the greatest.

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have a guess :D

Time difference is 9 hours. So they play at night time.

@ JolietJames - Thank you for your humorous input. :D

really?
im in the middle of europe and it was at prime time......why do you think they start at 11am local time?

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uhh...coz we are busy inventing the tv and the internet and things that move the world, unlike across the pond where they only make good things to eat.

TV - 1887 Ferdinand Braun & Jonathan Zennek - Germany :grin:
Internet - March, 12th, 1989 Tim Berners-Lee - CERN, Switzerland :grin::grin:

... but you have better steaks :grin::grin::grin:

Last edited: