The PAUSE in pool stroke

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wish i could do that....

wish i could do that....:mad:
I'm sure you can.....just wax the CB with Meguiars spray car wax ! CB comes zipping back ! Easy to draw, hard to control ! When I first got my Diamond ball cleaner, they said to use the Aramith ball cleaner or the meguiars detail wax. I cleaned them with the wax. Opps ! I was drawing whitey 3 & 4 rails ! Also got skids everywhere ! Use the aramith now...much better...but can't draw the ball like Shane anymore ! lol

Reactions: bbb

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I struggled for a long time trying to incorporate a pause into my stroke.

It wasn’t until someone posted the following lesson from Mark Wilson at DCC that it finally clicked for me (do yourself a favor and watch all 3 parts):

What a great video! Thanks for posting.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly my thoughts! For the life of me, and I’m approaching 60, I have never had any success in trying to insert a pause in the back. It’s more of a slow smooth transition. Maybe it will come to me in my 80’s? Lol
Lol I heard a old saying the other day that kinda fits this. My story is similar to yours-I tried to add it in, didn’t help from what I could tell.

The old saying is “Everything changes” which is pretty deep thinking about it.

So yeah let’s revisit the Buddy Hall “Pause” in 20 years and see if we become champions then!😁😉😀

Best regards
Fatboy

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great video! Thanks for posting.
Yes. Very good videos. I like the part in the very beginning where he says pool is not run on money... It is run on passion.

We all disagree on a lot of things on azbilliards. But we do share one thing, and that is a passion for pool. I disagree with a lot of people here, but I would love to play a game of pool with each and everyone of you.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I was actually thinking 'Set - Pause - Finish' every time I made a shot I wouldn't be able to make anything!

After PSR I confirm my tip position on the CB (Set)
I then switch my eyes from the CB to OB as I start my take away, intense focus on contact point of OB which takes about a second (Pause)
I then accelerate through CB to chest (Finish)

The act of confirming your tip position on CB will cause a Set
I can't switch from CB to OB and then focus on contact point in a quick jerky motion which automatically creates a slow take away and Pause
Accelerating through CB to Finish comes naturally once you've already Paused

The 'Set Pause and Finish' should be a 'byproduct' of your normal shot routine not a conscious effort.