The only video you need about aiming.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
...and i don't recall claiming CTE doesn't work. I'm surprised you struggled with Poolology. It very cut and dry. I'll assume it must have been cue delivery issues. Which of course no system can help with.

What questions...? The ones where you asking for equipment types and shot selections..? It's your video so you'd be the best person to answer your own questions. ...and just so you can't continue to be naive about which we're speaking. Here's a link to your video. Hopefully this will jog your memory.

I care about you about a little bit less then you care about me. The fact is, you've made yourself a front man for the CTE system. If Cookie was doing it rather than you, then my inquiries would be directed toward him.

I haven't seen a video demonstration of CTE that has me saying wow yet. I'm currently viewing Stan's "Truth Series" on You Tube. Maybe I'll reach a part that will stir that type of reaction. That said, a strong player making shots isn't impressive. A weak player applying a system and experiencing a high success rate on difficult shots is something worth seeing.

This is why I purposely ignored the target pocket when initially trying out Poolology. If the system worked then the ball placement is what matters, not the pocket. I don't mean to compare CTE to Poolology. Just my extremely short experience and 100% success with Poolology and your extensive experience with CTE and rather poor results in video linked earlier.

Right on... ...and the only reason you believe I'm knocking you is because your internet skin has been beaten to a pulp by others on this forum. You're simply conditioned to assuming you're being attacked if someone either doesn't agree or simply questions your choosen system. I'm not knocking you. I'm trying to get a sense of your choosen system.
So you didn't even bother to listen to what I was saying during that segment. I said exactly what I have said here. Had you listened then you would have known the answers to your questions. You would have correctly understood that in that segment I picked deliberately difficult shots to illustrate that with cte I am not guessing.

Sure I can apply it lazily or even incorrectly. I can also see the lines wrong, that's the human part of the process. I could be aiming dead perfect and dog the shot with a tiny mishit.

Also when I do these videos I tend to get a little excited and for sure that causes some misses.

Had you listened though you wouldn't have singled me out because you would have understood my role as cheerleader rather than player rep.

As for me being a front man, nope not at all. Just a user who understands the value of what he is recommending.

If I do another video where I make every shot will that be sufficiently impressive? Stan making every shot has not been so I don't know how I could be more influential in any way by making everything I shoot at. I can promise that if I could make everything I shoot at then no one here would be reading a single word from me. I would be too busy playing in every event I could get to.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I miss too... Looks like I'm closer to being a pro then I realize.

I fixed that for you.

Show me one...? To flip your argument back on you. You have yet to show me a video that has evidence of a player making an "amazing" shot while purposely using the CTE system. You can claim they are, just like I can claim they're using ghost ball.

No I'm not. Once again I'll point out that you have made yourself a front man for the system. Whether that was your intent, I do not know. However you are, and subsequently you going to have to expect comments directed to you.

You asked once, and although you're obviously pretending to be naive, I have included the link to the video in question that can also be found in the one CTE thread you seem not to be paying attention to.

See above...

You're right. Could simply be the wrong button pressed. I'm ok with that answer. However I still would not have expected such a large failure rate. Even with basic HAMB trial and error I would have expected at least 50% success.

Haven't seen an example. I have zero doubt it exists. Just haven't seen it yet. I have watched Dave Parks play very well in the past and I know he subscribes to CTE. Never do ntoice him applying the system though.

I know it's hard for you to come to terms with it, but I like many others don't have an agenda.

Then mission complete... Well done... When you finally stumble across the one thread in the aiming forum that you haven't opened. You'll find I give you props for posting a less than excellent example of CTE.

Not at all... Again, your just the fellow kind enough to post content.

Well I doubt I'll ever have a valid opinion then. I'm willing and currently watching Stan's YT vids, and doing my best to follow along. As I have said prior. I'm not willing to alter my PSR to the extent I would have to, to use CTE. However that does not mean I won't make an effort to understand the method. Even if you think it's pointless.
Great. Had a Taiwanese pool coach who watched Stan's dvd for thirty minutes and he said, "it works".

