The Oklahoma Roots of One Pocket - eBook Available for Purchase on Amazon

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
When I think of that area, I think of Bar Table Pool, some of the best box players came from that midwestern area. There were ten of em at one time.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just skimmed the book. Interesting you mention there was more 3C tables than Pool tables before WWll.
Harry Sims told me the same thing but till now I've never heard anyone mention it.

BTW I played (by myself) 3C on the table shown on your book cover. Maybe 30 years ago.
Wonder if it survived the Tornado that hit Joplin a few years back.

RabbiHippie

"Look! A real hippie!"
Silver Member
Just skimmed the book. Interesting you mention there was more 3C tables than Pool tables before WWll.
Harry Sims told me the same thing but till now I've never heard anyone mention it.

BTW I played (by myself) 3C on the table shown on your book cover. Maybe 30 years ago.
Wonder if it survived the Tornado that hit Joplin a few years back.
Interesting that you played on that same Corners table, Bill @3kushn, that long ago.

Yes, it survived the tornado because I photographed it at O K Bar & Billiards fairly recently. Maybe in 2022.

I didn't play on the Corners table myself but watched a doubles game among locals while I was there. I picked up on the fact they were playing with the pockets at the HEAD of the table instead of the foot and knew my One Pocket knowledge wouldn't transfer so easily.

Reactions: bbb

RabbiHippie

"Look! A real hippie!"
Silver Member
Everyone who purchases the Kindle eBook ... Hold on to your receipt and I'll give a discount on signed and numbered print copies when they're available.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
You’ve done an amazing job with your research and certainly opened my eyes — and I’m not your average Joe in terms of knowledge of 1P history!! Very interesting insight into early One Pocket history, and the players involved — some I was well aware of but a lot that I was not.

RabbiHippie

"Look! A real hippie!"
Silver Member
You’ve done an amazing job with your research and certainly opened my eyes — and I’m not your average Joe in terms of knowledge of 1P history!! Very interesting insight into early One Pocket history, and the players involved — some I was well aware of but a lot that I was not.
Thanks, Steve. I give you and Cincy props in the Preface. I also listed you as official Photographer on the catalog entry along with R. A. "Jake" Dyer for the Foreword.

Reactions: bbb