The people we meet

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
Today while playing "Philly" I had the pleasure of meeting Jim Lawless(owner) of Classic Billiards in Phoenixville, Pa. Nice meeting you Jim. You and your pool room have a great rep. Keep up the good work. Frank

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member
Weds.... GC vs Philly at Classic. I smell a race to 7 (your choice) for pack of peanut butter crackers and bottle of diet water. Game is over when the crackers run out. This match is for the pride of Rt 73.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Weds.... GC vs Philly at Classic. I smell a race to 7 (your choice) for pack of peanut butter crackers and bottle of diet water. Game is over when the crackers run out. This match is for the pride of Rt 73.

I would never gamble with a guy who drinks diet water...
...if you get stuck.....he can't give you any weight

BEAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the kind words Frank. Was a pleasure finally meeting you. For your ride out from Blue Bell. Germantown Pike to Collegeville, Take RT 29 south into Phoenixville. Keep straight once you get to Phoenixville. You will be on Bridge St, follow through town. Until you get to RT 23. Veer right, I am about a mile down on the right hand side. Across the street from French Creek Outfitters.

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member
Keep straight once you get to Phoenixville. You will be on Bridge St, follow through town.

Phoenixville.....home of the "The Blob".
Is BlobFest a national holiday? Schools, bars, banks, libraries, pool rooms closed???

Last edited:

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

You're on! :thumbup:

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Diet water?

What is "diet water"?

I've met quite a few notable characters since I began playing 61 years ago.

Around 1970 I got to play some pool with Charlie Dierkop, who played one of the "bad guys" in numerous movies. He was a member of the Butch Cassidy gang, and was at the place where Eddie got his thumbs broke in The Hustler. He played against Eddie in that episode, but it was cut from the final version.

His tough guy appearance and image belied his nice personality. He played decent pool, too.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

alex is quickly becoming my second favorite 1 liner comedian
2nd only to the best

Stephen wright

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
My "Old Hometown"

I always wondered where you were down that way. I am going to be in Allentown weekend of 17th this month. Maybe if i get time I can get a side trip in ? Anyone available to meet up & play on short notice ??

Once you mention French Creek Outfitters, I knew where you are now. Wow, so much has changed down there !!

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member
So....my first time at Classic. It's a classic. Nicely done. Tables are properly spaced. Light is good. Tables well maintained. And CLEAN. Jimmy is running a good show. I planned to play from 12-3 however I ended up playing 1P with Jimmy until about 5. It was time for me to go to school. I enjoyed the game....made plenty of mistakes, wrong shots, poor cue control but learned a few things. I did not mind losing. I did not expect to win....just felt great being on the playing field. However what is killing me is I left a few scratch pennies there. t's bad enough to put the pennies up for scratching....but worse to forget to take them back home. I'm $.03 in the hole :killingme::killingme:.....Thank you Jimmy for your time.

BEAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had fun playing you today Frank. Enjoy your winter down south. I'll practice up for you and be ready to play you again in the spring!

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member
Special thanks to Philly for introducing snd encouraging me to play at Classic. Well worth the ride.
I'm encouraging people to go play there....a nice relaxed atmosphere. You'll feel at home. Lot of fine people playing pool having fun.

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure you'll be ok without those pennies Frank. Sounds like you had a good time, and that I should head up and meet/play some 1p with Jimmy.

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member
Had fun playing you today Frank. Enjoy your winter down south. I'll practice up for you and be ready to play you again in the spring!
Thanks again for the session and being informative instead of combative. It was a great learning experience. I appreciate you taking the time explain my actions. I intent to practice and work hard during the Winter...I'm coming back loaded for BEAR

I'm sure you'll be ok without those pennies Frank. Sounds like you had a good time, and that I should head up and meet/play some 1p with Jimmy.
Mitch. It's a great poolroom (and smokeless). You'll enjoy the atmosphere. You'll be very comfortable and welcome there. There is a dedicated OnePocket table. Go and have fun.....and look for my fairly clean shinny pennies.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member

OK we continue. My wife is going away for the day and I'm stuck with nothing to do. OH what a drag....all afternoon at the pool room. Man I feel guilty. hehe.
Anyway the race/challenge continues. GoldCrown vs Philly to (name your game) a race to whatever. Will play for lunch, coffee , water, IOU, a bad check, the pennies I left on the table, anything...name it...my Sears cue for your Joss, Sorry...this match will not be Streamed.....no witnesses.... just in case my old lady takes me to court :grin::grin:

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OK we continue. My wife is going away for the day and I'm stuck with nothing to do. OH what a drag....all afternoon at the pool room. Man I feel guilty. hehe.
Anyway the race/challenge continues. GoldCrown vs Philly to (name your game) a race to whatever. Will play for lunch, coffee , water, IOU, a bad check, the pennies I left on the table, anything...name it...my Sears cue for your Joss, Sorry...this match will not be Streamed.....no witnesses.... just in case my old lady takes me to court :grin::grin:

deleted duplicate