I will be quite interested to see what questions you have for mohrt and the others who are better and more disciplined than I am.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I fixed that for you.

Show me one...? To flip your argument back on you. You have yet to show me a video that has evidence of a player making an "amazing" shot while purposely using the CTE system. You can claim they are, just like I can claim they're using ghost ball.

No I'm not. Once again I'll point out that you have made yourself a front man for the system. Whether that was your intent, I do not know. However you are, and subsequently you going to have to expect comments directed to you.

You asked once, and although you're obviously pretending to be naive, I have included the link to the video in question that can also be found in the one CTE thread you seem not to be paying attention to.

See above...

You're right. Could simply be the wrong button pressed. I'm ok with that answer. However I still would not have expected such a large failure rate. Even with basic HAMB trial and error I would have expected at least 50% success.

Haven't seen an example. I have zero doubt it exists. Just haven't seen it yet. I have watched Dave Parks play very well in the past and I know he subscribes to CTE. Never do ntoice him applying the system though.

I know it's hard for you to come to terms with it, but I like many others don't have an agenda.

Then mission complete... Well done... When you finally stumble across the one thread in the aiming forum that you haven't opened. You'll find I give you props for posting a less than excellent example of CTE.

Well I doubt I'll ever have a valid opinion then. I'm willing and currently watching Stan's YT vids, and doing my best to follow along. As I have said prior. I'm not willing to alter my PSR to the extent I would have to, to use CTE. However that does not mean I won't make an effort to understand the method. Even if you think it's pointless.
Pretending to be naive? So you're a mind reader now? Look I do dozens of videos and I miss a lot so how on earth would I possibly know what video you are referring to when you make comments without a link to the video? You chose to make a specific comment like missed 14 shots in a row, which is unlikely, and I asked for the video so that I could understand what I was doing to miss that many in a row. Turns out, I didn't, unless there is another segment that you saw that you didn't show us.

Turns out I was showing some severe cuts to the side.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
So you didn't even bother to listen to what I was saying during that segment. I said exactly what I have said here. Had you listened then you would have known the answers to your questions. You would have correctly understood that in that segment I picked deliberately difficult shots to illustrate that with cte I am not guessing.

Sure I can apply it lazily or even incorrectly. I can also see the lines wrong, that's the human part of the process. I could be aiming dead perfect and dog the shot with a tiny mishit.

Also when I do these videos I tend to get a little excited and for sure that causes some misses.

Had you listened though you wouldn't have singled me out because you would have understood my role as cheerleader rather than player rep.

As for me being a front man, nope not at all. Just a user who understands the value of what he is recommending.

If I do another video where I make every shot will that be sufficiently impressive? Stan making every shot has not been so I don't know how I could be more influential in any way by making everything I shoot at. I can promise that if I could make everything I shoot at then no one here would be reading a single word from me. I would be too busy playing in every event I could get to.

I think JV's point was this:

Even though you clarified in the beginning of the video that you were only a "cheerleader", it was not a good video to make people think, "Wow, CTE is awesome!"

The videos that make it look awesome are typically those where professional level players are drilling balls from all over the table. It would be more impressive for a non-pro level player who's been working with system for a while to make a video where 11 of 14 balls is pocketed, not missed.

I think JV's point was this:

Even though you clarified in the beginning of the video that you were only a "cheerleader", it was not a good video to make people think, "Wow, CTE is awesome!"

The videos that make it look awesome are typically those where professional level players are drilling balls from all over the table. It would be more impressive for a non-pro level player who's been working with system for a while to make a video where 11 of 14 balls is pocketed, not missed.
Per that video, why would any newbie or novice want to give CTE any consideration? John Barton has been involved with it for many years & could not even make a simple cross side bank shot. He made only 3 of 14 shots for a mere 21.5% success rate. I am not saying that a cheerleader, coach, or instructor has to be proficient with what they are espousing, but John Barton "IS" a player who has been playing the game for decades, etc. His actions in that video were completely contrary to his words & being close is not even good enough in competitive horse shoes. CTE is supposed to dictate to the shooter the shot line for center pocket. Mr. Barton could not even pocket slop balls in.

John Barton should realize that he is NOT a good sales person/cheerleader for CTE. He does more harm in many ways than he does any good for CTE. Imagine if you were demonstrating Poolology & called out the fractional overlaps but the balls were consistently hitting the rails instead of the pockets.

Poolology is a great tool for beginners, novices, & even experienced players because it is based in the reality of science, unlike CTE.
Poolology works right out of the box with no experience with it needed at all. That is really a requirement for an objective system...
& Poolology meets that requirement even if the practical use of it with the rounding off & tweaking put it into the subjective realm which is where ALL such methods truly are.

You did a great job with the development of Poolology.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Per that video, why would any newbie or novice want to give CTE any consideration? John Barton has been involved with it for many years & could not even make a simple cross side bank shot. He made only 3 of 14 shots for a mere 21.5% success rate. I am not saying that a cheerleader, coach, or instructor has to be proficient with what they are espousing, but John Barton "IS" a player who has been playing the game for decades, etc. His actions in that video were completely contrary to his words & being close is not even good enough in competitive horse shoes. CTE is supposed to dictate to the shooter the shot line for center pocket. Mr. Barton could not even pocket slop balls in.

John Barton should realize that he is NOT a good sales person/cheerleader for CTE. He does more harm in many ways than he does any good for CTE. Imagine if you were demonstrating Poolology & called out the fractional overlaps but the balls were consistently hitting the rails instead of the pockets.

Poolology is a great tool for beginners, novices, & even experienced players because it is based in the reality of science, unlike CTE.
Poolology works right out of the box with no experience with it needed at all. That is really a requirement for an objective system...
& Poolology meets that requirement even if the practical use of it with the rounding off & tweaking put it into the subjective realm which is where ALL such methods truly are.

Thank you.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I fixed that for you.

See above...

so a player claiming to be use CTE is ONLY using CTE when they miss? Don't act like you haven't seen the many videos I and others have posted of players running out using CTE.

But here you go since you "missed" them the first hundred times they were posted.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Why because YOU say so? I bet more people have decided to try CTE because of my videos than you can imagine. I have personally helped dozens of people and conversed with hundreds over the years helping them on their CTE learning path.

My WORDS were 100% consistent with my actions and my stance on the subejct.

You have not and WILL NOT give credit to those who make all the shots they take in their videos on CTE. If I am wrong say so RIGHT NOW.

Here I will write it FOR YOU.

"Stan Shuffett and others have demonstrated amazing shot making prowess using the CTE method with at times a 100% or close to 100% success rate for the shots they have demonstrated on video. Therefore based on this success rate CTE is a great and valid system to use."

There you go, just copy and paste that.

As for poolology I am confident that you have never even tried it. Just a guess but I bet it's a good one. And yes Brian did a good job in developing a system that some people can use "right out of the box" so to speak. Others have not grasped poolology right away and so Brian has made extra instructive videos and explanations.

Some people have understood and implemented CTE right out of the box. What does that signify to you? See the points you make, INTENDED to troll me, are baseless junk opinion and not scientific at all.

But since you provide the opening let's run with it.

If you want to count shots made let's see how committed to the data and FAIR you are?

Your comment about parallel shots.

Bet you won't count the shots and give us the make percentages.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Shall I continue? Collectively these videos and more covering CTE have hundreds of thousands of views. You want to claim that I can't "sell" CTE because I missed some shots in one of my videos.....I guess then that these other players will have to take care of the demos then and I will continue to cheerlead.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
so a player claiming to be use CTE is ONLY using CTE when they miss? Don't act like you haven't seen the many videos I and others have posted of players running out using CTE.

But here you go since you "missed" them the first hundred times they were posted.

Wow you are all over the place...lol. I have never seen a video of you running out. Just the same old demo sales pitch, knocking ghost ball with a horrible stroke but making a decent amount of shots with CTE with a straight arm.

I have seen countless videos of other players running out. None of which have them touting the use of CTE.

The curtain crap isn't all that impressive. Anyone with solid time on a table could reproduce that, system or not. If and when I happen to have a coat rack and a drop sheet near my table room, I'll make my own vid accomplishing the same feat.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Wow you are all over the place...lol. I have never seen a video of you running out. Just the same old demo sales pitch, knocking ghost ball with a horrible stroke but making a decent amount of shots with CTE with a straight arm.

I have seen countless videos of other players running out. None of which have them touting the use of CTE.

The curtain crap isn't all that impressive. Anyone with solid time on a table could reproduce that, system or not. If and when I happen to have a coat rack and a drop sheet near my table room, I'll make my own vid accomplishing the same feat.
LOL, but my missing shots is enough to dump on me and CTE. Must be nice to be in position where you can cherry pick what "evidence" you want to use in your evaluation.

I posted 8 videos of people making what they shoot at. All using CTE. Ignored and derided by you.

You will NEVER EVER duplicate Stan's curtain videos. Never. But if you want to try and you do duplicate them I will PAY YOU $1000. Go ahead and duplicate each one of them with the same set up and the same shots and make sure we can see that you have not doctored anything. I will create a committee of folks not involved in this debate to judge whether you achieved making all the shots without cutting the video and without any trickery. This is not a bet, just a challenge. I saw him do it live and in person on demand. I understand the value in what the CTE system holds. It trips me out that people think that this is some kind of gimmick when CLEARLY the addition of a blocking curtain makes every one of the shots tougher.

Here you go, get that money.

Last edited:

Barton just does not get it. Now he has made a challenge & does not understand that the success or failure would prove nothing regarding whether or not the asserted claims about SS's CTE are Scientifically True or Bogus.

Can he do what he has challenged using CTE. I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
LOL, but my missing shots is enough to dump on me and CTE. Must be nice to be in position where you can cherry pick what "evidence" you want to use in your evaluation.
I haven't dumbed on you. You posted a video displaying the CTE method and missed the large majority of your attempts. I openly stated that the shots you attempted were moderately difficult side and that I respected your willingness to post a video that had less than stellar results. Not sure how that equates to dumping on you. I did asked a question about subjective adjustments, and now here we are. Oh maybe that's it.... Does the question mark '?' for you akin to the middle finger...? I back spaced that last line to remove "CTE users" because I don't think it right to group your attitude in with them.
I posted 8 videos of people making what they shoot at. All using CTE. Ignored and derided by you.
You posted 1 video in the post that contained my quote. If you wanted me to comment on the others then you could have simply asked or included a request in that quote.

I did watch them and I was impressed by series of banks. Probably because I could clearly notice the CTE pivot and I'm not a great banker, so would probably only go 60% myself on that drill.
You will NEVER EVER duplicate Stan's curtain videos. Never. But if you want to try and you do duplicate them I will PAY YOU $1000. Go ahead and duplicate each one of them with the same set up and the same shots and make sure we can see that you have not doctored anything. I will create a committee of folks not involved in this debate to judge whether you achieved making all the shots without cutting the video and without any trickery. This is not a bet, just a challenge. I saw him do it live and in person on demand. I understand the value in what the CTE system holds. It trips me out that people think that this is some kind of gimmick when CLEARLY the addition of a blocking curtain makes every one of the shots tougher.

Here you go, get that money.

:)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Barton just does not get it. Now he has made a challenge & does not understand that the success or failure would prove nothing regarding whether or not the asserted claims about SS's CTE are Scientifically True or Bogus.

Can he do what he has challenged using CTE. I SERIOUSLY doubt it.
No I can't and nor have I claimed that I can. Simply put I am NOT disciplined enough to do it as well as Stan and others have done. I tend to go too fast and half-ass the aim and thus my attempts at doing it have not been great. However I might try some again since Stan has refined CTE and the new steps work even better for me and I have found a renewed enthusiasm to really be super focused when I play. I promise to focus much more so that I can get your endorsement since you seem to think that making shots means CTE works. Or did I get that wrong and you ONLY think that missing shots means CTE doesn't work and not the inverse.

IF you had ANY reading comprehension of note then you would understand the CONTEXT in which I made the challenge which I generously offered to pay a reward for completing. The JV stated that ANYONE can do the curtain demos with only sufficient table time. And he said he might do them. So I said I think he can't and won't do them. So all that is needed to prove me wrong is for him to step up and duplicate Stan's demos by making all the shots first try on uncut unedited video.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

It's hard to do with random shots, but fairly easy when using setup shots, especially when only 6 or 7 cut angles are being used. I made 12 out of 15 when I tried the exact shots Stan setup.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I haven't dumbed on you. You posted a video displaying the CTE method and missed the large majority of your attempts. I openly stated that the shots you attempted were moderately difficult side and that I respected your willingness to post a video that had less than stellar results. Not sure how that equates to dumping on you. I did asked a question about subjective adjustments, and now here we are. Oh maybe that's it.... Does the question mark '?' for you akin to the middle finger...? I back spaced that last line to remove "CTE users" because I don't think it right to group your attitude in with them.

You posted 1 video in the post that contained my quote. If you wanted me to comment on the others then you could have simply asked or included a request in that quote.

I did watch them and I was impressed by series of banks. Probably because I could clearly notice the CTE pivot and I'm not a great banker, so would probably only go 60% myself on that drill.

:)
Again you didn't bother to LISTEN to the commentary. When I missed I missed small, within a half ball or less and noted that. When I aimed wrong and missed I noted that and made the correction.

Honestly WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??????????

I have said forever that a pool shot has TWO parts. Aiming and Execution. A player can be aimed DEAD PERFECT and miss. I have seen Bustamante and Daulton and Efren and other pros miss nearly straight in two foot shots. Shit happens.

You know Hal Houle was actually right. He told me not to get into it with people online about his systems because there are those who would spoil the journey with their criticisms. I have NEVER had a bad experience discussing CTE in person on the table. I have had people come to me at shows and ask me for help with CTE and I have taken the time to find a table and help them and they have thanked me.

You people suck all the fun out of sharing. You really really do. Collectively I have around 890,000 views on my CTE videos. I have thousands of inquiries outside of AZB that I have responded to helping people learn CTE.

The general conversations about objective aiming systems has sparked many others to create or refine other aiming systems, some with similarities to Hal's methods. Only here is there a true cesspool of knockers looking for everything that they think that they can latch onto to knock. But credit for top performances using CTE is NEVER EVER GIVEN by the knockers. NEVER.

Instead they always say oh he was already good. Or they imply that the shooter is LYING and not using CTE. Or they say well it's ONLY because of subconscious adjustment. Shit if you have a 1-2-3 step method that is so effing great at making your subconscious SOMEHOW pick the right line then that's a totally badass system.

This is all REALLY EASY. If you don't like CTE then just STFU about it. That's it. Let the people who want to talk about it do so in peace and keep the crap to yourself.

987 people are in this facebook group and enjoying discussing CTE with no knockers or haters. But on AZB the knocker club is in full effect. You claim that you aren't knocking but in fact you are. You take one group of shots done casually and plot the stats for a number of shots (I haven't even counted to see if you're even right) and IGNORE all the videos of all the people making tons of shots using CTE as contrast.

Anyway here is me making 44 balls in order using CTE.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It's hard to do with random shots, but fairly easy when using setup shots, especially when only 6 or 7 cut angles are being used. I made 12 out of 15 when I tried the exact shots Stan setup.
You have a good objective aiming system. I would expect you to be able to get close or duplicate.

No I can't and nor have I claimed that I can. Simply put I am NOT disciplined enough to do it as well as Stan and others have done. I tend to go too fast and half-ass the aim and thus my attempts at doing it have not been great. However I might try some again since Stan has refined CTE and the new steps work even better for me and I have found a renewed enthusiasm to really be super focused when I play. I promise to focus much more so that I can get your endorsement since you seem to think that making shots means CTE works. Or did I get that wrong and you ONLY think that missing shots means CTE doesn't work and not the inverse.

IF you had ANY reading comprehension of note then you would understand the CONTEXT in which I made the challenge which I generously offered to pay a reward for completing. The JV stated that ANYONE can do the curtain demos with only sufficient table time. And he said he might do them. So I said I think he can't and won't do them. So all that is needed to prove me wrong is for him to step up and duplicate Stan's demos by making all the shots first try on uncut unedited video.
I sincerely hope that you find a means of improvement via the new procedures. Maybe they will slow you down & yield something better.

If you had any reading comprehension of note, then you would understand that I did not say you missing 11 of 14 shots was "proof" of anything.

That said, you are NOT a good representative. You ARE a Pool Player & have been at CTE for MANY YEARS & you have been to Mr. Shuffett's Facility for Private attention. Yet... when trying to show how good SS's CTE is supposed to be you miss 11 of 14 shots & could not make a rather simple cross side bank shot.

Is anyone supposed to be puling out $100 dollar bills to buy The Book? Based on that video, why would they.

It proves nothing other than you are not a good representative of SS's CTE.

Again you didn't bother to LISTEN to the commentary. When I missed I missed small, within a half ball or less and noted that. When I aimed wrong and missed I noted that and made the correction.

Honestly WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??????????

I have said forever that a pool shot has TWO parts. Aiming and Execution. A player can be aimed DEAD PERFECT and miss. I have seen Bustamante and Daulton and Efren and other pros miss nearly straight in two foot shots. Shit happens.

You know Hal Houle was actually right. He told me not to get into it with people online about his systems because there are those who would spoil the journey with their criticisms. I have NEVER had a bad experience discussing CTE in person on the table. I have had people come to me at shows and ask me for help with CTE and I have taken the time to find a table and help them and they have thanked me.

You people suck all the fun out of sharing. You really really do. Collectively I have around 890,000 views on my CTE videos. I have thousands of inquiries outside of AZB that I have responded to helping people learn CTE.

The general conversations about objective aiming systems has sparked many others to create or refine other aiming systems, some with similarities to Hal's methods. Only here is there a true cesspool of knockers looking for everything that they think that they can latch onto to knock. But credit for top performances using CTE is NEVER EVER GIVEN by the knockers. NEVER.

Instead they always say oh he was already good. Or they imply that the shooter is LYING and not using CTE. Or they say well it's ONLY because of subconscious adjustment. Shit if you have a 1-2-3 step method that is so effing great at making your subconscious SOMEHOW pick the right line then that's a totally badass system.

This is all REALLY EASY. If you don't like CTE then just STFU about it. That's it. Let the people who want to talk about it do so in peace and keep the crap to yourself.

987 people are in this facebook group and enjoying discussing CTE with no knockers or haters. But on AZB the knocker club is in full effect. You claim that you aren't knocking but in fact you are. You take one group of shots done casually and plot the stats for a number of shots (I haven't even counted to see if you're even right) and IGNORE all the videos of all the people making tons of shots using CTE as contrast.

Anyway here is me making 44 balls in order using CTE.

THAT is part of why the 'war' has been going on for so long. You just told The_JV to STFU. He has not even come to any conclusion regarding SS's CTE. He has questions as well he should because things simply do not make sense to those who have any sense of rational reason, common sense, or the sciences. Is he now a "hater"?